Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedbastard View Post
    Sorry but thats really sad imo, buying your wife a computer as wedding gift.. Good one.
    If it's what she wants/likes, who are you to tell them that it's sad?

Quote Originally Posted by zeelic View Post
    She came to me and told me she would love a beast of a gaming rig for a wedding gift, so why wouldn't I get her one if it is what "she" wants instead of something she does not?
    When you get married, you become the man of the house. Why on earth would you not get her a gaming rig, and a netbook?

Man up, there is a difference in what she wants, and what she needs.

We have what we need so I fail to see the issue lol. As long as she knows her place is still in the kitchen .....-hides-.... I will get slugged for that one later <3. Also when you get married you become as one not king of the castle, that mind set leads to more divorces then not.

We have what we need so I fail to see the issue lol. As long as she knows her place is still in the kitchen .....-hides-.... I will get slugged for that one later <3. Also when you get married you become as one not king of the castle, that mind set leads to more divorces then not.
    You better hide, you will NEVER FORGET YOU SAID THAT, NEVER.

PS King of castle, or your doing it wrong.

I think she would be happier with a big fat diamond ring. Or a nice car

But yeah, if she really wants a computer, thats your loss tbh.

Na we are both not those kind of people, getting married on Halloween kinda shows that. Also I am taking her away for a week for our honeymoon to Paris, so I feel like a good husband =P. Also it is not my lose if we are both happy... I find trying to live by what other deem the proper way to live ones life, is a poor attempt to be happy.
    Last edited by zeelic; 2012-08-10 at 11:12 AM.

if she really wants a computer, thats your loss tbh.
    Yes, because a diamond ring would be a much better investment. Screw what she wants, get her something that she can show off to her friends that serves no practical purpose and that she did not want in the first place.
    ...... some people. Jesus. "You're getting her something she wants instead of something cliche and useless? You prick." Really?

Deleted
    A mate of mine had same heating issue, it turned out that guildwars 2 took active control of his gfx drivers and would run the fan at 30% instead of 100% which he needed cuz he runs SLI and thereby overheat his gfxcards to a point where they couldnt take it. Could be a fan issue with guildwars if the drivers arent up to date.

Deleted
    On a better note on the 13th of September I will be buying her a proper gaming rig for a early Birthday/wedding gift that should have no problem running any games she plays on max setting while keeping a high fps. ^^
    To contrast some more... shall we say imposing opinions, I'll say that it's a great idea. If she likes games, that's a vastly better gift than flowers, jewelry or a car. Tailor the present to the recipient and not the supplier, so to speak.

@Jigain I agree... I rather know the gift I am giving someone is what they want and will enjoy many times over, then to buy something that may end up being stored on the top self.

Deleted
    But yeah, if she really wants a computer, thats your loss tbh.
    I'd die for a wife who loves gaming over useless rings any day.
    Grow up, zeelic is perfectly happy; you're in no place to judge a happy fiancée.

I am indeed happy and nothing beats having a gamer wife. I would rather be at home spending time with her doing something we both love to do together, instead of going out to a bar or club and wasting money on things neither of us enjoys.. also believe it or not she feels the same. Back on topic tho I just talked to my brother who works on PC's for a living and he says it shouldn't be anything else but a heating issue, most likely it just needs to be clean. Right now GW2 takes a lot of resource to run until it is fully optimized and the debugger and other program's they have running in the background are removed so it does create a a lot of stress on most rigs.
    Last edited by zeelic; 2012-08-10 at 11:40 AM.

Deleted
    I had issues aswell... Guessing it was from CPU overheating...(?) My computer did not shut down but it sounded like the cooling system / fan was going to fly out from the chassi, never had any issues like that with other games (Wow on ultra for expamle) it has always been quiet as a mouse. But I'm really no computer expert so I hope they can fix it till launch. Had no problems what so ever during BW1 & BW2. The problem started at BW3 and were still there in last nights stress test :/ Quad core i5 2500k with nVidia GTX560 card (with the beta drivers). Funny thing is a friend of mine who plays on a waaaaaaaay older machine had big issues during BW1 & BW2 but was running smoothly on BW3 and the stress test

Quote Originally Posted by Eidal View Post
    I had issues aswell... Guessing it was from CPU overheating...(?) My computer did not shut down but it sounded like the cooling system / fan was going to fly out from the chassi, never had any issues like that with other games (Wow on ultra for expamle) it has always been quiet as a mouse. But I'm really no computer expert so I hope they can fix it till launch. Had no problems what so ever during BW1 & BW2. The problem started at BW3 and were still there in last nights stress test :/ Quad core i5 2500k with nVidia GTX560 card (with the beta drivers). Funny thing is a friend of mine who plays on a waaaaaaaay older machine had big issues during BW1 & BW2 but was running smoothly on BW3 and the stress test
    Was vsync enabled or disabled? You may have had over 60FPS, and your computer may have been working harder than it needed to. There was a large performance increase (I was getting 80-100 FPS with vsync off instead of 60-70) so that could potentially be it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Was vsync enabled or disabled? You may have had over 60FPS, and your computer may have been working harder than it needed to. There was a large performance increase (I was getting 80-100 FPS with vsync off instead of 60-70) so that could potentially be it.
    Oh... Well to be honest I have absolutely no idea how to check that :<

Deleted
    Thats a quite powerful laptop. I would get a http://www.techmynd.com/wp-content/u...op-cooler1.jpg
    It will make your computer survive longer (laptops don't last long if used for gaming 6+ hours a day)

But won't help much if you system is clogged with dust, one of my friends had lags+shutdowns in all games with his laptop (no warrenty left on it).
    So we decided to open it, in it we found the fan clogged with 1cm of dust, we cleaned it and now he doesn't have problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Eidal View Post
    Oh... Well to be honest I have absolutely no idea how to check that :<
    Just go through your graphical settings ingame, find vsync, and make sure it is enabled.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Just go through your graphical settings ingame, find vsync, and make sure it is enabled.
    Ok, will do! Thanks Delias... Have to stay up and test it on the coming stress test. Really hope it's something simple as that. I'll send you a jar of catnip treats if it works

Deleted
    @Eidal
    Download program called FurMark
    www_geeks3d.com/20120510/furmark-1-10-1-gpu-burn-in-stress-test-videocard-geforce-radeon/

Turn on Burn-in test and leave it for quite a few minutes and see how hight the temperature goes
    It will give you an answer to the question - should I clean my computer or not yet ;]

PS
    change _ for . as I cant post links yet :P

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zipzo View Post
    Why do I seriously doubt that the problem is my computer...I have played higher taxing games for hours (even other MMORPGs with just as if not better graphic capability), and my computer overheats and explodes on low settings in GW2? My settings are also above the requirements they specify.

Not really adding up.
    You came here to ask....Don't ask if you doN,t want answers...What the guys are telling you makes sense...