Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I forget... do expansion packs come with some free play time included?

^What the title says

I think I'd be more inclined to return for MoP if I only have to buy the $40 expansion instead of that plus a $30 sub card.

It's just I came back with the 7 days free blizz emailed out and I'm not liking the majority of changes and after playing SWTOR for several months while WoW sat at a stagnant 4.3 for nearly 9 months... I also now found WoWs graphics to be insultingly bad. So it's insult+Injury over on WoW. Don't think I want to come back but would be more easily convinced if I at least don't have to pay the sub for it to try it out.

With all the bad I can try to remember that there will be a new continent, a new level cap, a new class, 2 new bgs, and several new raids, but it's hard to take that idea in when the free 7 days back is just 5.04.

So basically I'm on the fence about returning, yes it's ironic because of my username but I'm on the fence. If MoP comes with some free subscription time... I might lean more to the WoW side of the fence though. So does it? I don't remember if past expansions did and have not read that this one does or anything

LOL, no.

Nobody gives you free time, especially Blizzard when you can do everything MoP has to offer in the 30 free days and quit.
    Last edited by ScottsdaleHokie; 2012-09-09 at 03:12 AM.

Pretty sure you only get free time with vanilla

Deleted
    If you don't want to play WoW again than simply don't. You clearly don't want give out money for WoW...your one of those people that will blame Blizz for "stealing" your precious money later because you didn't have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    LOL, no.

/10chars
    Well then based on what I saw logging in for 1 day of the 7 free of 5.04, I think they can pretty much take MoP and shove it. I'm going to stay in a galaxy far.... far away....

Nobody gives you free time, especially Blizzard when you can do everything MoP has to offer in the 30 free days and quit.
    That was my whole point of asking >:O MUAHAHAHAHAH!!!! If they did give free month sub I would have just rushed a Monk to 90 and gotten it through all the new dungeons and raids before it was up, then take my leave again untill 5.2 hah!

You clearly don't want give out money for WoW...your one of those people that will blame Blizz for "stealing" your precious money later because you didn't have fun.
    Well you know I wouldn't say that, if I paid for it I paid for it. That's why I'm just not going to pay for it in the 1st place then. Also I'm sure I would have fun in MoP, just assumedly less fun than I'm having in SWTOR
    Last edited by WaitingforMoP; 2012-09-09 at 03:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingforMoP View Post
    Well then based on what I saw logging in for 1 day of the 7 free of 5.04, I think they can pretty much take MoP and shove it. I'm going to stay in a galaxy far.... far away....

Well you know I wouldn't say that, if I paid for it I paid for it. That's why I'm just not going to pay for it in the 1st place then. Also I'm sure I would have fun in MoP, just assumedly less fun than I'm having in SWTOR
    Can't say I blame you. Tried MoP beta for a couple hours and 5.04 for about 15 minutes. The game is a joke anymore. Pathetically boring and shallow.

Deleted
    Just to clarify things, you came back from SW:ToR and thought WoW's graphic was bad? Ooooookay...
    (not bashing here, SW:ToR looks nice, but "good graphics" are different)

Also, no freebies here. Better look for another f2p game

No free time included.

Can't say I blame you. Tried MoP beta for a couple hours and 5.04 for about 15 minutes. The game is a joke anymore. Pathetically boring and shallow.
    How is it any different to any other MMO? Honestly? Unless you think that all the other MMO's are 'Pathetically boring and shallow' too.

Just to clarify things, you came back from SW:ToR and thought WoW's graphic was bad? Ooooookay...
    (not bashing here, SW:ToR looks nice, but "good graphics" are different)
    I know right? People come in here running WoW on low settings and say it looks bad. WoW on Ultra frankly looks fantastic for MMO graphics.

It's just I came back with the 7 days free blizz emailed out and I'm not liking the majority of changes and after playing SWTOR for several months while WoW sat at a stagnant 4.3 for nearly 9 months... I also now found WoWs graphics to be insultingly bad. So it's insult+Injury over on WoW. Don't think I want to come back but would be more easily convinced if I at least don't have to pay the sub for it to try it out.
    Sounds like you still dislike the game. They're not changing much in MOP, really just more of the same. Don't buy it.

Also, that free week is all you get.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I don't know, I'm still on the fence like I said

Today in SWTOR I tried starting a Gunslinger (It's possibly the lousiest class I've ever played in any game) (Only level 11, but still, I can already tell the whole cover concept is a pain in the ass)

Anyway when I think about it all I really have to do in SWTOR at the moment is level alts and see the different stories,my level 50's are about as geared as I care to get them. (Rakata/Battlemaster) (War Hero/Campaign seems too extremely tedious to earn and in most cases the gear actually looks stupid on those tiers)

WoW on Ultra frankly looks fantastic for MMO graphics.
    But still looks like a cartoon, and now it's all panda themed

On another note, a few things I do miss about WoW in SWTOR are :
    Flying Mounts
    The ability to cross server queue and play to the fullest extent at any ridiculous wee hour of the night/morning

On the other hand alot of MoPs changes seem extreme, and negative to me. Almost all of my classes bars were totally screwed up by the changes. I really don't like only getting like 6 talents total. I don't care if it's not a "fun" talent to upgrade your stats in small increments for some talents, I still thought that was fun and felt meaningful. Some changes so extreme as even that my Warlock only has 1 DoT now? The heck? I got strangely destroyed in PVP (Despite full gear) on my Hunter and Rogue (That is in fact unusual for me) so I question the PVP changes, among other things

IDK! I guess I'm rambling, I'm going back and forth on the proverbial fence... don't know which side to go to! Worst case I could buy MoP play it for the 2 months the sub card buys and by then SWTOR's F2P if MoP sucks? I guess.... maybe I'll do it then... IDK!

Source?
    /10char
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    ^What the title says

I think I'd be more inclined to return for MoP if I only have to buy the $40 expansion instead of that plus a $30 sub card.

With all the bad I can try to remember that there will be a new continent, a new level cap, a new class, 2 new bgs, and several new raids, but it's hard to take that idea in when the free 7 days back is just 5.04.

So basically I'm on the fence about returning, yes it's ironic because of my username but I'm on the fence. If MoP comes with some free subscription time... I might lean more to the WoW side of the fence though. So does it? I don't remember if past expansions did and have not read that this one does or anything
    Nope, everything but the first 30 days, which are standard in the industry and I'm sure they'd tax that too if they could.

Game is p2p
    Expansions are p2p
    Gametime is p2p.
    Various services are p2p.

It's ridiculous really, probably the most overcharged MMO in the field.

They COULD have made expansions free, game free, only gametime subscription. Or some other combo. But no... they like their $$$ and deliver poorly for its value.

WoW on Ultra frankly looks fantastic for MMO graphics.
    It looks like shit, same shit as it was 8 years ago, but with newer effects.
    Look at Age of Conan/EVE/Dust 514, hell, even SW:TOR/Everquest 2/Lineage whateverthefuck/and so on.
    Last edited by Vargur; 2012-09-09 at 08:49 AM.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    Nope, everything but the first 30 days, which are standard in the industry and I'm sure they'd tax that too if they could.

Game is p2p
    Expansions are p2p
    Gametime is p2p.

Blizzard = Business. The purpose of said business is to make money..
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

10+ Year Old Account
    again blizzard give away free stuff for people who quit the game and the loyal ones get nothing

Game is p2p
    Expansions are p2p
    Gametime is p2p.

They COULD have made expansions free, game free, only gametime subscription. Or some other combo. But no... they like their $$$ and deliver poorly for its value.
    The game and expansion costs cover the cost for making the game and expansion. (And quite frankly, they just gave everyhing away for like $10, so, yea QQ more)
    Game time goes to content patches and server maitenance.
    Services are SERVICES. Not charities. "I already bought a car, how come I have to pay to get it's paint changed too?"

GW2 is p2w and charges you to make additional characters at the cost of not having a sub fee.

Deleted
    Look at Age of Conan/EVE/Dust 514, hell, even SW:TOR/Everquest 2/Lineage whateverthefuck/and so on.
    If there is any game that had dated graphics at release it was SWTOR.

OT: No, only the original game gives you free 30 days of game time.
    Last edited by mmoc9bca5565b2; 2012-09-09 at 08:56 AM.

Then why are you still here? Go play swtor or gw2 or whatever the current "wow-killer" is.

Game is p2p
    Expansions are p2p
    Gametime is p2p.

Nah, that's par for the course. If anything, Blizz is giving out more freebies than the "better looking" ones you mentioned.
    Most of the major patches, many of the other teams would release as an Expansion.

Also, realism != better graphics. WoW looks cartoonish on purpose, and in my opinion, is better off with it because realistic graphics always look dated quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Nah, that's par for the course. If anything, Blizz is giving out more freebies than the "better looking" ones you mentioned.
    Most of the major patches, many of the other teams would release as an Expansion.

Also, realism != better graphics. WoW looks cartoonish on purpose, and in my opinion, is better off with it because realistic graphics always look dated quickly.
    thats a new definition of the word "freebies". just pay your $15 a month subscription fee and get "freebies" patches. hilarious.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.