Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I think they'll go with the MMO and abandon the RPG

But if they do continue, they might go with the Kajiit part, forgat the name, Elsweyr or something, as I heard it's a tropical land and they haven't done that and after the frigid cold of Skyrim we need some hot beaches and rainforests.

i want to see a sload. not even mods as far as i know have attempted that. ES6 - Thras
    somebody call for d doctor?

As unlikely as another Elder Scrolls I'd love to see a combination map of 2 continents like in Daggerfall. Elder Scrolls 2 had it's Iliac Bay with Hammerfell and High Rock on either side. I could really go for Elsweyr and Argonia separated by the Topal Sea. I bet you anything that Senchal and Soulrest have a boat/ferry service between then.

And then the expansion pack opens up the bottom portion of Morrowind allowing us to see what's become of Mournhold after all this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Fibby76 View Post
    I vote the Black Marsh!
    Furries and scalies unite!

Anyway, I think there won't be ES6. TESO is their main program from now on.

I really hope that won't be another WOW clone.

---Attention to all misinformed TES fans that think TESO is the new focus of Bethesda---

Funfact time!

The Elder Scrolls Online is being developed by Zenimax, not Bethesda. Bethesda still has full rights to the Elder Scrolls universe.
    2. The Elder Scrolls is Bethesda's best selling series. They'd lose alot of $$$ if they ended the series.
    Last edited by Thalian; 2012-09-07 at 12:25 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't mind Cyrodill again, i had much more fun there than i had in Skyrim.
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalian View Post
    ---Attention to all misinformed TES fans that think TESO is the new focus of Bethesda---

Funfact time!

The Elder Scrolls Online is being developed by Zenimax, not Bethesda. Bethesda still has full rights to the Elder Scrolls universe.
    2. The Elder Scrolls is Bethesda's best selling series. They'd lose alot of $$$ if they ended the series.
    And your point is? Bethesda and ZeniMax Online Studios are both subsidiary of Zenimax Media.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just hope they plan on expansion'ing in all of the Elder Scrolls areas into Skyrim. They already have the Imperial Tower from Oblivion on the Skyrim Map (requires some console coding and such to get to, but it's there) and there are rumors they plan on doing that. I think it would be really cool to have all of the areas under one roof.

Although they ARE making an MMO (and it actually looks pretty decent from what I've seen), so maybe they'll just do it all there. MMOs need massive worlds to live in.

As far as single-player games, they still have several areas they haven't really made games for, so they still have some steam left in them as far as that goes.

---------- Post added 2012-09-06 at 11:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    And your point is? Bethesda and ZeniMax Online Studios are both subsidiary of Zenimax Media.
    His point being that the MAIN TES section is still under Bethesda. Meaning Bethesda still has free reign to work on SP games, since the MMO is being covered by someone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Just to make it clear. Bethesda wants to be the next Blizzard. They want to turn Elder Scrolls into an MMO. Just like Blizz did with Warcraft.

Since WOW became a money printing machine a lot asked if Blizz will do another Warcraft RTS or adventure game. Well, the answer is no. Warcraft's format is now MMO.

Bethesda is aiming for this, too. And they have a good chance unless they want to turn TESO into a WOW clone.

i think they should make a round world where there are no endings it just goes to the othor side of the map also if they cant do that morrowind would be badass if they remade it like morroblivion only smoother with new stuff like weapons and spells same storyline tho.

There will be no Elder Scrolls Six....

Lol jk. Probably Summerset Isle(Wherever the High Elves are from, forgive my spelling).

---------- Post added 2012-10-08 at 12:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceshaman View Post
    Just to make it clear. Bethesda wants to be the next Blizzard. They want to turn Elder Scrolls into an MMO. Just like Blizz did with Warcraft.

Since WOW became a money printing machine a lot asked if Blizz will do another Warcraft RTS or adventure game. Well, the answer is no. Warcraft's format is now MMO.

Bethesda is aiming for this, too. And they have a good chance unless they want to turn TESO into a WOW clone.
    Actually, from what i hear the people making the MMO will be a different company. So it may not turn them into another Blizzard.... Hopefully.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cyrodiil was done in Oblivion if I remember.

I'd really love to see Elswyr or the Black Marsh. I've been curious about the other khajit variations for years, so I'd love to see those.

But Bethesda decided we needed a TES MMO so there goes a TES:VI. TES just does not strike me as the right franchise for an MMO. *shrug* Then again after seven years of WoW I'm admittedly burned out MMO's so that's probably tainting my opinion.
    That fabric softener teddy bear...oooh I'm 'a hunt that little bitch down.

summerset is most likely imo but i would really love black marsh and a revisit in part to morrowind since we have no idea how it looks after red mountain

Thing is so much revolves around the elves in skyrim and pre skyrim lore since oblivion so i have a feeling they're goign to be building something nice.

And no bethesda isn't stopping production on the games. I forgot where they said but right as they unveiled elder scrolls online they said right away they're stll going to make the TES. Why would they stop? They're actually just using old lore since its 1k years in the past

Deleted

This is exactly what I fear most for the Elder Scrolls series.

Just look at how retarded the lore in Warcraft series has gotten with WoW. MMOs aren't very good storytelling tools.
    You either kill off lots of well known bosses in a short time, leaving you with very little to work with very fast. Or you replace all the enemies with generic nobodies, but that means nobody gets really excited to take down these bosses.

In the end it will become a lot like WoW. They constantly have to add horrible lore and retcons to fit their gameplay needs.

I would've loved to see a Warcraft 4 RTS. But with the lore added in WoW I don't think it could even be good anymore. And let's face it, Blizzard won't even stop with WoW now. Like you said, it's their format now.

As cool as an Elder Scrolls MMO 'could' be, the chance for screw up is WAY too big.

Anyway, let's say that a new Singleplayer Elder Scrolls game will be made, I'd like to see either Summerset Isle/Valenwood or Black Marsh with parts of Morrowind.
    Last edited by mmoceb1605b3cd; 2012-10-08 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    This is exactly what I fear most for the Elder Scrolls series.
    ZeniMax Online Studio work on MMO not Bethesda it-self. MMO is omfg how many years before every game in Scrolls series so we can give a **** about lore, they can do anything with it (example: Announced Factions).

So why care?

Bethesda will deliver high-class single player game. Todd Howard himself stated that they don't like the idea of coop or multiplayer in their games.

As for the next game I vote for Elsweyr. Just in love with sneaky furry cats :3
    Last edited by OmniSkribe; 2012-10-08 at 06:37 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    I think they'll go with the MMO and abandon the RPG

But if they do continue, they might go with the Kajiit part, forgat the name, Elsweyr or something, as I heard it's a tropical land and they haven't done that and after the frigid cold of Skyrim we need some hot beaches and rainforests.
    I heard that the MMO is going to be 3rd-Person, turn-based (hotkey) combat. I can't see that being too popular with the fans.

Elsweyr would be cool, but it's already had some pretty amazing depiction in fan-made mod content like the highly impressive Moonpath to Elsweyr and a similar mod for Oblivion. So, if the next game was there. I'd feel a little underwhelmed, I think.

I'd love for at least a sizeable portion of the game to take place on the Summerset Isles. In Skyrim, we really got to see that the Thalmor are pulling all the strings in the Empire's affairs, but we never really got a chance to fight back against them. An imperial counter-attack against the Thalmor and conquest of Sumerset would be epic, in my opinion. We could knock those snooty elves down a few pegs. >=3

Hopefully the MMO won't override the single player series. If we get another single player game, I'd hope that they set their scopes far larger than before. Given that we'll potentially be using next gen consoles, let's hope they can cram a couple of places we haven't seen before into the game. I'd like to see Cyrodill + another major location in one game.

Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn View Post
    I heard that the MMO is going to be 3rd-Person, turn-based (hotkey) combat. I can't see that being too popular with the fans.

Elsweyr would be cool, but it's already had some pretty amazing depiction in fan-made mod content like the highly impressive Moonpath to Elsweyr and a similar mod for Oblivion. So, if the next game was there. I'd feel a little underwhelmed, I think.

I'd love for at least a sizeable portion of the game to take place on the Summerset Isles. In Skyrim, we really got to see that the Thalmor are pulling all the strings in the Empire's affairs, but we never really got a chance to fight back against them. An imperial counter-attack against the Thalmor and conquest of Sumerset would be epic, in my opinion. We could knock those snooty elves down a few pegs. >=3
    yes i wanna slap the shit out of those elves! XD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanith View Post
    NOTE: Please don't say "ALL OF TAMRIEL" like everyone on every forum everywhere, because that'd be almost impossible looking at the scale of each province, unless you want the Imperial City and similar cities scaled down to the size of Rorikstead.

NOTE2: I know TES:O is doing it, but they're only doing small parts of each.
    Don't really see why it would be almost impossible.

Actually Blizzard has never said they would never do another Warcraft RTS! Stop spreading false rumours! Thank you!