Deleted

why do normal mods only have local jurisdiction?

and with "local jurisdiction", i mean only in their own subforums. I mean, some forums are getting spammed often, and even if the spammer is banned, often enough, the mods for that forum are not online during that time, which means the posts remain and it's cluttered up.

my suggestion would be the following:

1) all mods can moderate in their own forums.
    2) in addition, every mod can be empowered to moderate a specific thread in another forum, provided enough reports have come in for that thread AND there's no mod online for that specific forum.

this way, threads like the one on the warrior boards mentioned a couple posts below can be dealt with sooner, rather than later.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know jack about computers, but I'm willing to bet you can't code something like that. And if there's a super mod or admin to temporarily give you the power, then there's no point because they can just do what needs to be done.

I think the better question is, why is it always the Warrior forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I think the better question is, why is it always the Warrior forum?
    Muscle brain correlation maybe? At least from the roleplaying point of view it is absoluteley correct that most troll posts are seen there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    Muscle brain correlation maybe? At least from the roleplaying point of view it is absoluteley correct that most troll posts are seen there.
    I was referring to the spambots, but ok then.

Deleted
    what you could also do, but that would give conflicts of actions, is give every mod access to every forum, but give each mod their own focus (but they can step outside that). mods receive primarily mentions from their own forums, but if a certain thread (or even post) receives X number of reports, all online mods are given a warning as well. it would be abit easier to code, and it also allows mods that notice spam outside their jurisdiction to step in when needed.

We're able to ban any non-mods in any subforum, but that's something reserved for extremely bad poster/spammer when nobody else in that forum is online, or a supermod isn't online either. Such cases are pretty rare, and probably more so now that the overall staff size has pretty much tripled in size. We're unable to do stuff like delete posts, but we are at least capable of keeping spammers from continuing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    We're able to ban any non-mods in any subforum, but that's something reserved for extremely bad poster/spammer when nobody else in that forum is online, or a supermod isn't online either. Such cases are pretty rare, and probably more so now that the overall staff size has pretty much tripled in size. We're unable to do stuff like delete posts, but we are at least capable of keeping spammers from continuing.
    OP already knows that, but he wants to know why and gives suggestions how he thinks it would work better.

Deleted
    Exactly, Treeston. the problem is that if someone is being trolly/abusive in a subforum where no mods are online, even if he gets banned, the thread doesn't get locked and it turns into a spamfest thread, even without the OP around. if there's a failsafe that can empower mods in the event of absence of other mods, the end result *should* be less spam.

15+ Year Old Account
    Even with supermods in North America and Europe, there are going to be times when no one is on. Unless we can get a super-mod from Australia or east asia then there are going to be a few hours that aren't covered as best as possible.

Needless to say when people wake up and see the reports the infractions will go out just the same. Being bad when a mod isn't around doesn't guarantee your safety.

Because hierarchy.

If you browse the forums a lot you'll definitely see spam, but usually we have people online to tackle it pretty fast. Moderators are still human though, and it will sometimes take a couple of minutes to take care of the problem.

Ultimately we're looking into fixing the root of this new spam problem instead of creating new FFA laws for moderators.

Just pay to relocate one of the supermods to Thailand, easy. I'd donate a few bucks on Kickstarter.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.