Deleted

The new razer naga question

K so they moved m4 and m5 to the middle of the mouse just about the wheel, my question is HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO USE THEM NOW?!!?!! since my hand is covering the buttons am i supposed to press my palm down on it, or am i supposed to lift my hand to press it?

Old one

New one
    Last edited by mmoce9a77ae127; 2012-08-07 at 04:37 PM.

Deleted
    What version is this?

I replaced my naga a week ago and it looks exactly the same as my old one

Quote Originally Posted by Venedia View Post
    K so they moved m4 and m5 to the middle of the mouse just about the wheel, my question is HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO USE THEM NOW?!!?!! since my hand is covering the buttons am i supposed to press my palm down on it, or am i supposed to lift my hand to press it?
    Well... unless you have a seriously misshapen hand, that's not where your palm rests. Your palm, upto the start of your fingers should reach the top of the Naga logo, or just barely past it. Your middle finger should naturally be able to switch between using those buttons and the mouse wheel; the mouse wheel is located almost at the very front of the mouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Well... unless you have a seriously misshapen hand, that's not where your palm rests. Your palm, upto the start of your fingers should reach the top of the Naga logo, or just barely past it. Your middle finger should naturally be able to switch between using those buttons and the mouse wheel; the mouse wheel is located almost at the very front of the mouse.
    still way more effort than how it used to be, it's a dumb change, does anyone except razer actually think it was a good idea?

I personally felt like the worst thing about the original design was that M4 and M5 were placed on the front left side. I use that mouse for 3 years now and it still feels awkward, I don't even use M4 and M5 in most games because of that. I could imagine however that having them near the wheel might be the better solution, using them just like the wheel itself.

i use the same finger as the left mouse button. move it back. it aint hard.

Its the Razer naga epic btw. The wireless one.

my m4 button has actualy started to give in. Not even a year old. Soon getting the logitech mouse and then im never going razer again

I hated their old position, but the new position doesn't strike me as much of an improvement. I'd probably prefer one narrow button (like they are now) on either side of the wheel itself rather than piled one in front of the other, though I'm not sure how well that'd work out as the front of the mouse is so darn narrow.

Quote Originally Posted by jonte912 View Post
    still way more effort than how it used to be, it's a dumb change, does anyone except razer actually think it was a good idea?
    The M4 and M5 buttons were not in a place where most people could easily reach them originally. The central positioning is an improvement, but it's fairly irrelevant given the number of alternative buttons that are available to use.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    if anyone is going to complain about mouses that would be me . there is no mouse for left handed ppl like me

10+ Year Old Account
    What people will complain about : P Atleast it's not situated underneath.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    i could actaully reach the old ones without any issues but this shit, i cant reach without actaully letting go of my M2 with looses me control of my character

Quote Originally Posted by jn2002dk View Post
    What version is this?

I replaced my naga a week ago and it looks exactly the same as my old one
    The green one is labeled as the Razer Naga 2012 edition , atleast over here. and as far as i can tell the only difference are those 2 buttons + the color.

it hasn't been out that long so alot of stores probably still have the blue in stock.

Ontopic : i got the first version and don't tend to use M4 and M5 alot, it still requires '' tilling '' your index finger to the left. Though i do agree the new place is /facepalm.

I like them on the left side where they are on the old one. I agree that this is a stupid change.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    The green one is labeled as the Razer Naga 2012 edition , atleast over here. and as far as i can tell the only difference are those 2 buttons + the color.

it hasn't been out that long so alot of stores probably still have the blue in stock.

Ontopic : i got the first version and don't tend to use M4 and M5 alot, it still requires '' tilling '' your index finger to the left. Though i do agree the new place is /facepalm.
    Oh ok, thank you

Was just wondering since i haven't seen that one yet

The new one is the Razer Naga Epic, as I think has been said. I owned the Naga for about 2 years before it crapped out on me (broke my left mouse button XD) and got the Naga Epic to replace it. The moved M4 and M5 buttons please me a lot, mostly because my left clicks are generally made on the side of the mouse, and have not been able to do that for the past two years due to the older placement. They are just as easy to hit for me as if i was scrolling with the mouse wheel.

The Naga Epic being wireless is a nice touch for when I am feeling lazy and do not want to sit up right, but i generally keep it wired. You can customize the color of the mouse aswell through the Razer drivers or whatever. The side of the Naga Epic is also interchangeable to accommodate different palm sizes. There are three different sides to it, and they are all very comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Arian-KH View Post
    if anyone is going to complain about mouses that would be me . there is no mouse for left handed ppl like me
    Don't be stupid

Deathadder - Left handed edition
    http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-mice...-hand-edition/

Announcment for Naga left handed edition
    http://www.razerzone.com/press/detai...ft-handed-naga

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love this change, I've never really used my m4 or m5 buttons on my naga because they were too difficult for me to click, I'm really considering getting this since my current nagas m3 button no longer works and I currently own one working mouse for my two desktop computers.