Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dante Vale View Post
    What should it be instead? I am coming in fresh here, is there a guide that is updated and correct?
    It should be crit. Crit is hands down superior to mastery in all realistic scenarios.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviators View Post
    What do you with the meta proc and nothing to heal? I run with the riptide glyph. And blanket people people with the proc and riptide ends up being one of my top heals with around 30% overheal. And depending on if its a spread healing fight like H-Twins, it ends up being my #1.
    Eh.. I don't understand what you mean with nothing to heal. There's always something to heal. We're a good team, my healer buddies and I. We don't try to solo heal when we know that there's someone else who will also do their job

I hate the riptide glyph... I hate it so much, and if I ever feel like it's mandatory for a fight, I'll cry. Because it's such an abomination. If anything, RT should have no CD baseline, so that its usage is controlled by the mana consumption. The removal of the inital heal just hurts hpm and hps so badly.
    Last edited by Seriss; 2013-08-11 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post

Eh.. I don't understand what you mean with nothing to heal. There's always something to heal. We're a good team, my healer buddies and I. We don't try to solo heal when we know that there's someone else who will also do their job

I hate the riptide glyph... I hate it so much, and if I ever feel like it's mandatory for a fight, I'll cry. Because it's such an abomination. If anything, RT should have no CD baseline, so that its usage is controlled by the mana consumption. The removal of the inital heal just hurts hpm and hps so badly.
    Y'know when the meta procs during the fight with nothing to heal because no damage has been taken and the raid topped off, like when you transition from door to door on Horridon. Usually people are topped off. In that scenario, I like to blanket people with RT with RT glyphed.

I glyph for RT. Don't have any mana problems (have 8.9k spirit, legendary meta, 24.9% crit), mainly i try to get a near 100% uptime on TW. Its usually around >90% for every fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Y'know when the meta procs during the fight with nothing to heal because no damage has been taken and the raid topped off, like when you transition from door to door on Horridon. Usually people are topped off. In that scenario, I like to blanket people with RT with RT glyphed.

I glyph for RT. Don't have any mana problems (have 8.9k spirit, legendary meta, 24.9% crit), mainly i try to get a near 100% uptime on TW. Its usually around >90% for every fight.
    Oh, well... I taught people to run into my Healing Rain during the transitions. It usually tends to coincide with dire calls. We also usually have a few low health adds (the non-dangerous kinds of them) that we drag along to the next gate and kill them when the new ones haven't spawned yet. So I usually don't have those no-dmg-nothing-to-heal-but-casting-regardless phases.

(PS: I'm so so sorry, but I really really hate this glyph. I hate it so much. It's an abomination. Even with the 'buff' they gave it. 90%, 75%, it still reduces what is the most important part of the healing of RT to nothing. This glyph could be so useful if it shifted the healing value of the initial heal to the HoT component or if it reduced the duration of riptide while doubling the heals, or if it made the initial heal stronger but weakened the HoT so it would only be useful for bouncing CH off of it... so many possibilities, and they just cut away the initial heal.... it makes me sad )
    Last edited by Seriss; 2013-08-14 at 04:34 PM.

Deleted
    What do you with the meta proc and nothing to heal?
    Drop down Magma. Easy 12k mana if you recall it later, but otherwise there aren't any more fantastic uses on current farm, there's not enough damage going out to be a challenge for 545+ geared healers with LMGs.

That is interesting, though our comp is a holy/disc (Mostly holy) and resto shaman and we have no 5% crit buff. 2 heal all the fights except for maybe H-Council, everything else is 2 healed.

http://www.icy-veins.com/restoration...-healing-guide is pretty decent and up to date. Their BiS Trinket choice is kinda iffy.
    I also have a guide on the US shaman forums- still in the process of updating it. I just don't go overmuch on the stats priority (the guide is mainly aimed at people just picking up resto/returning folks). Stats really just depend on if you are running 10/25m, normal/heroics, primarily LFR/flex, and- if you are in an organized group- what your healer make up is. Also the meta gem comes into play.

(If anyone wants to help me with updating the one on the US forums- just send me a tell on MMOC.)
    Last edited by taheen74; 2013-09-11 at 08:35 PM.
    "When you've got to get down, but can't find the elevator, you have to do it any way you can. Even if it's with a shovel."- Dark Tower II: Drawing of the Three, Stephen King
    Juju's kgpanels: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/jujus-kgpanels Juju's blog: http://mouthygoblin.weebly.com/jujus-blog.html#/

So, I've done a fair amount of digging and I can't find much concrete on the matter. Most nods to resto shamans are towards 25-mans (understandably so) and anything regarding 10-man is layman's terms. I've had trouble finding armories of 10 man resto shamans to base much off of and I decided to post here to perhaps gain a bit of insight (everyone in this thread so far seems fairly knowledgeable).

I'd like to say for a fairly average guild on US-Moon Guard I don't fancy myself a horrible healer, but I'm conflicted about haste vs. crit vs. mastery, though perhaps not so much on mastery. I see everyone saying "go crit!" but everyone is haste gemming, so what's the dealio? With T15 4-set crit is pretty awesome, but when we drop it is going for crit still the way to go? I've gotten to the 7613 hbp and 23.90% crit chance (with an ilvl of 546) going into SoO.

I'm basically just conflicted on what stats I should be aiming for, if it should be haste (to a hpb) > crit > block > mastery, or crit > haste > gibberish.

I'm Zuljimba from Undaunted on US-Moon Guard (can't post links yet). If anyone would take a moment to give me a base optimization of my gemming that'd be fantastic.

Sorry if the post seems rather sporadic, I don't collect thoughts very well. Thanks folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Zuljimba View Post
    So, I've done a fair amount of digging and I can't find much concrete on the matter. Most nods to resto shamans are towards 25-mans (understandably so) and anything regarding 10-man is layman's terms. I've had trouble finding armories of 10 man resto shamans to base much off of and I decided to post here to perhaps gain a bit of insight (everyone in this thread so far seems fairly knowledgeable).

I'd like to say for a fairly average guild on US-Moon Guard I don't fancy myself a horrible healer, but I'm conflicted about haste vs. crit vs. mastery, though perhaps not so much on mastery. I see everyone saying "go crit!" but everyone is haste gemming, so what's the dealio? With T15 4-set crit is pretty awesome, but when we drop it is going for crit still the way to go? I've gotten to the 7613 hbp and 23.90% crit chance (with an ilvl of 546) going into SoO.

I'm basically just conflicted on what stats I should be aiming for, if it should be haste (to a hpb) > crit > block > mastery, or crit > haste > gibberish.

I'm Zuljimba from Undaunted on US-Moon Guard (can't post links yet). If anyone would take a moment to give me a base optimization of my gemming that'd be fantastic.

Sorry if the post seems rather sporadic, I don't collect thoughts very well. Thanks folks!
    Reason I gem for haste, is because I use it to get to a breakpoints, right now in 545, I sit at 9048 haste (Which is enough for 10 ticks of HST), 7285 mastery(60%), 6,059 crit(goes to 30% crit with full buffs) and 8000 spirit.

In 10m I find, we need to gear for throughput so pure reds stay red. If its yellow prob haste+int or crit, blue would be int+spirit.

Stats are something along Int>Spirit(comfortable)> Haste (Breakpoint) > Crit > Mastery.

Reason I gem for haste, is because I use it to get to a breakpoints, right now in 545, I sit at 9048 haste (Which is enough for 10 ticks of HST), 7285 mastery(60%), 6,059 crit(goes to 30% crit with full buffs) and 8000 spirit.

In 10m I find, we need to gear for throughput so pure reds stay red. If its yellow prob haste+int or crit, blue would be int+spirit.

Stats are something along Int>Spirit(comfortable)> Haste (Breakpoint) > Crit > Mastery.
    Do you raid 10 man normal or HC? I'm guessing with 8k spirit it's normal (like myself ATM). With 8k spirit do you run into mana issues at all? I've recently dropped from 15k spirit to 10k and haven't really noticed much of a difference/had mana issues. If 8k is good I'll reforge a bit much off for some lovely, lovely crit

Quote Originally Posted by Navitas View Post
    Do you raid 10 man normal or HC? I'm guessing with 8k spirit it's normal (like myself ATM). With 8k spirit do you run into mana issues at all? I've recently dropped from 15k spirit to 10k and haven't really noticed much of a difference/had mana issues. If 8k is good I'll reforge a bit much off for some lovely, lovely crit
    Right now, we are still progressing through normal, Got paragons/Garrosh left. But we do plan on doing heroics like we did last patch. Last patch with the same itemization set up, we went 10/13h, before Summer vacations. We are a fairly casual guild (2 days, 8 hours/week).

Back then Mana was only an issue on progression H-Megaera, trying to 2 heal it was rough. But reforged to get more Spirit. And we were fine.

In SoO, I find it with resurgence, on average I regenerate 350k-400k mana.

Aviators, could you link your armory.

I'm 546 IL and I have same haste bp with 58% mastery and can only get 16% crit [2159 on char sheet] --- but I recently upped my spirit to 13k because Malkorak (normal) was a fairly big mana drain. Suppose I could go back to my normal 10k or even try 8k spirit if I can get to ~30% crit raid buffed like you.

I really appreciate the help! I decided to try out what you're running and I noticed quite an improvement, I'll need to dump some more spirit to get more crit, but it's solid so far. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Varzik View Post
    Aviators, could you link your armory.

I'm 546 IL and I have same haste bp with 58% mastery and can only get 16% crit [2159 on char sheet] --- but I recently upped my spirit to 13k because Malkorak (normal) was a fairly big mana drain. Suppose I could go back to my normal 10k or even try 8k spirit if I can get to ~30% crit raid buffed like you.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Xavier/simple

Logged out in Healer gear

What is causing you spend so much mana on Malkorok?
    Last edited by Aviators; 2013-09-28 at 05:11 PM.

Don't wanna derail this thread into encounter specific topic, so this will be my last post concerning Malkorok.

Casual guild and players double soaking unnecessarily, etc ---> forcing me to use far more healing surges than I'd normally use just to get shields back up.

Knowing the fight better now should lead to less errors which will require less spirit. I'd like to go back to 10k or lower spirit if I can reforge to ~30% crit.

10+ Year Old Account
    could it be that our t16 2pc bonus doesnt count as our heal/absorb? cant find it in my logs, only when searching for the buff itself (wol)

pardon my english

Shows up under the tanks healing

Hello guys,

I have recently rerolled to a resto shaman having played a Holy Paladin for about 3-4 years. I look a break from WoW and got back recently. I'm finding the Shaman fun but I have been struggling with SoS in flex. Luckily in the flex run I got some upgrades, was wondering if anyone could give me some pointers.

My character is Zixxy on EU Emerald Dream(Some of my gear is unenchanted I still need to sort it).

I think what I found was that I was struggling a bit because I was used to the play style of the Holy Paladin and the Shaman is a bit more different. I'm also a bit unsure on what to reforge to, At the moment my Mastery seems high.

Any tips would be nice!

Thanks!

Coming back to shaman to heal some alt 10 raids, what are your thoughts on this plan:?

Stay between 49% and 51% mastery
    7500 haste breakpoint? (I'm a goblin, so not sure what it is)
    reforge out of haste mastery to crit to meet those values^
    reforge out of spirit based on fight intensity

10+ Year Old Account
    *randomly rushes in*

Damnit, Earthshield doesn't proc on Malkorok heroic during Miasma phases (I admit I didn't pay attention on normal or anything like that). Only during Blood Rage phases *grumblegrumblegrumble* Am I glad that I don't have 2pc, or else I'd be even more miffed about that.

Quote Originally Posted by mashanu View Post
    Coming back to shaman to heal some alt 10 raids, what are your thoughts on this plan:?

Stay between 49% and 51% mastery
    7500 haste breakpoint? (I'm a goblin, so not sure what it is)
    reforge out of haste mastery to crit to meet those values^
    reforge out of spirit based on fight intensity
    I'm raiding 10m HC. I personally go for the 33.xx breakpoint and then stack spirit. For most encounters youll be glad to have 16k - 17k spirit. Ive also tried to go for crit but it was quite annoying and not my play style.

My personal advice above ilvl 536 (my ilvl at the start of 5.4):
    - go for the 33.xx breakpoint -> huge healing boost
    - stack spirit untill you have no mana issues
    - go for crit or 40.xx breakpoint

regards jiggy

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

Resto Sham Tips Mop 5.4

hey everyone,
    im looking for input on my Troll Shaman. im sitting at 533 Ilvl at the moment and i'm not able to do the expected HPS for SoO. i'm looking for any tips on rotations that i can get. i currently do the following: Water Shield and Earthliving weapon, keep Earth Shield on the tank at all times, keep both tanks hot'd with Riptide and try to keep a majority of the raid hot'd with Riptide as well, drop HST on CD, spot heal with HW/GHW, and use HR with it's worth it for AoE damage. i liked the Chain Heal tip, i'll be using that more. but i'm just looking for anything i'm missing. everything would be greatly appreciated. thanks

it wont let me post my armory due to i'm a new MMO-CHAMPION member. If you'd like to look up my toon. His name is Shhambulance on US-Bleeding Hollow. Thanks again for any help.