Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

My view on the siege of Orgrimmar

My view on the siege of Orgrimmar.

Now some more lore tidbits are revealed on Mists of Pandaria I was thinking about the Siege of Orgrimmar raid and how we could all expect something totally different from it then we do currently. Because the Legion is returning, what are chances that they dó return while in the raid? I think the chances are big and have written my own version of the raid, it has a huge legion theme next to the garrosh theme.

The instance would have many bosses and be split in many smaller and different wings. On herioc there are around 17 bosses, 14 on normal and 10 per week on Raid Finder.

The siege of Orgrimmar

Wing one is the siege of Orgrimmar, you start out by killing thrash in front of the gear, destroying catapults and fighting with Grogar the Gatekeeper. Once all thrash has been killed and you have dealt some blows to Grogar something unexpected happens. The sky turns red and a huge Infernal falls from the sky, he kills Grogar and is the first boss.

Infernus <first of the legion>

This is battle-for-surivival fight, first you have to survive adds for three minutes when Infernus still stands still. After 3 minutes he becomes fightable, he does not have allot of health but adds are quickly spawning, he has to be killed in roughly 2 minutes with adds or you'll die. There is allot of AOE in this fight and he is a massive gear check.

Once he is dead you move on to the next boss, demons are invading Orgrimmar already, the gate infront has to be battered down by a siege engine, you have to defend it from the orc defenders. Once the gate falls a blood elf Warlock general stands after it. Who has been trying to enslave the demons.

Slaryisa <general of the defenders>

The fight starts with her controlling 3 demons, a dreadlord, a voidwalker and a felguard.

You first have to kill all these 3 demons, think of a council fight. Slaryisa does some moderate damage while you fight these 3 demons, whenever you kill a demon slaryisa gets more spells and does more damage. When they are all dead you can attack her.

Once she is dead the group that enters notices the valley of strength is very quiet. There is no one, garrosh is not there just some demon packs. Three wings open up from this point on raid finder one of the wings will be accesible each week, on normal 2 of the three wings and on herioc all of the three wings. All open wings have to be done to continue. All bosses share a loot table, the first bosses drop the same loot (just different names) and the second bosses do too (just different names).

Battlemasters fortress

Also known as the pvp hall, it has now been greatly expanded to house some of Garrosh's armies. Its stacked with horde units you have to kill your way through till you reach battlemaster gromgor.

Gromgor is a patchwerk like fight.

Then you go further, you have to move through all kinds of fire and red whelps. Garrosh has captured himself a red dragon, totally maddened by the betrayal. Baelestrasz is a fight that can't be tanked. He spawns two adds that do have to be tanked however & will fill parts of the room with fire. Most of the damage is avoidable here and you have to kill him quickly.

Valley of Spirits

The goblins seem to be absent from this valley now the legion has conquered it. The first boss is straigth away.

Troll Leaders

Think faction champions here, this are 7 (11 on herioc) bosses that are weekly randomized, customized after the classes that have been mindcontrolled by a succubus. New in this fight is a totem on herioc, after a boss has been unmindcontrolled they help you fight, but their spells will go into the totem. The boss that is closest to the totem will be healed to full and get all the skills the previous boss used.

Shiraz

After the troll leaders you fight against the succubus that are controlling them, Shiraz. On raidfinder 3 random trolls will help you, on normal and herioc you can pick the troll leaders that help you yourself. This boss uses banishing (you are banished from combat for 15 sec, then you get a buff for 5 min that increases damage done) until everyone has been banished. When no one can be banished anymore she explodes and kills everyone, so there is some kind of well you have to touch to get rid of the buff. She also mindcontrolls one person for 15 seconds each time, and you get another debuff you have to cleanse.

The three troll leaders will help you in the fight and do moderate dps or healing.

Valley of Wisdom

Contains another two bosses, first you have to kill some Grimtotem guards and you find out that the first boss is Magetha Grimtotem.

Magetha Grimtotem

This is some kind of totem fight first she has a barrier of 100% damage reduction and 10 totems, you can decide which totems you want to kill (on raid finder totems get decided by magetha) after a totem is dead she gets a new skill and loses 10% damage reduction. So its a choice between damage you take & damage you deal.

Faction Betrayer

Right after the death of Magetha Grimtotem its up to Faction Betrayer, your group was accompanied during the siege by fellow alliance and horde soldiers. One of them has lost all sense after the legion invaded. He now attacks you in the hopes he will survive this onslaugth.

Now all three wings have been done you can go to the next part of the instance. This is the the drag and the warship place. You go there first.

The siege continues

You get taken upon a warship by varian/vol'jin because a highranked horde soldier is fleeing.
    Warlord bor

The newest gunship battle.

When you have defeated him your ship gets hit by a infernal and you crash upon the drag. You'll see two pandaren fighting against each other, one is horde one is alliance. You have to kill the one not of your faction.

Ji Firepaw & Aysa Cloudsinger

Both are monk bosses which use monk like skills, you have to kill the boss not of your faction before he kills yours, which you can heal ofcourse.

The Beast from bellow (optional, not present on raidfinder)

In the cleft of shadows a faceless general has been captured by garrosh who has tried to turn him into a fire-elemental faceless and has succeeded. He uses both fire and shadow damage and has a shift bar, he constantly shifts from 250% shadow to 250% fire. There are two wards that have to be used to keep the damage low. He is a true loot pinata aswell, he has a chance to drop items from all the previously fought bosses.

Valley of Honor

This wing has been captured by the Legion the moment you enter it the titans decide to join the fray in the battle, they are not friendly however, they see you just as bad as the legion. Whenever you kill one they teleport away.

Deathseeker Detheroc

The name says its already, its the return of Detheroc, in forsaken disguise at start however, still using his original name. He mostly uses light magic during the encounter and will have some demon adds to help him. Once he is at 50% he sheds his disguise, his damage changes to shadow damage and he will mind controll players.

Once he is defeated he spawns the void of Azeroth where the raid gets sucked into. This is what Azeroth would be if Sargeras won the war.

Void of Azeroth

You fight Detheroc once again this time, aided by Varimathrass & Balthizar, they all have shared healths and shared spells. They try to fixate the same player constantly and parts of the room will be filled with all kinds of things you die from.

Once they are defeated they tell you Tichondrius will know of this.

Titanlord Logan

This boss is comparable with Loken, he is quite good though, but does not understand you. When he is defeated he teleports away and says I will report.

Belegon (herioc only/optional)

You see a titan gate hidden in a house. Belegon has appeared on Azeroth moments ago to continue what Algalon has started he has very quickly turned the place all titanish (because he is a titan he is very fast in this kind of shaping) he is like Algalon but is the more kind of Berserker type. Upon the end of the fight unlike algalon he does not turn good but gets destroyed by the raid, probably by accident, so this will give us some problems later on! A nice tidbit of this boss, gear is scaled, so this is a pure skill encounter, whenever you kill him you are granted with a special title & mount however.

Gallywix' destroyer XIV

This is the fight right before Garrosh Hellscream, right before the fight you see him flying away on a gunship. This is a mix between adds and siege weapons. Siege weapons that have to be defended attack his destroyer while goblin adds swarm around you and a tank has to kite the destroyer, who has some cone attacks that kill anyone that touches it (not present on raid finder)

Now varian/vol'jin tells you Garrosh has escaped to Pandaria and you quickly have to follow him. Why he has gone to Pandaria is still unknown.

Garrosh's defeat

You fly in the vale of eternal blossoms and see garrosh without shoulder padds fighting against Mannoroth. At start you decide to help Garrosh and fight Mannoroth from the air till he destroys your gunship and you all fall down. Your leader yells to him what has happened “My father is alive” Garrosh has used the powers of the waters to revive Grom Hellscream, but where is he? And by accident he has revived Mannoroth aswell. At the start of the fight you have to fight both Mannorth & Garrosh, when both reach 50% Grom Hellscream appears “GARROSH” he yells “What have you done my son?” he runs to his son, grabs his weapon and kicks Garrosh away from the scene. “I deal with you later, we first have to kill this beast” and the fight against Mannoroth continues.

When Mannoroth is defeated the fight ends. In the last cutscene you see Garrosh in fight with Grom, Garrosh ultimatly gets defeated by Grom who tells him that he must never show his face again to the horde and he tells the party he does not want to join the horde either. He is going to live somewhere alone.
    Last edited by mmoc91d120d86f; 2012-08-08 at 02:04 PM.

I think it's nice having a demon-based raid as the last one, like a prelude for the next xpac, but I'd hate to have Orgrimmar used as the main scenario for the raid, it would seem very recycled (like DS raid feels). Perhaps Org could be part 1 of the raid, leading to somewhere else, underground perhaps?

Imo the "big boss castle" method is still nice and exciting to have. DS model could be nice for a middlepatch raid, because honestly Firelands felt more imposing and epic than DS.

Deleted
    i really like your idea

Stood in the Fire Arthur-the-exalted's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dont mind this idea really, but I would rather not turn this raid into some legion battle, I like the idea of Alliance/horde war and this feels like its a decent conclusion to it all

Deleted
    I love your ideas. But you know what? That "only one wing/two wings open" model won't be happening except if people could continue without having done everything in ONE lockout. The idea for LFR was to make people see the content, removing that won't happen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yuareapirate View Post
    i really like your idea
    ..but i think there wont be so many bosses i a single raid

Quote Originally Posted by Yhvh View Post
    I think it's nice having a demon-based raid as the last one, like a prelude for the next xpac, but I'd hate to have Orgrimmar used as the main scenario for the raid, it would seem very recycled (like DS raid feels). Perhaps Org could be part 1 of the raid, leading to somewhere else, underground perhaps?

Imo the "big boss castle" method is still nice and exciting to have. DS model could be nice for a middlepatch raid, because honestly Firelands felt more imposing and epic than DS.
    I dunno. I feel many times I am the only one who really loved the pace and feel of DS. Sure it was the easiest normal tier this expansion but that is not what I am talking about. DW knows its now or never, and with the events of the HoTs It is made clear to us the desperation of the situation and how we must act now. DW is a madman that knows his time has run out and has thrown everything he had left at us all at once. The whole thing feels like a last ditch effort on his part of to finish what he started even though its not time to finish it. To me it felt imposing knowing if we failed Azeroth was fucked.

FL was meh to me. A vast large open area that you could see tons of trash and bosses all over. Reminded me a lot of Molten Snore. I loved the fights and thought it was on tough SOB but not imposing IMO. But thats me. I also hated ICC from start to finish and get flack for not wanting to tank mogging/achievement runs because of my hatred for it. I found the place and the fights pretty boring.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feio View Post
    I love your ideas. But you know what? That "only one wing/two wings open" model won't be happening except if people could continue without having done everything in ONE lockout. The idea for LFR was to make people see the content, removing that won't happen.
    The idea of the one/two lockout system would be comparable to halfus. Its preset which will be open each week and you can do these bosses. It would give normal/lfr slightly more of a fresh experience every time though, as you will only get the same raid each 3 weeks and for herioc to let them do all is a nice bonus too, I think that making it one very big raid for herioc and some smaller for lower difficulties is nice, you will still get to see all the content after all.

I also think a pure orc raid is rather dull, with many bosses and many different bosses you will get a much more fun raiding enviroment that looks very different for each wing/boss. I think that having this more titanish/burning legionish last wing with even changed looks could be fun.

Deleted
    Are you guys seriously still suggesting that Garrosh works with demons and Magatha?
    He hates those, it would be incredible out of character.

I think a more likely setup would be Sha-possessed Garrosh with a few other random high ranking Orcs and Tauren.
    Throw in a few random evil creatures. Maybe Sha themselves or weird experiment creatures. Voila, Blizzard quality work right there.

Don't forget all the random bosses in Icecrown Citadel or Hour of Twilight raids. People had high hopes for those raids as well.

Deleted
    I am totally not suggesting garrosh works with Demons, the moment we besiege Orgrimmar, demons invade. As shown in the boss list, many "would be horde bosses" even get slain by demons and demons are corrupting the bosses in it even further. It gives Garrosh his chance to escape and revive his father and mannoroth by accident (totally see that happening)

Garrosh will not work with demons, but it would be insanely cool to let the burning legion attack start the moment we attack Orgrimmar, it gives a totally different look & view upon the raid and much more diverse bosses.

Shiraz? Isn't that a wine?

I like the idea of Orgrimmar getting sacked and trashed, but I don't like the idea of it being some Legion outpost. I want to kill and loot Orcs.

Some good ideas, but there are a few that are mind boggling. The Ji/Aysa fight? Why would they be fighting in the middle of the siege? I very much doubt that either would side with Garrosh. There's no reason for them to be fighting if the horde and alliance are cooperating.

I also don't like the ressurecting grom/mannoroth idea. No reason not to have Garrosh's fall be in Orgrimmar, or to pull his dead father into the mix.

I'm also against the idea of the Legion being there.

I like the idea of Orgrimmar itself being the raid. Fighting bosses in the valley of spirits, the goblin area, the tauren place, etc. would be really cool. For horde players, it would almost be like destroying our own homeland. It could be a really powerful lore set piece if the storytellers handle it correctly for us horde raiders.

I'm thinking one alternative to this would be invading the dark caverns beneath orgrimmar - I know there are some changes to RFC that more than just hint at Garrosh's corruption in MoP. It might be interesting if the big, epic final raid takes place in dark caverns such as these.

Also, one more note: Is the new trend of WoW to have the final raid of the expansion take place entirely in an environment from the previous expansion? The last raid of Cataclysm took place at Wyrmrest temple from WotLK, and the final raid of MoP is going to take place in Orgrimmar, which was redesigned in Cataclysm. Can we expect the final raid of the next expansion pack to take place in the Pandaren faction capitols? (This is mostly joking, don't answer my question here.)

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thats quite a few bosses......

While I am all for Garrosh redeming himself......
    I dont see why Mannoroth and Grom should be brought back, dead characters should stay dead.
    Last edited by Dreknar20; 2012-08-08 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noemonad View Post
    I like the idea of Orgrimmar itself being the raid. Fighting bosses in the valley of spirits, the goblin area, the tauren place, etc. would be really cool. For horde players, it would almost be like destroying our own homeland. It could be a really powerful lore set piece if the storytellers handle it correctly for us horde raiders.

I'm thinking one alternative to this would be invading the dark caverns beneath orgrimmar - I know there are some changes to RFC that more than just hint at Garrosh's corruption in MoP. It might be interesting if the big, epic final raid takes place in dark caverns such as these.

Also, one more note: Is the new trend of WoW to have the final raid of the expansion take place entirely in an environment from the previous expansion? The last raid of Cataclysm took place at Wyrmrest temple from WotLK, and the final raid of MoP is going to take place in Orgrimmar, which was redesigned in Cataclysm. Can we expect the final raid of the next expansion pack to take place in the Pandaren faction capitols? (This is mostly joking, don't answer my question here.)
    I wouldn't call it a trend, it's just a coincidence. Wyrmrest made sense as the starting point for DS considering the importance of the aspects and Deathwing's rivalry with them. And while DS was lacking in some areas, I thought it was more interesting to have the bad guy on the offensive for once rather than just sitting in his lair waiting to be killed like...just about every other boss.

For MOP, 'war' itself is the enemy, and in a way Garrosh Hellscream is the personification of the bad aspects of war, at least that's how they seem to be taking him, foiling his descent with Varian's rise. And so having the last raid be his seat of power makes sense storyline wise.

What I'm curious to see though, is how much of the raid takes place in the Org we know, and how much will take place in new areas? He's doing 'bad things' under org, part of the raid could actually be underground in new locations.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    For MOP, 'war' itself is the enemy, and in a way Garrosh Hellscream is the personification of the bad aspects of war, at least that's how they seem to be taking him, foiling his descent with Varian's rise. And so having the last raid be his seat of power makes sense storyline wise.
    Pretty spot on.

Metzen did say that the x-pac is about war, but more specifically how and why we fight these wars.
    Though Im still sad about my favorite character =(

Deleted
    I think blizzard will try to make orgrimmar look very new in the raid but keep it mostly there @ Florena, its the siege of orgrimmar for a reason so I think we will stay there for atleast 90% doesn't mean we can explore parts of Orgrimmar we haven't seen yet ofcourse.

10+ Year Old Account
    sounds pretty meh
    "BC was a hot chick that took alot of work but was rewarding in the end, Cata is the drunk chick that supplied similar results with less effort." -couldnt have said it better.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Give up trying to understand her, women tend to handle problems with emotion rather than logic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ji Firepaw and Aysa Cloudsinger are the Pandaren racial leaders and it wouldn't make sense for them to be in the Siege to be kill-able. Would be nice though to see them with other Pandaren helpers against Garrosh, seeing Rexxar as well with Ogres, Chen Stormstout and his niece Li Li and more characters of Horde who want Garrosh dead.
    Not sure what for the Alliance would be though.
    For the Horde!