Thread: Golden Sun 4

Deleted

Golden Sun 4

So i did a search and it seems this hasnt been mentioned yet. Figured i'd say this to any Golden Sun fans out there as i myself only discovered it today when the news have been out for a month.

First off, Camelot have stated they'll be making a 4th Golden Sun IF PEOPLE ARE INTERESTED:
    http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...her_golden_sun

Due to this, Zeldainformer has started Operation Sunrise which is a petition to get as many interested in it as possible:
    http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/operation-sunrise/

So if youre a Golden Sun fan and want the next game, off and sign up you go! Lets get ourselves that 4th game!

I would buy a DS just to play this game. Loved me some Lost Age
    <-- That is otterly adorable.

...wait, they would only make one "if people are interested" ?

If they werent sure about a 4th one, they should've have finished the 3rd IN A MASSIVE CLIFFHANGER.

I mean, if you end a game/movie/show with a massive cliffhanger finale, it's kinda EXPECTED that you're already working on a 4th. Not "If they feel like it"

---------- Post added 2012-08-05 at 04:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fenlnir View Post
    I would buy a DS just to play this game. Loved me some Lost Age
    Wouldn't you have bought a DS to play the 3rd one? (Dark Dawn)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

@Chaoslux Mine may have been ran over. So I borrowed my friends to play it.
    <-- That is otterly adorable.

God I loved the first two games, so ahead of their time and such amazing graphics and feel to them. I can still remember the music! 3rd game was shit IMO and my hopes are crushed for a 4th one.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    God I loved the first two games, so ahead of their time and such amazing graphics and feel to them. I can still remember the music! 3rd game was shit IMO and my hopes are crushed for a 4th one.
    I definetly agree that the music in the first one (second one too, but especially the first for me) is sooo memorable.

To the point that i would hang out in Sholazar Basin because a segment of it's background music was very very similar to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

GS1+2 were more or less my favorite gba games honestly.
    While Dark Dawn was more a disappointment for me (mediocre dialogues, plotholes, no exiting new mechanics/summons/bosses) I still would buy a GS4 first day without even thinking about it twice.

But pleaaase make it better. And don't let us wait another 7 years. (2 are already gone though!)
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

Deleted
    Personally i felt the third was good, but ofcourse prefered the first two.
    They have stated they will need some time to come up with a story etc, so hopefully they'll take time and make it epic.

Although admitedly it does worry me slightly that they dont have any kind of story, considering they ended it in a cliffhanger and should know where that story should be headed. Maybe im reading it wrong and they have a base understanding of where it should lead but not the way there.

Oh well, hopefully they'll get started on it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Meh. I loved the first 2 to death but I never really got into the 3rd so I don't really care.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaoslux View Post
    I definetly agree that the music in the first one (second one too, but especially the first for me) is sooo memorable.

To the point that i would hang out in Sholazar Basin because a segment of it's background music was very very similar to it.
    Aqua Rock man, loved me some Aqua Rock music.

Edit: On a side note (or on topic really), the number of times I've played the first one is somewhere in the double digits while the second one has had it's fair share of play throughs (loved these games, favorite handheld games ever) but for some reason I haven't brought myself to getting the third one....something about the average reviews makes me feel like it will end up detracting from the overall experience
    Last edited by ElAmigo; 2012-08-06 at 08:05 AM.
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ElAmigo View Post
    Aqua Rock man, loved me some Aqua Rock music.

Edit: On a side note (or on topic really), the number of times I've played the first one is somewhere in the double digits while the second one has had it's fair share of play throughs (loved these games, favorite handheld games ever) but for some reason I haven't brought myself to getting the third one....something about the average reviews makes me feel like it will end up detracting from the overall experience
    Well it kinda depends from person to person i guess. Personally i enjoyed the third a lot. It had an abundance of lore and puzzle solving. The only thing i felt was a bit annoying was the fact that the game was too easy combatwise. The two first ones actually brought challenges, you needed to be on your toes and use your abilities correctly etc. This game? Not much challenge, combat was pretty damn easy. The puzzles were still good and challenging, but the combat was just pure easy.
    Its still a very good game imo, but thats just my opinion.

As for music...the opening screen music and Venus Lighthouse!

I never played the third, but if it's anything like the first two... gief. Now. Please?

Ah it was still quite a good game in comparision to many other titles.
    Just not to 1&2 imho.

Some things just really bugged me.
    [spoiler!]

At the beginnig there were those psy vortex things everywhere, but then they just ignored them and nobody cares untill the final credits.
    This "Important stuff! Oh wait we don't care anymore." thing happend quite often in this game.
    Another example:
    Kraden: "Btw your sister is fine!"
    Rief:"...who? Oh jk I was totally worried!"
    Kraden: "Yeah she's banging that Lemurian now."
    Rief: "Is that so? Okay."
    Kraden: "Yeah..."
    "Let's sail!"

What did Jenna wrong that neither her husband nor her son want to talk about her? All we got was something like "she is a wise woman living in Kalay atm".
    And poor Sheba nobody even remembered her name.
    And the bosses... well like you said combat was too easy.
    Blados&Chalis were just talk no action. Lame pushovers. Even in comparision to Karst&Agatio. Saturos&Menardi were just waaaay superior imho.
    At least Alex is still interesting. But this scene before the endfight was really weird. I hold them off!! Or maybe I'm bored and just go away.
    Chaos Chimera was not half as cool as Fusion/Doom Dragon. Cruel Rain>Shadow Clash. Also don't waste half your turns with stupid stuff like Firecracker. Really?
    Fight was faceroll enough with complete replenishment after first engagement.
    The only halfway decent boss was Dullahan. And that was mostly because of Crucible.
    Finally 3 or 4 points of no return. Was that needed?
    [endspoiler/endrant]

I might've sound really angry, but I just had really high hopes for GS3.
    The predecessors were just sooo good imho.
    It was still a full-fledged Golden Sun title no doubt about it, not just some cheap franchise milking.
    But I really hope they can fix their reputation and some of their major plotholes in part 4.
    Last edited by Mistral; 2012-08-06 at 04:55 PM.
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    A 4th one would probably be for the 3DS. That said, Dark Dawn got to be super easy when you start approaching the 15 hour played mark. I still fully enjoyed it, never finished it though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    A 4th one would probably be for the 3DS.
    That kinda depends, i think. If they want to make it a direct continuation of it, then its probably DS seeing as you'd want to transfer and stuff, and not shafting the fans who bought the DS one but do not own a 3DS. Also just might be the same engine, which would work for both either ways.
    Although if they make a totally new engine and matches it to the 3DS, i can see the possibilities.