Question [questions]Unholy DK-Adaptation from Cata to MoP

Good day everyone.
    I was really struggling to create a new topic, however I haven't found any appropriate topic to fill my questions in(and it certainly won't be SimCraft topic, my deep respect and bit shout to everyone theorycrafting there so far).
    After my questions will be answered, I will put here all your feedback, changing that message into FAQ.
    The situation is: I finally found some time to spend on PTR. When I tested BDK with 1sec GCD, I was quite impressed and everything was clear for me. Same with both Frost Specs-nothing special, nothing to do here. But when I started to test Unholy, lots of things confused me.
    1. Ghoul damage and health flew down, compare to Cata. My pet is only 78k HP, while on live in heroic gear it's something near 112k. I haven't found any glyph, passive talent Masterof Ghouls gives nothing about stat scaling, is that working as intended? I'm really upset of my ghoul hitting in Truck form(transformated) hitting for 9k.
    The situation changes on lvl90 latest gear? New scaling of the strength, it was merged?
    2.DnD is no longer does significant damage for the single target, and our mastery makes no more sense IMO. Are we using DnD on 3-4+ targets?
    3.Blood Tap may be tested after the next build released. RC now works more than 2 seconds after proc, is it stacks now? In my procs it may be stacked to 3 times(6 seconds). Is it correct? After surfing some topics here I found out, that haste no longer affects RC. Does that mean now we really need a ~hasteCap~ for pet regen and Gargoyle casts?
    4. I glyphed Corpse Explosion and so far, testing it ON THE PIGS IN DUROTAR, it was dealing 0 AoE damage. How should it work?
    5. According to the latest addings, we are taking Rolling Blood talent to throw Pestilence from our panels?
    6.Death Siphon on lv90 and 5ppl ilvl is worth to be an alternative for Death Coil if we're out of RP and far away from boss? Or it's pure PVP talent and because of the low mastery, it's useless?
    7. Any Tier6(lv90)talents are dealing damage so far?
    8.According to the passive ability which buffs Unholy Stance Blizz finally went back to WotLK, where you're using the Stance you're currently spec-ed?
    9.Are there any changes in our rotations so far? By rotations I mean Single Target and AoE. Let's forget about the new ability so far, before 35% everything stays the same excluding DnD?
    10. Where can I get or check any add-ons working on Beta? Interesting in PowA|TMW alternatives and UI(SUF,Bartender) varieties.
    Thank you very much. I hope I will get a lots of the answers by myself tomorrow, but for now I'm going to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Minoan View Post
    1. Ghoul damage and health flew down, compare to Cata. My pet is only 78k HP, while on live in heroic gear it's something near 112k. I haven't found any glyph, passive talent Masterof Ghouls gives nothing about stat scaling, is that working as intended? I'm really upset of my ghoul hitting in Truck form(transformated) hitting for 9k.
    The situation changes on lvl90 latest gear? New scaling of the strength, it was merged?
    Yeah Ghoul health has flown down, might be a general issue with pets scaling right now or might not. Have to just wait and see if they re-decide things.
    Ghoul damage has changed slightly, there's no more Glyph boosting strength scaling, but dark transformation now increases damage by 100% up from 60% to sorta balance it out.

2.DnD is no longer does significant damage for the single target, and our mastery makes no more sense IMO. Are we using DnD on 3-4+ targets?
    Death and decay being best for single target was always a silly mistake. Our mastery affects loads more than just Death and Decay, it boosts Deathcoils, Scourge Strikes, Blood Plague and most importantly maybe Soul Reaper.
    Yes we still use an aoe spell to do aoe.

3.Blood Tap may be tested after the next build released. RC now works more than 2 seconds after proc, is it stacks now? In my procs it may be stacked to 3 times(6 seconds). Is it correct? After surfing some topics here I found out, that haste no longer affects RC. Does that mean now we really need a ~hasteCap~ for pet regen and Gargoyle casts?
    Runic Corruption has stacked its duration per proc since 4.0.6. RC stacks infinitely if you get the procs. The RC haste change doesn't mean we'll have any haste caps or anything. Its just changed so its balanced with BT and RE generating a static amount of runes per proc and doesn't give more runes the more haste you have.
    I don't think any math on ghoul energy regen has been done, besides more is better. Gary the Gargolye is currently bugged and only casts more nukes if you gain more spell haste buffs not gear haste, so can't answer that one.

4. I glyphed Corpse Explosion and so far, testing it ON THE PIGS IN DUROTAR, it was dealing 0 AoE damage. How should it work?
    Unfortunately the new Glyph of Corpse Explosion is a minor glyph and therefore just cosmetic. Its just a "look at what i can do" ability.

5. According to the latest addings, we are taking Rolling Blood talent to throw Pestilence from our panels?
    Yes if you choose Rolling Blood over the other options Pestilence is indeed useless. Unholy Blight is a good aoe dot spell too and Plague Leach can be a single target dps increase.

6.Death Siphon on lv90 and 5ppl ilvl is worth to be an alternative for Death Coil if we're out of RP and far away from boss? Or it's pure PVP talent and because of the low mastery, it's useless?
    Death Siphon costs a Death Rune so its not really a Death Coil alternative. Its also not really a dps ability, only use it if you need healing pretty much and again as mentioned above there's nothing wrong with Unholy mastery, its not gonna be the best stat but its not a bad one.

7. Any Tier6(lv90)talents are dealing damage so far?
    No

8.According to the passive ability which buffs Unholy Stance Blizz finally went back to WotLK, where you're using the Stance you're currently spec-ed?
    Yes Frost will use Frost Presence and Unholy will use Unholy Presence.

9.Are there any changes in our rotations so far? By rotations I mean Single Target and AoE. Let's forget about the new ability so far, before 35% everything stays the same excluding DnD?
    AoE is much much smoother. Any Death Runes spent on a Pestilence or Blood Boil will regenerate and stay as Death Runes. This means once you've got Death Runes you can continually spam Blood Boil, which hits like a truck.

10. Where can I get or check any add-ons working on Beta? Interesting in PowA|TMW alternatives and UI(SUF,Bartender) varieties.
    Try Curse or Wow Interface.

It worth to mantion Army of the dead finally get scaled. AoE i must say is VERY smooth compares to what it its now which is welcome change.
    About single target rotation, above35% keep your regular priority. You can drop your DnD but you might wanna build DT as fast as you can.
    post 35% HP, cast Soul Reaper on 6sec CD. It scales with mastery and hits like a truck in addition it really solid for AoEing when you have less than 3 targets and you can basically nuke one target and kill it with Soul Reaper to get extra 50% haste thrn switch to other target more smoothley. It uses Blood Rune so timing Festering Strike is important(not like nowdays that you basically cast it when you have frost and blood), Skipping SR is HUGE DPS lose.

Thank you very much for your feedback! I really appreciate that. (:
    Soul Reaper looks so amazingly balanced for neither PVP and PVE

Quote Originally Posted by JackTheLad View Post
    It uses Blood Rune so timing Festering Strike is important(not like nowdays that you basically cast it when you have frost and blood), Skipping SR is HUGE DPS lose.
    Each of the three specs have a different version of Soul Reaper. Unholy's Soul Reaper uses an Unholy rune.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    Each of the three specs have a different version of Soul Reaper. Unholy's Soul Reaper uses an Unholy rune.
    Thanks for noticing me didn't know, wonder if Blizzard will change the killing properties of it for each class(50% haste for frost and 50%(of the base mastery lets say for UH and Blood would be nice Imo :X)
    Last edited by Jackkernaut; 2012-08-09 at 09:58 PM.