Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    how are resto shamans compared to other healers in 10m raids thus far?

15+ Year Old Account
    The haste breakpoint, as you already said is bugged. Depending on your lataency you need x to y more haste rating to reach the breakpoint. You can test this, but keep in mind, that your latency will get worse in a raid environment and you will need some additinal haste even after getting the additional tick in a test environment.

Have a look at the resto shamy tread @elitistjerks. As far as I remember someone did the math for the additional haste rating you wil need depending on your latency.
    Last edited by Madhoof; 2013-01-17 at 11:13 AM.
    R.A.I.D - Resto at its destiny

Did they nerf Ancestral guidance on Tsulong?

15+ Year Old Account
    That's not clear by now. It seems that they definately hotfixed something yesterday, but what in detail is not quite clear.

See the whole discussion here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...hole-day-phase
    Last edited by Madhoof; 2013-01-17 at 11:17 AM.

Is Section 6 ever gonna be updated for 5.1?

Deleted
    Does anyone know if the water shield glyph is worth using for Heroic Will of the emperor? does it proc from the titan gas damage?
    Thanks.

15+ Year Old Account
    According to the EJ thread it's not worth taking in that specific encounter. Regarding the ability to proc from the titangas, I'm afraid I can't tell you that, but the table @EJ normally includes suchs facts, so actually it shouldn't matter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Madhoof View Post
    According to the EJ thread it's not worth taking in that specific encounter. Regarding the ability to proc from the titangas, I'm afraid I can't tell you that, but the table @EJ normally includes suchs facts, so actually it shouldn't matter.
    Yeah I checked the EJ table before asking here but since they dont really specify if its for normal or heroic and since heroic woe works a bit different with the titan gas I wasn't really sure :P

15+ Year Old Account
    OK, then sorry for don't telling you anything new ;D

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus93 View Post
    Does anyone know if the water shield glyph is worth using for Heroic Will of the emperor? does it proc from the titan gas damage?
    Thanks.
    No, it doesn't.

Deleted
    Nice guide

Does anyone know a macro for the following i want to push a button and cast these spells in this order ( when i targeted someone)
    - unleashed elementens ( with the talent offcourse)
    - acenstral swiftness ( for instant cast)
    - greater healing wave

keep trying it. but cant seem to get it to work.
    a macro for the first 2 spells would also be nice. i can always cast ghw after that.

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    Does anyone know a macro for the following i want to push a button and cast these spells in this order ( when i targeted someone)
    - unleashed elementens ( with the talent offcourse)
    - acenstral swiftness ( for instant cast)
    - greater healing wave

keep trying it. but cant seem to get it to work.
    a macro for the first 2 spells would also be nice. i can always cast ghw after that.
    try
    #showtooltip unleash elements
    /cast ancestral swiftness
    /castsequence [nomodifier, target=mouseover, exists, help] reset=combat/15 unleash elements, greater healing wave

this will cast ancestral swiftness whenever its off cooldown and cast unleash elements and then greater healing wave on your mouseover. You will ofc need 2 clicks to cast both unleash elements and ghw. If you want it on your target as you asked for then just take out target=mouseover,

I can't play resto. i've healed for years as a holy paladin so I have the concept of how to heal but I do like 20k hps at ilvl 365 which is barely cutting it even for lfr. I do everything as suggested in guides, keep up riptide on people/earthshield tanks, chain heal for aoe, and healing wave as my main singe target heal. My top healing done is my water totem.

don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by jonoy8 View Post
    I can't play resto. i've healed for years as a holy paladin so I have the concept of how to heal but I do like 20k hps at ilvl 365 which is barely cutting it even for lfr. I do everything as suggested in guides, keep up riptide on people/earthshield tanks, chain heal for aoe, and healing wave as my main singe target heal. My top healing done is my water totem.

don't understand.
    Cant really say much without logs but its quite possible that you are overusing chain heal. Its not that great. Actually in lfr my mostly used spell is healing rain as my aoe spell since people are stacked up and theres always small aoe healing going out half the fight and when theres not the tanks take the healing. Note thats for lfr, not for normals unless ofc theres actual high aoe damage coming in, since its a mana drain on normals. Also another thing which can increase or drop your healing is knowing the fight. Knowing the best times to use your cooldowns like ascendance and healing tide and getting the most uses out of them can srsly increase your healing done. So take elegon for example. Theres going to be an explosion everytime one of those adds reaches 0 hp in p1. I know theres going to be 2 p1 until p3 and it usually takes roughly 3 mins to get to each p1 again (normal mode timings, cant say for rf). In other words, I can cast all my cooldowns 3 times each. However the damage is pretty healable in p1 without cooldowns since they only explode every so often and not consistently but that doesnt mean im going to save all my cooldowns for p3 for when the damage gets higher. No, if you know that your cooldowns will be back up by the high damage phase, then use them earlier in a fight. Thats just one example of what might improve your healing. More often than not i read logs of shamans getting 1 used out of healing tide or ascendance when they could have gotten 3.

15+ Year Old Account
    First of all, as already mentioned, a correct use of healing rain in combination with unleash elements is mandatory. Always use both together and keep it on cd (this only counts for 25men, but since we are talking about lfr, that should be the case).

The next thing, an maybe the most important in terms of hps and overall heal, are your cooldowns. Use your cooldowns and use them twice per encounter. Most beginners tend to save their healing tide just for the case the complete raid is dying and end up with no cd used after the boss died. To manage that correctly you will need to know the encounter, as mentioned as well, so you know when dmg peaks occur and when you can make use of your cds the best. In my opinion the first 2 encounters of mogushan, are desgined perfetly for our cds. There is lot of raid dmg with many people dropping low while standing quite stacked. As I said try to put down your healing tide totem twice per fight when the complete raid took massive amounts of dmg (e.g. overload @ first boss). Try to time your spirit link totem, so it's up 1 second before massive raid dmg is incoming and use your ascendence to fill the gaps between those two cooldowns. You will be suprised how much your overall healing, as well as your hps, will increase.

While only having entry level gear, try to avoid chainheal as much as possible. It soaks up a lot of mana, but doesn't heal that much as you may think of regarding past expansions. If you try to use healing rain on cooldown, you will spend a large amount of your mana already, so you really shouldn't burn it by a high usage of chainheal even more. Better try to heal smart using your healing wave.

The last thing is, manage your healing stream totem. As you already discovered your HST makes up for a large amount of your overall healing. That won't change when you progress to highter item levels. Though it shouldnt be your No 1 in overall healing done, it will always be under the top 3 if managed corrextly. That means, place it on cooldown and recall it always (using the glyph), because that will make up for very much overall healing costing you no mana at all.
    Last edited by Madhoof; 2013-02-26 at 11:41 AM.

15% mana cost reduction to Healing Rain on front page right now. I suspect this will lead to future changes(nerfs) for Resto Shaman. Thoughts?
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    15% mana cost reduction to Healing Rain on front page right now. I suspect this will lead to future changes(nerfs) for Resto Shaman. Thoughts?
    Nerfing the healer that has the hardest time in 10-man of all healer classes wouldn't make sense. If anything, I'd expect more positive changes for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Minimal impact on well geared players. Once you can maintain UL-HR/HST/Riptide/HW filler spam... the amount of extra healing you get for upgrading HW into CH/GHW-HS is actually pretty small. So that 2k at best "spirit" buff from reduced cost probably will equate to less than a 4% increase in output.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitkanen View Post
    Minimal impact on well geared players. Once you can maintain UL-HR/HST/Riptide/HW filler spam... the amount of extra healing you get for upgrading HW into CH/GHW-HS is actually pretty small. So that 2k at best "spirit" buff from reduced cost probably will equate to less than a 4% increase in output.
    Works nice for my plan in 5.2 though. Ditch the glyph of totemic recall while having haste slightly above the HST breakpoint once I can get my hands on the 2set bonus. And with the 4set being a buff to haste and mastery, going for crit might not end up being the best plan anymore.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.