Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ailerist View Post
    Hello Resto Shaman Community, I come as a concerned friend about a fellow resto shaman friend of mine who is doing quite sub par in raids. He's been playing resto shaman since BC. While I'm sure, he's probably already visited the forums, I'm just wondering what your thoughts are on the current state of shamans. We raid 25M's and here is a wol of our magera attempts. It really seems as though the absorbtions are raping the shit out of hps

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...m/healingDone/

Looking for some critiques

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Kazandu/simple
    I found this discussion quite helpful when it regards to rshamans in 25 man: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-shaman-builds
    it might help your friend.

Also judging from WoL, at a 1st glance I can see that he isnt using his healing stream as much as he could, on your 10th megaera try which was 9min and 13s long he only dropped it 4 times, considering it only has a 30 second cd he could have at least dropped it +15 times.
    Last edited by mmocd4569adb10; 2013-03-16 at 01:22 PM.

Deleted
    Brilliant guide! The tips for each boss were very useful, also. Favouriting this so I can refer to it easier! Good work!

Deleted
    Anyone have a weakaura string for the Primal Fire Elemental?

I want an aura that starts when I activate my Fire Totem so that I know when 36 seconds have passed and when the Primal Fire Elemental is gone.
    Same for Primal Earth Elemental.

I've tried googling and making one for myself but to no avail. :-(

Deleted
    try this:
    Code:
    dGdZcaGEPOAxueBtr1CvumBjDtPO8nPWovyVODly)GQ(PuK(lv63eUTunufrdMIQHlKdcQ4XuvhtP6CkflKs1sffzXIclxIhQi8uvltk9CGddYufzYc10jDrkLRcQ0ZOeDDLSrQWWOkBgu2oL0Pj6ZuyAIsFxrPrkfXjPOmALsJxrYLef1TOiDnr15PIUm04OeETIuZDM4L8MfuSadYhNXmFramZJWA11HSGU2Qyhdku1njuSZd43njRjnmzdFNpMpMj(PAkmyau5W02Cp(vqlsddSWeVkuSNCgHCStLxlsddSWeV6mc5bkKUa8(lGk6UBLXiVk7ym)kGwXGYdTub)cGUYGvSaqMb)cGUQqX(aQJ0opAfdkFsOyNxfk2toJqo25xa0DfKkTZRcf7dOoY7qwq4n3wf7yqHQWBEsOyNFbqxvOyp5mcPDQ8rfHrbbGjlOVeifbo84HjckVTQv4Ag8M7qeu(TO0yRYrUhFvafZe)cGU(viaG25lIkYeFFvvjtuPYVaOBaTIfMb)cGUGi0N25brOpt8azWOIC0Y3xvvYehT0ovQ8(viaGjEGmyur(3e40m4mOsLhMiOx2CKJwp(yjiQc58kK)0a(mhXxqdPiKCgH8sFrG3xiQXIzdmdEzmVdB8ZkJ1TCK7Xhw9urAyGfah78qXXsvkcqvxTinmWcGjQ8afYFAWKczq5NW2izlt8koLoHOkkmXrlDK1cplTWYnZ9AZBTiVDdHzA(CoSKoYNNVN3yUNx7MgzBK1JWmnVbvQ8w5ypRNhvsa

Any thoughts to stacking 6077 haste from gear / gems to keep the extra ticks on HTT and HST and then specking into Echo of Elements > Ancestral Swiftness.

I tried it last week during are farm of 11/12 normal ToT and i still managed to keep 51% mastery and a little low but still ok 16% crit. This is ofc with keeping MAX spirit as-well.

I tried a heavy crit build, Heavy mastery build, Heavy haste build all with Ancestral Swiftness and when i tried this heavy haste with Echo getting a double proc chain heal during stack up phases was very very powerful. Some input on what you other shamans think would be awesome thanks.

Its really really hard to tell how well it worked out without logs or an armory to look at to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Menphisrains View Post
    Any thoughts to stacking 6077 haste from gear / gems to keep the extra ticks on HTT and HST and then specking into Echo of Elements > Ancestral Swiftness.

I tried it last week during are farm of 11/12 normal ToT and i still managed to keep 51% mastery and a little low but still ok 16% crit. This is ofc with keeping MAX spirit as-well.

I tried a heavy crit build, Heavy mastery build, Heavy haste build all with Ancestral Swiftness and when i tried this heavy haste with Echo getting a double proc chain heal during stack up phases was very very powerful. Some input on what you other shamans think would be awesome thanks.
    Ive tried echo before. It did work very well and overall it gave me roughly the same hps if not a bit better. However it is way too rng for a healer. Its great when it does proc. On a stacked up phase or any time you chain heal, it does a huge amount of additional healing. But the fact its rng means if it procs at the wrong time it could become a huge amount of overhealing and not proc when its needed and someone dieing because of it.

I'm being asked to heal my guilds weekend run 10m. Riptide glyph or no? Is there any situation where GHW > HS? I've thought the mana cost is similar, HS gets more crit benefit and is faster for virtually the same amount of healing. Any ideas for which fights CH glyph would be good? I feel like horridon, council and tortos are all strong CH glyph fights on 10. Healing comp is going to be pally, monk, shaman.

Riptige 90% of situations is bad. with 2set t14 ghw should be better overal than hs

10+ Year Old Account
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nette/advanced

i'm currently reforged to reach the 3764 haste breakpoint but as its known to be bugged i dont know if my latency would be enough to keep my haste rating at this level. latency is around 30/30 :S also would my crit rating be okay for my itemlevel or should i reforge away more from mastery?

pardon my english

What do you guys use to soak Ionization on Jin heroic? (we have no disc priest)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoptam View Post
    What do you guys use to soak Ionization on Jin heroic? (we have no disc priest)
    We have a disc priest, but it's a bit hard to have Spirit Shell or shields up for the blast. Mostly we just try to get everyone 100% hp and everyone uses their defensive cooldowns. As resto shaman I suggest you have either Stone Bulwark or Nature's Guardian for that fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    We have a disc priest, but it's a bit hard to have Spirit Shell or shields up for the blast. Mostly we just try to get everyone 100% hp and everyone uses their defensive cooldowns. As resto shaman I suggest you have either Stone Bulwark or Nature's Guardian for that fight.
    Stone bulwark would be the better talent for Ionization. While Nature's Guardian is prbly best for lightning storm.

I killed Jin Heroic on wednesday.

For the 1st Ionization Astral Shift for the 40% damage reduction

For the 2nd i i topped myself to 100% used the glype of dispel so you get a bit of life instantly and used a health stone.

For the 3rd i used earthen elemental for the 20% reduction

for the 4th and final Astral Shift 40% damage reduction

Quote Originally Posted by Menphisrains View Post
    I killed Jin Heroic on wednesday.

For the 1st Ionization Astral Shift for the 40% damage reduction

For the 2nd i i topped myself to 100% used the glype of dispel so you get a bit of life instantly and used a health stone.

For the 3rd i used earthen elemental for the 20% reduction

for the 4th and final Astral Shift 40% damage reduction
    Went with Bulwark and worked realy well

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarganthos View Post
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nette/advanced

i'm currently reforged to reach the 3764 haste breakpoint but as its known to be bugged i dont know if my latency would be enough to keep my haste rating at this level. latency is around 30/30 :S also would my crit rating be okay for my itemlevel or should i reforge away more from mastery?

pardon my english
    The thing is that your ping will fluctuate constantly, so even though it'll look like you have a steady 30 ms it might not be in the very moment where you cast Healing Tide. I'm on 24 ms and I almost never got the extra tick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoptam View Post
    Went with Bulwark and worked realy well
    Yep, I found Bulwark very nice too. Check Static Burst timer, see to it that you're at full hp, drop totem, dispel, heal back up and waltz into lightning phase. I liked the timing for it actually. We made it so that a healer dispels one other person and then themselves (the remaining people used their own means to get rid of the debuff), so when I was about to dispel myself, there were only a few seconds left till lightning storm would come, which meant that I could run out a bit further and already position myself in the area where we'd be dancing, get a healing rain ready and that sort of thing.

Only thing I hate is that I had no personal CDs to use during lightning storm. I envy classes who have personals on a shortish CD or simply more CDs to use for themselves. *hugs the healthstone instead*

15+ Year Old Account
    @Seriss: We don't dispel Ionization at all, just let it drop on itself. Why do you dispel it? I understand you could dispel it if you have that Lightning thing following you so those two don't hit at the same time, but other than that, why?
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    @Seriss: We don't dispel Ionization at all, just let it drop on itself. Why do you dispel it? I understand you could dispel it if you have that Lightning thing following you so those two don't hit at the same time, but other than that, why?
    I suppose it has to do with not the entire raid getting hit with 450k dmg at the same time that would need to be healed up when Lightning Storm is incoming already. Seems not too bad of an idea when you're working on your firstkill and people are prone to taking damage from lightning orb thingies. We found we needed our raid-CDs during lightning storm rather than during Ionization.

And it is easier to heal one person to full, dispel them, heal them back up, run out yourself, check the Static Burst timer, heal up, drop totem, dispel, heal back up than to have 8 people spread out somewhere and wait for the big bang and then scramble to get them to full before they get the first tick of Lightning Storm or stumble into an orb.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry I've been so silent in the shaman forums around here, I have been playing around with loads of numbers *juggling with numbers*.

Following Therya's new number formula's, I've been looking a bit more into crit then spirit and ignoring mastery completly with my current gear.

Currently non-buffed, I am on 5.5k spirit, 17.37% haste (5005), 50.95% mastery (I can't go lower) and 21.71% crit. Now that amount of spirit might shock you, but combined with Horridon's trinket, the crit providing is actually good enough that I don't oom myself, with the exception of Twin Consorts where I oom myself too fast.

Note that my findings are from a 25 man pov. This is also with 2 other resto shamans and a disc priest with mana restores, where I am also using mana potions, spirit flask and spirit food, giving me a total of 7k spirit buffed.

Throughput wise, it's an insane amount higher. Crit scores and the numbers providing it is not fluxated with the health a person has, like our mastery. What I've seen is that our mastery doesn't shine at all, yet we still gear and aim to get 45-50% mastery, something I do not see working if it doesn't work at all. So why not change the priority from mastery to crit?

This is what I've been trying. My amount of spirit is drastically low as I wanted to test it out, but even with 6800 spirit, I am still able to normally heal and even better. My rotation was in no way different. My glyphs were Glyph of Cleansing Waters, Glyph of Water Shield and Glyph of Healing Stream. I barely used the Totemic Recall, which I could use to save even more mana.

Crit is definetly a stat being overlooked here, I got the feeling. I will not claim that you should all swap to crit, but if you notice that your heals are lacking, try swapping out mastery for crit, without loosing spirit. This can work for both 10 and 25 man and especially in combination with the 4 piece. Each crit has a 20% chance to proc AA (from HS, HW, GHW and the initial burst of RT) and the 50% chance from non-crit is huge. With crit, the AA procs will be even higher.

If you feel adventerous, try it and post it.

P.S.: reason for 5000 haste is that I do need a good amount of haste to comfortable heal, but I had not enough to go for 5676.
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work