Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Alistar, Taric, Blitz for me. Starting to give Sona some attention.

Deleted
    You should be careful with questions like these; people tend to say "hurr i won 10 games as X and X, best supports".

"Best" support is ALWAYS dependant on the enemy team.

Are they burst based? Soraka
    Melee heavy? Janna/Ali
    Strong laners (Cait/Ali)? Either Soraka for imba sustain or Kog/Janna and survive for lategame.
    Is your team low on moblity? Janna/Lulu
    Is your carry a hard carry (Vayne, Kog) and is their jungler more of a farmer than a ganker? Nunu.

I could go on and on, but in the end it's just so many criteria i won't bother to list it all .p

But, a support that's never "wrong" to pick is Alistar, or Taric.

Happy hunting.
    Last edited by mmocd37cb64f78; 2012-08-14 at 12:45 PM.

Sona and Janna are usually my top picks, Lulu and Taric not far behind. I do like Leona too but don't often get a lane partner that can lane with a support who can't shield or heal them.

I'm best at Blitzcrank, Nunu & Alistar. I'm rather an aggressive laner when I support as I can't stand the passiveness of it.

---------- Post added 2012-08-15 at 11:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by athanasios View Post
    You should be careful with questions like these; people tend to say "hurr i won 10 games as X and X, best supports".

"Best" support is ALWAYS dependant on the enemy team.

Are they burst based? Soraka
    Melee heavy? Janna/Ali
    Strong laners (Cait/Ali)? Either Soraka for imba sustain or Kog/Janna and survive for lategame.
    Is your team low on moblity? Janna/Lulu
    Is your carry a hard carry (Vayne, Kog) and is their jungler more of a farmer than a ganker? Nunu.

I could go on and on, but in the end it's just so many criteria i won't bother to list it all .p

But, a support that's never "wrong" to pick is Alistar, or Taric.

Happy hunting.
    Title is a bit misleading. You can see OP asking "who's YOUR best support?", which is more of an opinionated question rather than who the actual best support is. Not that there is any that's the best. It's all situational as you said.

913 ranked games played as "support" blitz, in reality full tank; when I am playing with skilled ad carry every ad+support combinations are doomed to towerhug, only good sivir is challenge; I regulary 1v1 most ad carriers (only good vayne is problem) in early/mid game (especially corki and tristana are my favourite prey - they are overconfident about theirs escaping tools, but 90% of them are unable to use it in right time)

soraka is most boring support and most useless in terms of fighting and supporting ganks

and dont forget pathetic alistar and taric - socalled counters to me - no they are not; particulary in 90% of games alistar is at least 2 times dead before lvl6 due to grab under tower after his overconfident "combo" on me and chasing me near tower

you should know it is JANNAAAAAA!!!!!

I've been using Janna a lot more now. She seems stronger with pug groups.

Deleted
    Janna too stronk. These days I either play Janna or Leona depending on my mood to smash people in the face or not.

Lulu is probably my best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hybr1d View Post
    Best picture ever!

Soraka is my #1 support, Dat triple heal
    #2 being Blitz, "Oh hi enemy!" Q into turret range, Exhaust E "Negative!"