15+ Year Old Account

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier

So GameStop is having a deal with GR:FS that throws in a free game, and I've been wanting to try out the new Ghost Recon. Is it any good? Worth the $60? How about the replay value?
    "We all make choices, but in the end our choices make us." - Andrew Ryan

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Since you mention Gamestop, I'm guessing GRFS will be the console version. If so, people say it's pretty good for this generation. Don't expect FS to be anything like the older Ghost Recon games, though. Stay away from the PC version of the game.

Deleted
    I have it on PC and I love it. It's pretty intense, you can be tactical or all guns blazing depending on how you like to fight. Some missions call for both or one of the two, or it's up to you.

As far as FPS go it's certainly something new to me, compared to the CoD/Battlefield series. Not too sure about replay value, I've not played all the way through it yet, but then I have a habit of doing one mission a day or every now and then for some reason. See if you can get your hands on a Demo is what I'd advise.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am a big fan of the entire Tom Clancy/Ubisoft series of games and to me its a very good game that I would recommend. I tend to stick to PC gaming and waited for it to be released on PC, but the reviews for it were very sub quality, imo. So we ended up picking it up for xbox 360. You may want to check out the reviews to see if the PCs shortcomings are enough to keep you from enjoying it on PC. Also, I don't know if the issues people have had have since been patched, so that's worth researching also.

I'd definitely recommend the game, though. My console has been reduced to basically playing only sports games, but it's worth playing on console than not at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, sorry for not specifying. I'll be playing it on the Xbox.
    "We all make choices, but in the end our choices make us." - Andrew Ryan

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tethrys View Post
    Yeah, sorry for not specifying. I'll be playing it on the Xbox.
    Then I would get it, the story is pretty enjoyable and I'm saying that as someone who normally can't get into games involving future tech. The entire campaign is also co-op, so if you have friends also interested in the game it's a ton of fun. Being "Future", it's a little bit easier then some of the earlier titles from TC.

If you have ever played any of the recent third person R6 titles (Vegas) and enjoyed them, you'll enjoy this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hated the game. Its just a Socom/Gears game with long ass loading times for no damm reason. The multiplayer sucks, for a "tactical game" there's a hybrid of people playing it like its Halo and running around and other people playing like its Operation Flashpoint and do nothing but camp. The game literally has no identity, it wants to be fast paced and then tactical at the same time. Just a fail design. Also if you have no friends, guerilla mode is a waste of time. There's nothing this game really offers and it feels like a $20 arcade game once you beat the campaign.

Oh yeah the Campaign is terrible. Just follow the NPC's and sneak kill everything. Stealth isn't hard considering the whole "invisible" technology ruined the thrill of actually sneaking up on enemies and killing them. You could literally be 2 feet from someone and they won't see you. You even have time to get away if someone is about to detect you. Literally no challenge at all. Oh yeah you can only order squadmates to kill targets. Its not like the other games where you are the squad leader and order where your squad mates go. You might like this change, its based on what style you like. The rest of the game that isn't stealth is just similar to gears of war... Cover and shoot... cover and shoot... cover and shoot. The game even has health regeneration, so it pretty much is gears of war.

The only thing I liked about it were the guns. They did a good job on making the guns as realistic as possible. But that's about it.

I'm speaking in behalf of the Xbox version too. I'm not sure how the PC version is, but I'm sure its about the same. These are from my experiences only, yours may differ.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I hated the game. Its just a Socom/Gears game with long ass loading times for no damm reason. The multiplayer sucks, for a "tactical game" there's a hybrid of people playing it like its Halo and running around and other people playing like its Operation Flashpoint and do nothing but camp. The game literally has no identity, it wants to be fast paced and then tactical at the same time. Just a fail design. Also if you have no friends, guerilla mode is a waste of time. There's nothing this game really offers and it feels like a $20 arcade game once you beat the campaign.

Oh yeah the Campaign is terrible. Just follow the NPC's and sneak kill everything. Stealth isn't hard considering the whole "invisible" technology ruined the thrill of actually sneaking up on enemies and killing them. You could literally be 2 feet from someone and they won't see you. You even have time to get away if someone is about to detect you. Literally no challenge at all. Oh yeah you can only order squadmates to kill targets. Its not like the other games where you are the squad leader and order where your squad mates go. You might like this change, its based on what style you like.

The only thing I liked about it were the guns. They did a good job on making the guns as realistic as possible. But that's about it.

I'm speaking in behalf of the Xbox version too. I'm not sure how the PC version is, but I'm sure its about the same. These are from my experiences only, yours may differ.
    This is a pretty good opinion. I can't comment on MP, cause I haven't and wont play MP. I also get your point about the campaign and yet found it enjoyable, though easy. Maybe the person I'm playing with, who I've played with since R6 back in the 90's, had a reason for why I found it enjoyable. It is one of the more easier, if not easiest, games in the series.