401 Frost Dk Looking for some feedback

I'm fairly new to heroic raiding, this tier is literally the first for me even killing the end raid boss before the next xpac.
    Looking back on the dps i put out i feel a tad "unsatisfied" i guess would be the word I'm looking for, Any feed back on gearing/reforge/spec/rotations anything would be very much appreciated.

Because i cant post links and want to share the log for last weeks ds, Us-Altar of storms-active posted from a DCL run, should be the only one..

I switch back and forth between reg BLF and the Valor trink depending on the fight, I may be doing that wrong too XD Normally i try to keep the bone link on, until it comes to a boss like spine or hagara where burst is more useful....

10+ Year Old Account
    That would be:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-m04vrashnl9z0kbs/

With your kills and specially you (the only DK):

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r.../24/?enc=kills

Your PoF uptime is great and used pretty much on every cooldown. 3 uses in a 3 minute fight seem pretty normal to me. The only thing I noticed was abnormally low Oblit to FS usage. Your HB usage is consistent with the 2p. 36k dps overall on all KILLS is quite fine, I'd say. Did you ever switch to unholy at any point?

Now for your toon: you're missing 2 enchants and 6 glyphs. Now, most glyphs aren't necessary, but I'd take Blood Tap so you don't damage yourself and AMS to increase the shield time (very useful on Morchok). Aside from those your spec seems fine, although I would move talents from IMP into Butchery and one of Scent of Blood. More RP generation.

Haste is great 2.4k. Hit is just under cap and could have a small effect on your dps.

I personally think you're doing the right thing with the trinket switching. Always go for burst when necessary.

No, for the entire raid i stayed Frost. Can i ask what's the second enchant i missing? I replaced my chest and legs with the heroics and only one i see missing is from the chest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Then it hits me View Post
    No, for the entire raid i stayed Frost. Can i ask what's the second enchant i missing? I replaced my chest and legs with the heroics and only one i see missing is from the chest.
    Nevermind, it was my mistake. You're missing a tinker on the cloak instead of an enchant. The chest, yes, is still missing the +20 stats.

I was in the process of Fixing that when i stopped to type this up, so just finish that enchant, and use oblit more with a slight change to talents and glyphs right? Thank you ^.^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Then it hits me View Post
    I was in the process of Fixing that when i stopped to type this up, so just finish that enchant, and use oblit more with a slight change to talents and glyphs right? Thank you ^.^
    It depends. You use OB if you have a frost/unholy pair up or death runes up. This is pretty much all of the time. BT to bring back runes only if OUT of death runes (blood runes are always death runes for you), and only use FS if out of runes or about to cap runic power.

I try to prioritize that my Rime procs, which also generate RP, aren't used if I'm full on RP. I'd rather burn a touch of RP, the use my rime procs than do an OB and potentially lose out on another Rime proc, but that's just me.

Ok, I'll try to keep this in mind. I get a little adhd some times with the shinny buttons :/

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Aside from those your spec seems fine, although I would move talents from IMP into Butchery and one of Scent of Blood. More RP generation.
    don't get scent of blood.

op you seem to be doing pretty good. on your ultraxion kill you could have using pof once more, your glove tinker twice more, and your trinket once more. your blood plague uptime is a bit low as well. just practice some more and remember to hit cooldowns. make sure you're using one of the str buffs with pof for added effect

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    don't get scent of blood.
    Just curious. Is there a particular reason why? When I switched back to DPS just before DS, I was asked to drop Improved FP and take up SoB.

EDIT: Nvm. I stand corrected; you can't even reach that without losing unholy talents on disease damage/time anyway. Ignore that statement from me! I was thinking of SoB even though he had asked me to drop Chilblains
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-08-08 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Just curious. Is there a particular reason why? When I switched back to DPS just before DS, I was asked to drop Improved FP and take up SoB.

EDIT: Nvm. I stand corrected; you can't even reach that without losing unholy talents on disease damage/time anyway. Ignore that statement from me! I was thinking of SoB even though he had asked me to drop Chilblains
    and there are very few times when a dps should be dodging, parrying, or taking direct damage.

op your spec is a bit off anyways.
    3/3 bladed armor is a must.
    2/2 endless winter is pointless in DS

i would change your spec and glyphs to this http://us.battle.net/wow/en/tool/tal...Z!Yg!aeVUgQPoL
    if you need to get chilbains for heroic madness drop 2/2 improved frost presence for 2/2 chilbains

some people prefer an improved blood tap spec as well
    Last edited by bals; 2012-08-08 at 10:21 PM.