[Anime] Just getting started

So I have watched

Full metal alchemist (not brotherhood)
    Death Note
    Code Geass
    Soul Eater
    Claymore
    Legend of Korra and original

I Have loved each one (but soul eater not so much), I enjoy the fantasy and story telling that anime offers. As such along these titles can anyone recommend another title for me to marathon through?

Notes on my "needs""

It must have reasonable dubs for English, and I 'technically' legally blind, even seating 2-3 meters away from my screen I gain massive eye strain whilst trying to read that much that fast. So, though I don't mind subtitles and original audio, it isn't an option (For example the German show REX I can only watch in original audio)

Please no modern day drama, I prefer stories that differ to our own modern frame, but, do offer commentary and new lights upon it. Example, the morality quandary of 'the' death note and the pragmatism of geass have made for some awesome discussions of late. Plus I am sick to death with drama story lines... explosions mandatory

Shows that are on "The List"

FMA: Brotherhood; just waiting for a little while before I jump back on that horse
    Cowboy Bebop
    Bleach: I am after shows that I can blaze through over my weekends, the mountain of bleach episodes is daunting and being attacked very ... very slowly

Thanks, and I appreciate your opinions
    Last edited by Rekindled; 2012-08-06 at 02:03 PM.
    CPU: i7 3930k@4.4 Mobo: Rampage IV X79 RAM: 32GB Ripjaw @ 1600Mhz GPU: EVGA 780ti SC SSD: 128GB M4

I'd be interested in this too!

I watched all of Dragonball this year. It was pretty good and it was a fun show to watch. Unfortunately it did drag on at certain parts.

I think I may watch FMA next.

I gotta say HOLY CRAP is FMA good! give it a look. I think it is on netflix for all of you lucky American BASTARDS! Turns out, in Australia DVD stores are still a thing WHO KNEW?
    CPU: i7 3930k@4.4 Mobo: Rampage IV X79 RAM: 32GB Ripjaw @ 1600Mhz GPU: EVGA 780ti SC SSD: 128GB M4

If you enjoyed Korra you should 100% watch The Last Airbender.

Deleted
    I quite Enjoyed Black Lagoon and then there is Ghost in the Shell the movie/s and the stand alone complex series are just amazing ghost in the shell is a must watch atleast the first movie the series is just awesome.

Oh also if you want something weird but good try Neon Genesis Evangelion.
    Last edited by mmoc53d469cddd; 2012-08-06 at 02:09 PM.

I have, should have made that more clear. Thanks though.

Deleted
    Black Lagoon indeed. It's a must watch, and there's also Black Lagoon - Second Barrage (season 2 pretty much)

Infinite Stratos
    Mouretsu Pirates
    Shigofumi (This one might fit, it's about letters from the dead being delivered to various people, but it's not very action-y)
    Deadman Wonderland

About the dub part, I know Lagoon and Deadman Wonderland has dubs that can be found, not sure about the other 3.
    Last edited by mmoc6223637058; 2012-08-06 at 02:10 PM.

D. Gray Man
    Dreameater Merry
    Hellsing (original and ultimate, although ultimate has only the first 4 episodes dubbed atm (i think)
    Angel Beats
    Elfen Lied
    Blood+
    Buso Renkin
    Darker Than Black
    Fairy Tail (season 2 has just been liscenced for dubbing (i think)
    Highschool of the Dead
    Puella Magi Madoka Maica
    Moon Phase
    RIN: Daughters of Mnemosyne
    One Piece (lots of episodes but worth it)
    Naruto (+ shippuden)
    The Sacred Blacksmith
    Witchblade
    XXXHolic

Deleted
    Gurren Lagann.

Cowboy Bebop
    Samurai Champloo
    Puella Magi Madoka Magica
    Le Chevalier D'Eon
    Ghost In The Shell (First movie at least, don't worry so much about the series, but Stand Alone Complex is awesome)
    Akira (Flaws and all, this was the original landmark Anime movie and should be the bar by which all others are judged)
    Patlabor (Movies 1 & 2)
    Gurren Laggan (Movies again, can go through the series too)

samurai champloo
    clannad
    cowboy beebop
    gurren laggen
    trigun

most of the animes i enjoy are subbed tho so atm i cant think of many

Deleted
    I'm also starting to watch some anime although I'm very picky and I don't mind watching it in japanese/chinese(?) or english, although I prefer the first.

I have watched a few animes but the only one that has been sticking around is Naruto, it has nice dub in english, at least the epis I have seen in english, and I am currently watching the manga too. I have started watching Bleach but I'm not very impressed as of now because I have only watched 5 episodes so far, but it seems nice, it's a very funny anime though, but I'm not sure if I recommend lol.

Oh, there's also two movies that I just love, Princess Mononoke, nice english dub!!! and Spirited Away, those two are a must see! Ghost in the Shell is good too and Akira.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2012-08-06 at 03:19 PM.

Deleted
    Avoid Naruto and Bleach, both are overrated and hyped.

Try One piece, suprisingly enough One piece is good and not at all like Naruto/Bleach

Kuroshitsuji 1 & 2

Blue Exorcist starts out decently but was completely ruined in the last 2 episodes where the anime-makers started to ignore the manga

Natsume Yuuchinjou ... an anime that WILL make you feel fuzzy/happy/sad after each episode

Mahou shoujo madoka magicka, havnt watched this myself but have been told it is a rather interesting anime.

Gintama ... pure epicness

Deleted
    Most people recommed you the standart stuff, mostly action. I will try to recomme some other stuff. Well some contain action too but not that standart shonen stuff.

Mushishi - Its an episodic Anime with a guy traveling through japan to free places of "ghosts" or "creatures" it dont have much action but it has an amazing atmosphere and is one of my favorite animes.

Monster - A young doctor, working in germany, gets a young boy with a headshot in his clinic, he saves his life to later find out that this boy could be described as the Evil in person. Its a crazy story, for some people it drags a bit but i find it great!

Eve no jikan - Its in a society (it reminds me abit of Animatrix) were androids are a normal thing, they look like human but some of them having "feelings". Its only 6 episodes but absolutly brillant.

tokyo magnetude 8.0 - This is about a girl and a boy who go to a convention and an earthquake hits tokyo, now they are stuck on this convention and try to go home in this chaos. This one is isnt for anybody because it has a more realistic touch to it (not gory or anything).

for more detailed descibtion check http://anidb.net

Black Lagoon - Best Action anime out there imo, a must watch!
    Elfen Lied - Very bloody but yet somewhat beautyfull.
    Mirai Nikki - Psychological crazy surviving game, easily makes it to my top 5, a must watch!
    Darker Than Black - Very good fantasy action anime
    Canaan - Short but good action anime.
    Hellsing Ultimate - Best Vampire anime! (last episode going live this month, OMG)
    Full Metal Panic - Action comedy, defo worth a watch.
    Ikkitousen - Pretty much dragon ball with chicks!
    Kateikyoushi Hitman Reborn - Very good fantasy/action anime - The first few episodes will make you wish u stated on telletubbies, but once u pass that its pure awesomeness. (like One piece and naruto this also have abit of random fillers. )

FMA, Death note and Code Geass are some of the best animes out there, if you liked those you should try out these aswell.

Ive watched both Naruto and One Piece, both a good imo. Just to many fillers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekindled View Post
    I gotta say HOLY CRAP is FMA good! give it a look. I think it is on netflix for all of you lucky American BASTARDS! Turns out, in Australia DVD stores are still a thing WHO KNEW?
    Assuming this website is available in Australia bam: http://www.watchcartoononline.com/an...h-dubbed-guide
    WCO has dozens of dubbed and subbed animes that are 100% completely legal to watch, afaik. Every episode of FMA is on there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Monster
    Baccano
    Cowboy Bebop (I know it's already on the list but it's just that good)
    Samurai Champloo

I just finished watching Baccano!, a gangster anime with some supernatural flair. It was extremely enjoyable, though quite short. I think it was 13 episodes, jumping constantly between a rather large diversity of characters.

For the most part, it's set in the early 20th century.

Btw FMA Brotherhood is waaaaaaaaay better than just FMA.

Trinity Blood.

That's the only one I can think of that I know has English dub and hasn't been listed already.

Ghost in the Shell is really good. I like 2nd Gig. It's got the political and philosophical depth like Code Geass has. Very few anime have such extreme depth as the ones you listed. Most have a step below and are another take on adventure anime or romance. A lot of anime is good, few are great, almost none are outstanding, and only a handful aren't worth watching.

Pandora Hearts would be a good candidate if it's dubbed, though the ending was rushed and underwhelming imo.