Poll: Which class will be the best for soloing in MoP?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destard View Post
    a wild hunter appear

it's supereffective!
    Was about to say the same thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Management View Post
    So a hunter would be able to take down Lich King? Maybe I should have included more in the poll, since I don't know much about how all classes work for soloing.
    He would indeed. Check out Youtube.

Blood dk's can no longer spec out of blood worms... goodbye alot of easy solos.
    IE almost every boss that is difficult for hunters to solo due to MC effects (kaelthas comes to mind, although it's still possible at 90 as frost)

I was under the impression Monks have been very strong soloing relatively? Is that not true?

I did say "I don't know much about how all classes work for soloing." So. No, until I saw the video I was watching a minute ago it hadn't hit me that they use the pet to solo "facepalm" at myself.

PS. MMO Champion needs to make the poll editable.
    Maybe you need to do some investigation before you make a poll then it would not need editing, or change the thread, as someone suggested, to best melee solos

Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    Maybe you need to do some investigation before you make a poll then it would not need editing, or change the thread, as someone suggested, to best melee solos
    I am sick and brain function is close to none. Sorry about the bad poll. Just ignore that and write instead

---------- Post added 2012-08-09 at 03:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Athorha View Post
    Blood dk's can no longer spec out of blood worms... goodbye alot of easy solos.
    IE almost every boss that is difficult for hunters to solo due to MC effects (kaelthas comes to mind, although it's still possible at 90 as frost)
    How do you solo a boss with MC effects? I kniow warlocks can solo kael thas as well as enhancement shams.

Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    I was under the impression Monks have been very strong soloing relatively? Is that not true?
    Anyone got something on monks? I really want to know more about them.

10+ Year Old Account
    How do you solo a boss with MC effects? I kniow warlocks can solo kael thas as well as enhancement shams.
    LoS, my friend. Just hide behind a statue in Kael's room with your pet and boss at the other side, and let him do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    LoS, my friend. Just hide behind a statue in Kael's room with your pet and boss at the other side, and let him do the job.
    If this is a big problem for hunters , how is it not a bigger problem as a melee class? Like someone said.

Reposting Question: How come DK is more preferable for soloing? What makes them better then paladins?
    Last edited by Management; 2012-08-09 at 03:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If this is a big problem for hunters , how is it not a bigger problem as a melee class? Like someone said.

Reposting Question: How come DK is more preferable for soloing? What makes them better then paladins?
    Bosses like Kael use Mind Control only when there are 2 or more person in the istance; a melee class counts as one and invalidates the mechanic, but hunter+pet = 2 peeps.

Never rolled a DK, i guess more self-heals while still dealing dps. But i may be very wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Bosses like Kael use Mind Control only when there are 2 or more person in the istance; a melee class counts as one and invalidates the mechanic, but hunter+pet = 2 peeps.

Never rolled a DK, i guess more self-heals while still dealing dps. But i may be very wrong.
    Ahh, i see. About DKs, do they have better self healing then Prot Paladins?

Ahh, i see. About DKs, do they have better self healing then Prot Paladins?
    Yes, definitely from the videos you can see, dks have way better self healing while also having more dps than prot paladins, only way to have more self heal than a blood dk as paladin is going holy, but only possible with bosses without enrage, and not always a good idea if you run out of mana.

And I voted dk on this poll, but I have to agree with some, all classes should be on this poll, cause till some weeks ago, the best classes were blood dks, then hunters, then feral druids, so not really fair to put only plate users.

However, despite of my choice, at the moment, 1 week from MOP, warriors are catching up with dks thanks to second wind and shield barrier, they're definitely the second best solo class after dks, so I think they could give us dk some problems in the leading of soloing in MOP.

For instance, they did now naxxramas 25 14\15, still no dk soloed patchwerk 25 without shadowmeld, so 13\15, warriors are better than dks in naxxramas now, although we got more ulduar 25 man bosses and some cata bosses which maybe could kill a warrior faster than second wind heals, like al'akir, atramedes, omnitron or alysrazor, and we still have some bosses warriors can't do for other reasons, like brutallus in sunwell and lich king heroic.

Out of those 3? DK!

Warrior is a dark horse depending on how well Second Wind holds up to the incoming damage from whatever you are fighting.

DK >= hunter >warlocks (hunts and locks are close now) check out spygnesy's stream on YouTube
    I need about tree fiddy

Most classes at lvl 90 in 450+ gear will have 300k hp and 300k mp. Anything with self heals at 30k+, will usually do well.
    Probably Blood DK or BM Monk.