Poll: Which class will be the best for soloing in MoP?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Best class for soloing? MoP?

Which class is the best for soloing old bosses? And which one will probably be the best in MoP for soloing? I'd be guessing it'd be between "blood DK" and "prot paladin", since warriors don't have all that many self heal abilities.

Anyways, put up a poll to be able to read the results easier, will include warriors since I haven't seen the changes to them in MoP.

EDIT: Don't forget to explain your choice.
    Last edited by Management; 2012-08-08 at 01:54 PM.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    a wild hunter appear

it's supereffective!

Quote Originally Posted by Destard View Post
    a wild hunter appear

it's supereffective!
    So a hunter would be able to take down Lich King? Maybe I should have included more in the poll, since I don't know much about how all classes work for soloing.

Ive only realy looked into deathknight, as im not going to reroll even if dk's wont be the nr1 solo class(not saying it aint, im saying that i dont know).
    But im realy exited about Conversion and the 1 sec global cooldown for blood, from what ive understood on the beta so far, is that the dps is raither low for blood dk's. This may be all tanks though, But yeah, lost alot of crit etc as well. Blood dk's might not be so "fun" as it is now, but i dont realy feel that the healing is nerfed.

Deleted
    No druid choice? :/

Quote Originally Posted by Synyzta View Post
    No druid choice? :/
    Ohh, forgot about both druids and monks. I am really sick so my brain clearly isn't functioning very well today :s

I haven't tried a DK, but Feral Druids are quite effective at soloing most old content with a breeze.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Management View Post
    So a hunter would be able to take down Lich King? Maybe I should have included more in the poll, since I don't know much about how all classes work for soloing.
    Raegwyn killed Atramedes with his hunter, and some people already did LK

so hunters should be on the top spot of soloing list atm

and in MoP should be even better with all that self healing

Quote Originally Posted by Destard View Post
    Raegwyn killed Atramedes with his hunter, and some people already did LK

so hunters should be on the top spot of soloing list atm

and in MoP should be even better with all that self healing
    Hmm. I'm gonna check out some videos, right now. I don't like the kind of kiting way of soloing though. I really prefer meele soloing.

Hmm. I'm gonna check out some videos, right now. I don't like the kind of kiting way of soloing though. I really prefer meele soloing.
    Then this really is a pointless thread, isn't it. You're not asking for the best Solo Class, you're asking for the best Melee Solo Burst Class.

hunters have a pet, and an ability called mend pet? you really think they kite a boss around for 10-30 minutes?

DK, druid, monk.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Then this really is a pointless thread, isn't it. You're not asking for the best Solo Class, you're asking for the best Melee Solo Burst Class.
    Not to mention, you forgot to add Rogues as well. And Warlocks.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Deleted
    Frost mage. Just spam frost bolt. If the enemy is too close to you - freeze him. If u need to do AoE - Mirror image, Blizzard. Easy!!

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    hunters have a pet, and an ability called mend pet? you really think they kite a boss around for 10-30 minutes?
    I did say "I don't know much about how all classes work for soloing." So. No, until I saw the video I was watching a minute ago it hadn't hit me that they use the pet to solo "facepalm" at myself.

PS. MMO Champion needs to make the poll editable.

Quote Originally Posted by Quakefan View Post
    Frost mage. Just spam frost bolt. If the enemy is too close to you - freeze him. If u need to do AoE - Mirror image, Blizzard. Easy!!
    Bosses are immune to CC.

Hunters are really good even on live, I'd say it'll be between Blood DKs and Hunters. Although Second Wind will probably keep Warriors alive through anything that's not percentage based damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, on Beta my 90 Enh Sham in PVP gear managed to get Kael'thas down a few times, but that was before the "Balance Pass" they just took on us.

Havent tried anything past that though
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    yah.. omg i am a sad huntress not seeing them as a choice in the poll.. blood dk and hunters have been amazing at solo'ing stuff for a long time now. also.. with MoP i see many other classes at least getting to sample the solo life. which is very nice. but i still think the DK and hunter class are the two best at it. and will be even better with our new talents and glyphs.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    yah.. omg i am a sad huntress not seeing them as a choice in the poll.. blood dk and hunters have been amazing at solo'ing stuff for a long time now. also.. with MoP i see many other classes at least getting to sample the solo life. which is very nice. but i still think the DK and hunter class are the two best at it. and will be even better with our new talents and glyphs.
    I haven't played alot of hunter. How do their heals work? How do you solo as one?

Also, anyone tried warlocks on beta? Can they solo any big bosses? I mean like 3.3.5 (ICC) and up bosses.

EDIT: Also, anyone tried soloing as Monk? How are they as "soloers"?

2nd EDIT: How come DK is more preferable for soloing? What makes them better then paladins?
    Last edited by Management; 2012-08-08 at 05:46 PM.

A hunter has already solo'd the lich king.

Not answering the poll because lack of hunter and other classes.

A hunter doesn't have to heal themselves, they heal their pet and they can heal their pet really well.