0 0%
  • Age Of Conan

0 0%
  • Lord of the Rings online

0 0%
  • Hello Kitty Island Adventure

0 0%

What's you're favorite WOW killer?

For the last 5+ years every new game has been labeled a "WOW killer". Each time I honestly believed it and always to my surprise they sucked.
    My favorite 2 WOW killers were the following

DC Online I never played it until it went F2P and spent hours downloading it and trying to login when it became F2P. I played for 5 minutes realized this game sucks and uninstalled it.

SWTOR I played for 2 months chewing on my arm the entire time. I played with 3 friends and we had nothing better to do. The game was AWFUL the story was horrific. Yet I paid for 1 month due to just wanting to hang out with friends. It took our friends dad getting cancer and he quit playing. I think we all used that same excuse well since he quit we might as well quit too. It took me 2 months to grind out level 30. The only thing that SWTOR accomplished was George Lucas got even more rich of the licensing of the video game. I am just waiting for the Special and Extended Editions of SWTOR so we can all be duped again like we do when he releases, re-releases and re-releases the same movie.

Thats my story.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really liked Lord of the Rings Online.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I guess SWTOR was my favorite, didn't try any others... But SWTOR was really mostly for the story bits, so guess that's not saying much. Looking forward to playing some more of those stories sometime in November though, will be great. =)

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I *guess* it would be SWTOR really. While I initially liked LotR the terrible animations, oddly square graphic and covered-up grinding killed it for me, well that and the cash shop, I got sick and tired of all the "To do this Qest/Zone/Dungeon please pay up".

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

First, I don't hate on any game just because it might have pose a threat to WoW. Competition is great and we need a little more than what we have.

I'm going to say RIFT was my favorite WoW killer. I even tried it, but I just couldn't get into it.
    In less than a month, GW2 will be my new favorite WoW killer. Again, no hate for GW2 and I hope it does great. I just haven't seen anything to make me think "Yeah, that's the one!"

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh there's many out there however the the most stated and active one was SWTOR, I even subbed to it for a month or two before I got bored.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the hype that got me the most was the Age of Conan hype. I vividly remember people praising the fact that it was bloodier and more "serious" compared to the kid's game that WoW was. Game didn't quite last though

Nope. This, "WoW Killer" nonsense never ends up being even remotely productive. If you want to know what non-WoW MMO's recently release that people enjoy, that's fine.