Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Closer it gets to Tuesday...

... the less I am liking the fact they have turned Mages into the Mass Effect 3 ending (same thing, three different colors for the 4 people who didn't hear about the controversy)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftech View Post
    they have turned Mages into the Mass Effect 3 ending
    Please elaborate further. (not about the ME3 ending)
    Last edited by Srg56; 2012-08-27 at 04:30 AM.
    "The best argument against democracy is a five minute scroll through twitter." - Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Srg56 View Post
    Please elaborate further. (not about the ME3 ending)
    As if we mages weren't made fun of enough how 'easy' our class is, with 5.0.4, mage specs become effectively what color do you want your spells to be, not how do you want to play your class. There is even less difference functionality wise the before. Plus, there is really less of a reason to bring a mage anymore when you can bring a warlock who has battle rez or hunter who can misdirect to his pet to tank for a second so someone can rez the tank and save a wipe.

Plus, there is really less of a reason to bring a mage anymore when you can bring a warlock who has battle rez or hunter who can misdirect to his pet to tank for a second so someone can rez the tank and save a wipe.
    Just to point out, that already existed before 5.0. So you're complaining to complain or you're just too lazy to give details.
    Originally Posted by Bashiok
    Is there a term you have for being shown proof and choosing to dismiss it?
    Starting a Monk Blog; Celestial Fists: http://celestialfists.blogspot.com/
    Called Garrosh as end boss: 10/28/2011

Yeah, hunters misdirecting to their pet is something totally new, good point there!
    Last edited by Feel The Power; 2012-08-27 at 05:01 AM.

It has changed arcane back somewhat to what it was in icc. But so what. There are some classes that are the same way. There are minute differences between the classes but so what it was that way before. FYI i play a mage and its my main. I personally dont care but i do like that frost is actually viable or at least thats what i have been hearing.

They gave Arcane a DoT, and Frost a delayed Nuke (if you choose the thematically appropriate mage bomb), and suddenly, some mages think all three mage specs are somehow more identical than they ever were, yet, when I play a Mage on beta, for the first time since the start of World of Warcraft, I feel that Mage specs have never been more unique. Each spec different enough so that I don't get bored out of my mind with the Mage class. After 6 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

im getting more sad the closer we get to tuesday

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    im getting more sad the closer we get to tuesday
    It might be time for gw2

To buy or not to buy.....

Quote Originally Posted by Fathme View Post
    It might be time for gw2

To buy or not to buy.....
    Im quitting games altogether

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Im quitting games altogether

Don't think you can blame video games for you quitting :-P
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Plus, there is really less of a reason to bring a mage anymore..
    Yeah..what raid leader would like a mage or two in his raid who can top the charts.. good point
    Last edited by Jimm3; 2012-08-27 at 09:42 AM.

Deleted
    the more exited I am to start tweaking my addons/specs/gear/reforge to do as much DMG as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Mephalia View Post
    the more exited I am to start tweaking my addons/specs/gear/reforge to do as much DMG as possible.
    This^
    Except I don't have any addons I made :P I am really looking forward to this patch, change is needed and welcome, even tho I don't like all changes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephalia View Post
    1. Arcane having SOMEWHAT of a more complex rotation
    2. Frost being (i dread to say this word cause of the forum debate sparked off by it before) viable for DS raiding
    3. Fire having it's rng cleaved in half, and ignite having a high percentile of damage.

IT'S ALL GOOD IN THE HOOD.

Did we really need another topic about this considering we already have a pretty long one going over whether mages are too homogenised or not?

One can never have to many similar topics... :P

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Unless it's been changed, let's not forget that AI now gives the raid 10% spellpower. That's a pretty good improvement all by itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Max Rebo View Post
    Unless it's been changed, let's not forget that AI now gives the raid 10% spellpower. That's a pretty good improvement all by itself.
    I still don't understand how we went an entire expansion without that being changed.

I'm having a stupid amount of fun as Fire on the beta at the moment, and I was already having quite fun on Live as Fire as well (With a lot of frustration dotted around because Impact was a piece of shit, and crit dependency was annoying). Inferno blast giving you a degree of control over instant Pyros (hit IBlast while Heating Up is up, and you'll get instant pyro while your potential non-crit FBall is still in-air.). Currently Pyroblast is my #1 damage source by several %, it's fun and hectic to keep the instants rolling.

Doing 45k DPS single target self-buffed for as long as I could be arsed on the Beta, that with 180ms latency too...

I literally can not wait to go do a DS HC farm run on my mage next raid.

Don't care if it's easy, easier, hard, harder, I only really care that I'm having a blast. And I am!
    Last edited by Mythricia; 2012-08-28 at 04:18 AM.
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like more than half of you more than you deserve.