Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by medievalman1 View Post
    I would play them, its true, but there's no way I'd be able to maintain what I'm doing in life, valor capping all of them, and trying out some of the new features being implemented. Thus, I'm thrilled
    Anyone who can think in consequences that happen over the timespan of 5 minutes is thrilled.
    Those complainers that have the sight under 2 inches are starting to get old. Usually they complain not only things as the valor point buff (which cuts nearly 1/3 of work for each alt, AFTER you worked your ass as everyone else with a main), but also about things as relic slot or prime glyphs being taken for WHOLE TWO WEEKS, making them useless until MoP hit.

Short-sight is getting SO OLD.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleri View Post
    If they're going to cap us at 3k valor, could they at least give us something to SPEND it on? I have 10k on my main, and I'll be damned if I'm going to sell boots and bracers for, what is it now, 700g? 500? 200?

Even a way to convert them to Justice would be nice.
    How can you have 10K in your main with a cap of 4K, and THERE IS a conversion to Justice Points 1:1.
    Last edited by Buu; 2012-08-06 at 12:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    How can you have 10K in your main with a cap of 4K, and THERE IS a conversion to Justice Points 1:1.
    If you are talking about valor points atm there is only 1k cap weekly but overall there is no hard cap for VP for example I have more than 16k valor points atm.

15+ Year Old Account
    I hate how sensitive people are.

WoW, some of you guys really seem to be uptight. I wouldn't call it a side holding, knee slapper. But it got a smile. A little jesting, poking, no real disrespect. There was plenty of trash talking leading up to SWTOR and it's caved in on itself and couldn't even maintain 1 million subs for one year. I wish every MMO game the best of luck, you guys just need to loosen up and learn to laugh at things

Here is a crazy theory. The sha of pandaria will possess several faction leaders and take over orgrimmar. Jaina, Garrosh, Gallywix, and the Council of hammers will be the raid bosses with garrosh fight in valley of strength, Jaina fight in valley of spirit, Gallywix on the top of orgrimmar, and council of hammer fight in the valley of honor. In each area you will have to fight a gauntlet with multiple waves until the boss appears.

Deleted
    Awesome, everyone is gonna have geared alts, but no clue how to play them. Atm the only way to judge the decency of a players if you don't have logs is gear. thats is fucked now, we are going to HAVE TO play with morons.

anyone dare say they are NOT dumbing down the game by giving your alts free Valor points ?

10+ Year Old Account
    I like The Daily Blink comic. Too bad that since their website redesign I can't comment without having to sign up. Which I'm not doing. :/

I hope Blizzard doesn't stop at just the "Valor of the Ancients" buff. They still have a ways to go after the alt-killer that was Cataclysm.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Quote Originally Posted by Eiffeltower View Post
    Awesome, everyone is gonna have geared alts, but no clue how to play them. Atm the only way to judge the decency of a players if you don't have logs is gear. thats is fucked now, we are going to HAVE TO play with morons.

anyone dare say they are NOT dumbing down the game by giving your alts free Valor points ?
    Of course they aren't. There's nothing "smart" about having to run 15 heroics vs. 10 heroics. The only thing you are doing in the end is running heroics.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by subanark View Post
    There isn't any valor armor/gear. You use valor to upgrade existing gear, and the cap is there to discourage players from holding off too long on valor waiting to upgrade BiS pieces.
    You will find that there are 4 factions that you will have to rep grind to revered before you can buy VP gear and range from 1250 to 2250 VP's.. (This is from the current beta build.)

---------- Post added 2012-08-06 at 12:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post

At the moment there is no maximum VP cap on live only the weekly one, and when either patch 5 or MoP comes out they will be reset to 0 anyways.
    Last edited by grexly75; 2012-08-06 at 03:07 AM.

Greatest TBD ever. SW failed hardcore and no amount of hating on the truth will make that game any better. I hope Lucas got his cash up front for the license.

---------- Post added 2012-08-05 at 08:10 PM ----------

More like people might actually run less heroics now since they'll cap sooner therefore you will have less of a chance to play with them. But we'll let you live in your negative little box and maybe one day you'll learn to think outside of it.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account

You obviously don't play more than one toon by the sounds of your rant. Running dungeon after dungeon on your alts is what burnt a lot of folks out it became very tedious. And well there are enough idiots in LFR and in LFD right now that what this will do is make it faster to get away from them.

And well in the end this is a very good idea.
    Last edited by grexly75; 2012-08-06 at 03:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is a nice buff! d3 ripoff any1? Can't wait for Mists of pandaria!

And stop the QQ about "free VP".. If you want those free VP you need to cap your main, and then play your alt. Reasons for playing more? Good thing imo. Capping VP have never been hard? sigh.. QQ about the LFR instead that gives you free epics for being AFK during an encounter -_-
    Last edited by Chrysopoeia; 2012-08-06 at 03:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spinalc0rd View Post
    LOOOL its funny all the WoW haters who are now pissed at Daily Blink. ROFL.

Your precious SWTOR failed. =)

I will be enjoying Guild Wars 2 this month an then ill be enjoying MoP the month after and then jump between both depending on my mood and enjoyment. Man..... Life is good. i'm also getting engaged 25th this month so many good things near the end of this year I cannot complain

You're getting engaged the 25th of this month? Does the other person not have a say or something? I always thought it had something to do with proposing a question. Watch karma turn your good life around and have them say no! LOOOL Good luck!

I know they dont read this but I really hope they can remove BoA's and replace the xp bonus as a buy-able buff for alts. Its no fun being given armour for 1-85 knowing you cant build a character. I understand that you could just not use them, but I dont believe thats worth the loss of the xp bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by orangelemonrain View Post
    I know they dont read this but I really hope they can remove BoA's and replace the xp bonus as a buy-able buff for alts. Its no fun being given armour for 1-85 knowing you cant build a character. I understand that you could just not use them, but I dont believe thats worth the loss of the xp bonus.
    You could always transmog them, my brother hated the Warlock look so when he got the lich robes in Razorfen he transmogged the robes.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysopoeia View Post
    That is a nice buff! d3 ripoff any1? Can't wait for Mists of pandaria!

And stop the QQ about "free VP".. If you want those free VP you need to cap your main, and then play your alt. Reasons for playing more? Good thing imo. Capping VP have never been hard? sigh.. QQ about the LFR instead that gives you free epics for being AFK during an encounter -_-
    You maybe AFK during the encounter but the new bosses don't play so nice and that AFker will be dead as a doornail since there is a lot more movement required now in that Feng the Accursed is very much a constant movement fight if you don't move you die.
    Last edited by grexly75; 2012-08-06 at 03:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.

I think your logic is dumbing the community down.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Eh, that comic was not funny in the least. Well, unless you count the fact that WoW has lost three times the number of subs that SWTOR lost this quarter but Daily Blink still thought they'd be able to get cheeky about it. That might be sort of funny. Course what it boils down to is that both are bleeding like stuck pigs. Its just that WoW can afford the bleed for longer then SWTOR.

Quote Originally Posted by baldcore View Post
    Here is a crazy theory. The sha of pandaria will possess several faction leaders and take over orgrimmar. Jaina, Garrosh, Gallywix, and the Council of hammers will be the raid bosses with garrosh fight in valley of strength, Jaina fight in valley of spirit, Gallywix on the top of orgrimmar, and council of hammer fight in the valley of honor. In each area you will have to fight a gauntlet with multiple waves until the boss appears.
    You do know that its been confirmed already that the raid is UNDER THE CITY! not in the city itself so to speak.

---------- Post added 2012-08-06 at 03:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by palladiamors View Post
    Eh, that comic was not funny in the least. Well, unless you count the fact that WoW has lost three times the number of subs that SWTOR lost this quarter but Daily Blink still thought they'd be able to get cheeky about it. That might be sort of funny. Course what it boils down to is that both are bleeding like stuck pigs. Its just that WoW can afford the bleed for longer then SWTOR.
    Oh dear i love the people who think mop has anything to do with the wow bleeding my guess is you think mop caused it nope it was 8 months of no new content that did it and on top of that cata is hands down the worst expansion ever made period!Mop will stop the bleeding for sure but not sure about the mataining subs part or even increaseing we will see in a few months if wow is reallt dying or cata caused it.but it will stop bleeding for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    I like The Daily Blink comic. Too bad that since their website redesign I can't comment without having to sign up. Which I'm not doing. :/

I hope Blizzard doesn't stop at just the "Valor of the Ancients" buff. They still have a ways to go after the alt-killer that was Cataclysm.

i like the change, i didn't play my alts because of the annoying grind