Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by egrus View Post
    And wowhead had Invincible reins is at 5% drop rate, even Blizz said it is at 1%. so drop chances on wowhead is not to accurate, atleast on items that had the drop chance change.
    Yes, but Lord Aurius Rivendare has always had the 1% mount drop chance, there was never any change to his drop tables. The pre-Cata Rivendare did have it's drop chance altered but that isn't listed on Wowhead anymore.

As for why the drop chance on Wowhead shows 0.7% instead of 1%: What Wowhead does not take into account is all the kills that do not get recorded for Wowhead statistics.
    Also, what could be a factor, even if the drop chance was set at 1% the actual rates of people getting it might show some deviation from the set drop chance but will probably be within acceptable parameters assuming World of Warcraft uses a Normal Distribution system.

Well like most people have said it's not really a unique ground mount unless your alliance, it took me 130 odd runs when i got it years ago but like the Raven Lord and other 5man drops its just become so common that to me it's now just a +1 mount in my 163 mount collection. Now that the TCG mounts are being copied by the goldsellers why would you waste all your time farming it when there are more 'unique' and once expensive now dirt cheap mounts such as spectral tigers that every tom, dick and harry has.

I wish there were more duped mounts when I was playing I would've definitly bought a few.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's been duped too much so it's lost a lot of personal appeal.

Deleted
    It took me roughly 300 kills to get one, got it on my rogue.

Was planning on using it on most toons in MoP, but I might be able to score a Spectral Tiger within the next 2 weeks so.... yeah..

10+ Year Old Account
    I have it and use it on my DK, and I'm still debating wether I will use it in Pandaria as my ground mount on my main Warlock, at least during leveling.

It was the first rare drop mount from an instance I farmed and ever got, it's just that now I have mounts that I like more, and think are more rare in many cases, so I use them instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Its more noticable on Alliance characters. I have it, after farming for years, and still never ride it. Would rather epeen with my Spectral.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    years ago was insanely low drop rate
    then changed to 0.1%
    it's 1% since TBC-early Wotlk period

have it but i still prefer my swift spectral saber

^ brofist guy above me! :P

been trying this for awhile no luck yet but im not giving up.

I have 4. Only really had to farm it on my druid which took years. My hunter gets pretty lucky with rare mounts and has most of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by insen View Post
    you seem to be the only one here who understand how to interpret drop chances

I'm german so I use commas
    the drop chance is 1% atm
    100% equals 1
    1% equals 0,01
    formula: 1 - ,99^(n)
    n is equivalent to your tries
    1 - ,99^(25) = ,2222 = 22,22%
    1 - ,99^(50) = ,3950 = 39,50%
    1 - ,99^(75) = ,5294 = 52,94%
    1 - ,99^(100) = ,6340 = 63,40%
    This means you have a chance of 63,40% to see this mount dropping in your 100th run.

Unnerfed is was 0,01% right?
    ,01% equals ,0001
    1 - ,9999^(1000) = ,09517 = 9,517%

I really hope I'm not talking shit here

ont topic: Have this mount too, but I'm not really using it very often. I should use it more often, tho it lost its uniqueness after that 1% buff.
    Perhaps its a language error since you said you're German but you aren't correct when you say "this means you have a chance of 63.40% chance of that mount dropping in your 100th run." The 63.40% chance is that you'll have seen the mount by your 100th run, but the chance of the mount dropping in that run is 1%, like it is for every individual run.

I've had it drop on 3 alts, with pugs (while levelling - the randoms got the mount) FML :|

P.S. It's 1% or 1/100 chance to drop since 3.x unless it's changed since then.
    Last edited by Yohassakura; 2012-08-13 at 02:27 PM.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

hmm if you play horde side you wont see it either because the UD mount looks just like it or people that have it dont play the toon that they have it on that often. Go to alliance side most people will flaunt it.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    According to Wowhead, this has a .7% drop rate, which is pretty low. For those that struggle with math, this is less than a 1 percent drop chance.
    I heard that Wowhead isn't just an average of all the loots, in addition to the fact that it USED TO BE LOWER, AND NUMBERS WERE RECORDED THEN.

Your argument is horribly invalid.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Idk if it was pure luck but I got my deathcharger after my 2nd run ever on my druid followed by a 2 week farm for the swift white hawk strider and a 3 week farming session for the ravenlord mount...

Deleted
    Got it on 9th run Used it once and that was after i got it

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    I heard that Wowhead isn't just an average of all the loots, in addition to the fact that it USED TO BE LOWER, AND NUMBERS WERE RECORDED THEN.

Your argument is horribly invalid.

This is a Wowhead.com issue - people are heading over and seeing a 0.7% drop rate from Lord Aurius Rivendare (introduced in 4.0.3) when they search for the mount. Once someone searches for Lord Aurius Revendare, they see that its sitting at a 0.9% drop rate, which is closer to the advertised 1.0%. I'm guessing Wowhead has lumped all the data from drops on one page, but then shows the more accurate drop rate on another.

On a side note, I wish wowhead did not round to the nearest tenth of a percent. 0.9% doesn't tell me if the data is closer to 0.949%, 0.851%, or somewhere in between. Thats a huge swing. >.<

A ton of people have it, but people just don't use it. To me, it's not that nice, mainly because there are mounts that look exactly same already. So it takes away from it a lot. JMO. It's still a pain to get though.

Everyone who has is it, is probably trying to sell it.