(PvE Frost) Question about weapons..

Im sure there is a list somewhere or something but i couldn't find it.

My luck with loot is absolutely horrible and i haven't been able to get the heroic morchok axe, or souldrinker to drop in like almost 2 months.

But what i have collected is 2 No'Kaleds (403). I read somewhere that the 416 version is actually bis or something but wanted to know about the 403 one.

Yay or nay?

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends on what you're against in terms of weapons. No'Kaled is BiS against anything of the same tier, such as normal hand or normal souldrinker, but not against heroic of the same tier. That would go for the 416's, as they'd be BiS against any weapon right now available to DW frost, which would include heroic tier.

Normal No'Kaled > normal souldrinker > normal Hand
    heroic souldrinker > heroic hand > normal No'kaled

Or somesuch

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    It depends on what you're against in terms of weapons. No'Kaled is BiS against anything of the same tier, such as normal hand or normal souldrinker, but not against heroic of the same tier. That would go for the 416's, as they'd be BiS against any weapon right now available to DW frost, which would include heroic tier.

Normal No'Kaled > normal souldrinker > normal Hand
    heroic souldrinker > heroic hand > normal No'kaled

Or somesuch
    Ah i see, thanks a lot for the help.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure if it's the same for hastefrost, though. I know masterfrost benefits more from No'Kaled, with the frost proc (if frost) and mastery

As an additional to this, if I may:

I've just come back to my DK after a long break (went to Hunter-land and, while fun, really miss my little DK) so I'm trying out Frost. My gear sucks (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...blade/advanced) and as you can see I'm 2H atm.

Am I reading this thread right that using No'Kaled is actually viable for DW Frost, even though it's an +Agi weapon? And is it worth going DW or should I stay 2H for Mists when I'm returning to this as my main?

Thanks in advance.
    I remember when, I remember I remember when I lost my mind,
    There was something so perfect about that place...

What you'll do in Mists has no relation to what you'd do in raids right now.

No'Kaled is good for Frost because the proc outweighs the lack of Strength, and one of the procs scales with Frost's Mastery.

Pretty sure last I heard No'Kaled and Souldrinker were on par with each other for hastefrost, with No'Kaled simming a few hundred DPS higher on Patchwerk fights. This would indicate to me that any cleave damage from HB would push Souldrinkers (with the higher Strength) above No'Kaled, but I haven't played Frost since 4.2 so take my speculation as just that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wih View Post
    What you'll do in Mists has no relation to what you'd do in raids right now.
    No, I completely understand that, it was a separate question. Perhaps I should have made that clear, apologies.
    I remember when, I remember I remember when I lost my mind,
    There was something so perfect about that place...