Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratyrel View Post
    If anything, if SoR doesn't work (i.e. instant level 80 monk), then I'd say the odds are that RaF won't work either, as it's basically the same thing, just with more effort involved. And you can apply the SoR level 80 bonus to a new character you make after you get resurrected.
    Its not the same thing, on SoR u get a FREE 80 char, just with the 10 FREE days, and u can have it and dont pay any penny to blizz ever, in RaF u have to PAY to give levels, so u guys forget that we are talking about Bli$$ard and of course they will allow this, as it was allowed to DK, wich had a RF and was enabled...

I'd forgotten that it worked for deathknights. Too long ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfire View Post
    Its not the same thing, on SoR u get a FREE 80 char, just with the 10 FREE days, and u can have it and dont pay any penny to blizz ever, in RaF u have to PAY to give levels, so u guys forget that we are talking about Bli$$ard and of course they will allow this, as it was allowed to DK, wich had a RF and was enabled...
    It was applicable to dks, but RaF only went to level 60 then. So you got a whopping half a level of exp bonus out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MortnMX View Post
    Hi, i think i have a little stupid question. But i´ll ask it anyway.

Are these beta build changes the changes to the build before or to the life version on the servers? If the first is right, is there anywhere an overview over the actuall changes from live to beta or MoP (so far)

Greetz MortnMX
    The first is correct. There isn't any patch notes provided in the beta because it's really just one really huge patch. I suppose you could take the data-mined info here on MMO-C and compare it to what you know is current on live, but I think you'll find rather tedious considering just how many changes can happen in the beta (albeit there's not as many now as there were when the beta first began). There will be a patch note provided once the beta ends, though, so look forward to seeing the list sometime around mid-September.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Deleted
    Anyone else noticed that the source of the Monk and SoR thing is 404 now? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Invictus9001 View Post
    IMO, I am disappointed with the mounts changes. To be brutally honest, the only mounts that should NOT be account wide are the PVP-mounts (RBG and Arena mounts) and the class mounts. They said that was their intent in a previous blue post - and without another blue post to state that there's been a change in stance I'd like to hope the change (in this build for the mounts mentioned) is a temporary thing, and will be reverted before going live.

Also in my 2 cents, the thing that disappoints me most is that I was, at one time, in a level 17 guild and helped get it to 25. I got the mount with the character that was in that guild; but, not long afterward many things began to happen that caused myself and my wife to leave that guild. I helped get one guild to level 25 ... but this change effectively penalizes us (if it stays that way and goes live that way) in that our other characters will never see it until the day we manage to get our own small guild to level 25.. which might happen in 2 more expansions without just opening the floodgates to all sorts of.. unknowns. Sigh - FFS Blizzard.
    Oh I am in complete agreement with you, Invictus. I've got plenty of alts that I would just love have being able to ride the guild mounts without needing to sink gold into them. And I'm sorry to hear about you finding it necessary to leave a guild that you invested so much in.

Quote Originally Posted by Merk View Post
    Either Resto Shammies are underpowered, or Resto Monks/Pallies are very very strong because everytime i did the LFR this past weekend Resto Shammies were at the bottom while Monks and Pallies were at the top. Spinning Crane Kick was kicking every other healz butt.

Sad to not see that addressed this Build
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...6453?page=5#89
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Every release of any WoW Expansion had something to do with hunter's Nerf but this time they've gone too far. Reducing main abilities by 30% and more is just crazy. I play my hunter for almost 3 years now and every time I've got excited about something, 2 weeks after they nerfed us. Might as well play another class or not play at all because I feel like we are worthless now. Making us balanced and all other BS people are saying is just some nerdish word to me because it is just a way to convince people that these changes are not too bad and it's just for the good of the game.

I would suggest just give us a bow and auto-shot. That might calm all the pvp kids and make them stop crying.

Ouch. That's a massive hunter nerf >.<

Loving how every patch has a ton of changes, but never any rogue. Fun times.

Start Craft II !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cupholder View Post
    Loving how every patch has a ton of changes, but never any rogue. Fun times.
    I dont understand, why you guys all want to nerf rogue?
    Hello SPELL STEAL NERF ?
    Spell steal gives wings and Working As Intended

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have been levelling a SV hunter these past few days, and the nerf hit approximately half way through 89-90. It went from obviously OP to painfully grindy. Going back to the (re-opened) opening zone, I was still taking a fair time to down the mobs even at lv90. The "signature" explosive shot now just feels like any other shot, even with the Arcane nerf.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zadoc View Post
    I have been levelling a SV hunter these past few days, and the nerf hit approximately half way through 89-90. It went from obviously OP to painfully grindy. Going back to the (re-opened) opening zone, I was still taking a fair time to down the mobs even at lv90. The "signature" explosive shot now just feels like any other shot, even with the Arcane nerf.
    Who knows just went and killed some level 90's and couple 90 elites on the packs multishot is still hitting for over 130k dps according to skada and I am a ok hunter and on the elites I am doing roughly about the same dps as I was before the patch hit and the elites go down fast. This and the fact I am using the free pvp gear at the moment might help explain it.

Deleted
    Wait, so what about guild rep pets? Are those account wide?

That was a big fat nerf on hunters. Way overdone. My level 85 on live is only pulling 5k under the level 90 on beta in the free pvp gear on a raid dummy. Huge single target damage nerf. Didn't have time to test aoe but the hunter nerf was pretty substantial.

i dont mind the scorpion mount since u can buy one for each alt no matter if they are neutral or exalted with guild but the phoenix mount you have to be exalted to get and it sucks to level guild rep so that sucks i bet ya that they will soon make the rare drop mounts not account wide either since they like going back on what they said originally

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ejpaints View Post
    That was a big fat nerf on hunters. Way overdone. My level 85 on live is only pulling 5k under the level 90 on beta in the free pvp gear on a raid dummy. Huge single target damage nerf. Didn't have time to test aoe but the hunter nerf was pretty substantial.
    If you read my post above yours you will see that multishot initial burst is hitting for 130k+ on level 90 packs of mobs and elites seemed to go down just as fast as before. But I am survival spec not MM or BM..

Well yes single target dps is meh atm and the elites very wildly in how fast they go down.
    Last edited by grexly75; 2012-08-10 at 04:30 AM.

Blizzard has forgotten their own rule - any bonus, that seems to be optional, always becames mandatory, cuz players always wants to maximize their performance. I.e. making some bonuses for dailies only = forcing us to do dailies. And how about players, who don't like dailies? When dailies was alternative to heroics, everybody has chosen the second ones. Why? Just because dailies are boring. And so forcing players to do, what they don't want to do - is a bad idea and Cataclysm have already shown that. Developers want to step on the same rake again?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only reason I could think they are going that direction is to slow the content consumption that everyone talks about, and getting to revered with these dailies does not take that long. They are trying something new this time and well it might or might not work and they may well end up putting rep back into dungeons.