Poll: What year will it release?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    It's Blizzard. They take forever with everything.

People can say "they take their time to make the best games ever" but words are words, and in my opinion in that case, are excuses.

The only actuality of this being true is likely Cataclysm and say Diablo III. Even then It's pretty much true.

It'll come out when the dollars stop streaming in through wow.

No, it was never intended to compete with WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post
    Didn't they start work on it when the burning crusade was release, when those developers left to work on their new MMO (that's where we get the A and B team stuff from)? I would say they might talk about it at Blizzcon 2013 and maybe release it in 2016-2017. Based on that unconfirmed leaked release chart though it seemed like they wanted to release it at the end of 2013, so it could even be out by 2014. But Blizzard isn't good at releasing new games in a timely matter so 2016 seems good. Gives them time keep people subscribed to WoW while they release the next few xpac (maybe up to 100), then try to get people to play their new MMO.
    It was not started until the release of Wrath or at least not fully started. That is when people were shuffled over. Jeff Kaplan worked on Naxx 2.0 and Ulduar before being switched over
    The days of the carrot on a stick mindset are over. 'You want it? It's right there. Just go get it' Has changed to 'Here, Don't eat it all at once, Aw hell, What do I care?'

Quote Originally Posted by Shoukyaku View Post
    HOTS? What is that even? The only thing mentioned there are Diablo, Starcraft, Titan, Battlenet, and Wow oriented products along with Battlenet. All of which up to this dat are right on the money. Stop reaching.

Actually its NOT right on the money ... if you look it shows WoWx4 (which is Mists of Panderia) releasing quarter 2 of 2012 but its actually releasing at the very end of quarter 3 and as others have alrdy said that timeline is off on a number of games. I'd have to agree with the others that IF the timeline is correct about Project Titan then all your gonna get then is a RELEASE of info about the game and NOT a RELEASE of the game itself.
    Last edited by netjunke; 2012-08-09 at 05:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanamman View Post
    It was not started until the release of Wrath or at least not fully started. That is when people were shuffled over. Jeff Kaplan worked on Naxx 2.0 and Ulduar before being switched over
    Actually it was 2007 when the speculation started. They didn't really transfer everyone at once.

In 2007, users on a Blizzard Internet forum speculated that the game was in development after the company published job listings for character and environment artists to work on a "Next-Gen MMO" that was "Top Secret." A Blizzard community representative confirmed that the postings were for an unannounced game that was not an expansion for World of Warcraft.[1] [2] Activision Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick said at the Deutsche Bank Securities Technology Conference that the new game would not be a competitor or clone of World of Warcraft.[3] Chief Operating Officer Paul Sams expanded on the limited information in 2008 when he told videogaming247.com that Blizzard's next-generation MMO would be "something that's cool, and new, and different" as well as a "challenging endeavour."[4][5][6] CEO Mike Morhaime confirmed that it was a new game and not a sequel to any existing franchises in a 2008 interview with Wired magazine.[7]
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titan_(...nment_project)

I did remember that talk of the A and B team during BC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erlend View Post
    The timeline also indicates that D3 came out around Christmas and MoP was released a few months ago, guess I must have missed the big release....
    So? The timeline is still perfectly legit. It's what they were PLANNING to do, just because things were delayed in the short term doesn't mean that timeline is not what they originally intended.
    When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Quote Originally Posted by kojinshugi View Post
    So? The timeline is still perfectly legit. It's what they were PLANNING to do, just because things were delayed in the short term doesn't mean that timeline is not what they originally intended.
    We are speaking of Titan only and the perception that it was scheduled for release at that time. MMO's don't come out within 1 or even 2 years of announcement (Titan has never been announced) so the thought that it could be released in 2013 is laughable

---------- Post added 2012-08-09 at 05:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post
    Actually it was 2007 when the speculation started. They didn't really transfer everyone at once.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titan_(...nment_project)

I did remember that talk of the A and B team during BC.
    Ya, thats why I edited it and added the word fully as I coudn't quite remember for sure.
    Last edited by Vanamman; 2012-08-09 at 05:31 AM.
    The days of the carrot on a stick mindset are over. 'You want it? It's right there. Just go get it' Has changed to 'Here, Don't eat it all at once, Aw hell, What do I care?'

10+ Year Old Account
    How the hell do you delay something that has no release date, or for that matter no release year?
    Aye mate

There's nothing shortterm about an entire expansion being delayed a year (SCx1).
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Things were delayed long term (over 1 year) and canceled altogether at least for now (WoW Movie)...

Wow, people are really using D3 release dates etc. to debunk the timeline? it's only what they planned to do, shit gets delayed.

Deleted
    How can something be delayed that doesn't exist - All we know is that Blizzard made all these rumours up, just so we stay tuned to blizzard

I went to wikipedia and Titan is on the list http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blizzard_Entertainment

Quote Originally Posted by NoNameMe View Post
    How can something be delayed that doesn't exist
    I'm probably misunderstanding you, because I thought it would be obvious.

An item isn't created yet, so it does not exist, however it is due to be made on a certain date. However it ends up being created at a later date.

?

once the title is revealed, add 3 years and then make it Q4. Example: name of the game revealed in 2013, rough release date 2016 Q4 (just because of xmas)

How can it be delayed when there hasn't been a release date? Shit, we don't even have a NAME for it! Pointless thread is pointless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoukyaku View Post
    Here let me just leave this on the table for everyone to see for themselves. This is the timeline I was speaking of. It has been published on more than one occassion from Blizzard themselves on MMO Champion.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/view...opic_id=173254
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but Blizzard don't post on the front page of MMO Champion. The list has not been officially released by Blizzard and its purely speculation (albeit well founded speculation) that it is even legitimate.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Do the math? When did D3 release in Winter 2011? When did MoP release in summer 2012?
    Not to Pick Nits but really sept 25th is 4 days after the last day of summer.

Blizz needs to tell us what the darn thing is already. >_>

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    There's nothing shortterm about an entire expansion being delayed a year (SCx1).
    as we all know each game/expansion has its own development team. Starcraft development delays have no impact on WoW developement or Diablo III development or Titan Development. They are independant titles with independant Development Staff.

Deleted
    I think they'll officially reveal it in early 2014 and release it in Q4 2015