counter strike global offensive gets release date (aug 21st)

you can preorder for 13.49 on steam right now

bunch of d......s, releasing a new cs game right before gw2 come out

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    bunch of d......s, releasing a new cs game right before gw2 come out
    I know right i was thinking the same stuff haha...

On a fun, friend-playing/pubbing online playing level, the game is pretty fun. It's gonna expand the non-competitive CS community a little bit.

However, on a competitive level, the game is garbage- skillcap will be reached within 3 years. I can almost guarantee that.

I just hope they keep fine-tuning it like they did source when it first released; there's so many issues with the game that they need to tweak. The worst part about it: They haven't commented on these few changes that people have made; it can be a good or a bad thing. The only reason the competitive leagues/community find that as a bad thing: Almost every change they made in the beta that the community has talked about, they spoke on it / changed it within 2 weeks (at most). It's been a little over a month for most issues that we've been complaining about- at least- and still no comment/change. :\

cs promod > go

Deleted
    what is this game exactly- is it just a little better version of the original CS:S

Quote Originally Posted by NoNameMe View Post
    what is this game exactly- is it just a little better version of the original CS:S
    it's what cs:s should have been. cs:source in comparison was like cs:go's long-term beta. They added a few guns, tweaked a few maps for competitive play, made a wide spread of changes (source film maker, fixing the TIC rate of the source engine for cs:go, sourceSDK updated I believe), and added features that both made css and cs1.6 their own unique game (like cs 1.6's recoil patterns and such.)

For the most part, compared to source, cs:go is much better. However, it's still a complete shit game.

they needed to get rid of the source engine and make a new one, but due to their interest in tf2 and source film maker, it wasn't going to happen.

Gabe near guaranteed hl3 was going to be on a brand new engine- and that's when he hinted at a "counter-strike 2"

cs:go feels like the same old cs I was playing 6 years ago. its crappy

Quote Originally Posted by luckybeer View Post
    cs:go feels like the same old cs I was playing 6 years ago. its crappy
    I'm happy aslong as it doesn't have the extremely bad hitbox and delayed bullet registration that cs:s has.

---------- Post added 2012-08-07 at 09:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lastwolf82 View Post
    you can preorder for 13.49 on steam right now
    If you pre order you can play on the 14th it seems (beta atleast)

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    I'm happy aslong as it doesn't have the extremely bad hitbox and delayed bullet registration that cs:s has.
    the same interp (What you claim to be hitbox) and delayed bullet registration that you're claiming cs:s has?

still exists in cs:go

like i said, it won't even last longer than 3 years. Maybe one year after that. everyone will reach the skill cap within 3 years at max, then the game will die a year after that on a competitive standpoint just like source did.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm suprised its so cheap and I'm gonna be happy playing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

Quote Originally Posted by ruuBEN View Post
    the same interp (What you claim to be hitbox) and delayed bullet registration that you're claiming cs:s has?

still exists in cs:go

like i said, it won't even last longer than 3 years. Maybe one year after that. everyone will reach the skill cap within 3 years at max, then the game will die a year after that on a competitive standpoint just like source did.
    That blows, it's the reason why cs:s was so bad, those who play it only play it because it has better graphics, cs 1.6 still got more active players then source (atleast according to steam statistics at http://store.steampowered.com/stats/.)

ps! I've played cs 1.6 for very long time aswell in response to your sig
    Last edited by Speedlance; 2012-08-07 at 10:01 PM.

Actually jumped into the beta again last night for the first time in a month. They still haven't fixed the huge issues it has. Hit registery issues, hit detection delay issues, gun recoil/bullet pattern issues, FLASHBANGS THAT LAST FOR A YEAR AND A HALF, and some other assorted issues.

The level redesigns are great (especially since they got rid of all that nonsense clutter that they used in CS:S to show off the physics engine) and they've done a good job of updating the visuals and making it more accessible to broader market. But for competitive play, this isn't in any shape that's remotely close to be considered something serious. Quite frustrated because of it and going to hold off on purchasing it until the fix the big problems with the game (if they ever do).

it's what cs:s should have been. cs:source in comparison was like cs:go's long-term beta. They added a few guns, tweaked a few maps for competitive play, made a wide spread of changes (source film maker, fixing the TIC rate of the source engine for cs:go, sourceSDK updated I believe), and added features that both made css and cs1.6 their own unique game (like cs 1.6's recoil patterns and such.)

For the most part, compared to source, cs:go is much better. However, it's still a complete shit game.

they needed to get rid of the source engine and make a new one, but due to their interest in tf2 and source film maker, it wasn't going to happen.

Gabe near guaranteed hl3 was going to be on a brand new engine- and that's when he hinted at a "counter-strike 2"
    I made a thread where evidence of them making a new engine has come out.

lol those flashbangs are still an issue? ugggh

I'm still sadly going to sink my money into this game, being so cheap on steam.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Actually jumped into the beta again last night for the first time in a month. They still haven't fixed the huge issues it has. Hit registery issues, hit detection delay issues, gun recoil/bullet pattern issues, FLASHBANGS THAT LAST FOR A YEAR AND A HALF, and some other assorted issues.

The level redesigns are great (especially since they got rid of all that nonsense clutter that they used in CS:S to show off the physics engine) and they've done a good job of updating the visuals and making it more accessible to broader market. But for competitive play, this isn't in any shape that's remotely close to be considered something serious. Quite frustrated because of it and going to hold off on purchasing it until the fix the big problems with the game (if they ever do).
    the main thing I question is in bold

the recoil/bullet pattern issues are derived from 1.6, and the recoil in 1.6 is a huge reason why it's much more superior/skill based over css. it's a -good thing- that the recoil is that way, and it's also a good reason why the awp in csgo isn't always 100% accurate, more in the 95% accurate-of-where-you're-aiming. Simply put, give the right man an awp, and regardless of the situation where the awp would get destroyed, and he will reign supreme.

as for the flashbangs; that's needed, because they're only allowing us to hold one flash, two flashes in 1.6 can keep a man blind for not-that-long. it's literally just a small amount and the two flashes have to be crucial and you have to act fast. if you were to keep flashes how they are in source/1.6, the flashbang would be utterly useless.

I don't even agree with the 'if you turn around it's 100% useless', it actually lets certain, hero-status, complete retarded pub-master playstyle/moments work because of that. If terrorists are rushing ramp, of course you're throwing them into ramp and not the hallway.
    CT's get there before T's do.
    if you charge into the hallway while they're throwing nades/not having guns out, you're only 1% blind, which is just a joke. :\

Looks far from perfect but an improvement over CS:S. For 15 dollars I'll be getting back into CS some again, I think. Regardless of the issues it may have it's still a skill-based shooter unlike just about every other modern FPS out there atm.

the recoil/bullet pattern issues are derived from 1.6, and the recoil in 1.6 is a huge reason why it's much more superior/skill based over css. it's a -good thing- that the recoil is that way, and it's also a good reason why the awp in csgo isn't always 100% accurate, more in the 95% accurate-of-where-you're-aiming. Simply put, give the right man an awp, and regardless of the situation where the awp would get destroyed, and he will reign supreme.
    Recoil and bullet patterns are WAY more like CS:S than 1.6. The skill floor has been raised and the ceiling has been lowered. I HATED how it functioned in CS:S and this just reminds me WAY too much of it. And since you mention the AWP...they need to burn for what they did to the scope and movement. Burn in bad places.

as for the flashbangs; that's needed, because they're only allowing us to hold one flash, two flashes in 1.6 can keep a man blind for not-that-long. it's literally just a small amount and the two flashes have to be crucial and you have to act fast. if you were to keep flashes how they are in source/1.6, the flashbang would be utterly useless.
    7 second flashes when you eat one, and 2-3 second flashes when you're completely looking away is insane. Flashbangs at 2-3 seconds were damn strong regardless. You could use it to bait someone to turn and pop them before it blew, or use it to get positioning on them (and maybe a kill) while they were blind or turning back around. It's really just obscene and I don't see how they can let something like that go live and expect it to not completely break competitive play.

That, and yay for pub team flashes all day every day. SO MUCH FUN TO SPEND 30 SECONDS UNABLE TO SEE/HEAR BECAUSE OF TEAM FLASHES (angrytime).

10+ Year Old Account
    Pre-order done