Battle Pets - Does it get interesting?

I am messing around with battle pets on the beta, so things can obviously still change, but I am noticing as I level up its getting a bit boring. I'm not QQing, but just wondering if it improves. All the battle pets I can catch are pretty much the same all the way through, mostly snakes and spiders, throw in a frog, rabbit, armadillo, or beetle here and there for good measure. it was pretty cool at first, but seeing the same thing through each zone is getting boring...

So, my question is, does it get more interesting through different zones/continents, etc?
    Your face when the Scoundrel is Gallagher.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, not really. There are very few models, mostly recolors. You will get 10 different frogs, squirrels etc. And abilities are roughly the same too, just different names - summon 3 mice or summon 3 cockroaches... all the difference
    However if you are ok with grinds, shouldn't have a problem. If you hate seeing same thing over and and over but still want to do pet battles, level your pets with the find random pet battle option.

I find that a lot of the capturable pets, save the select rare ones like the Flayer Youngling and the Minfernal, are fairly bland. There are rare and unique ones out there. That said, the interesting part of pet battles, for me, is the construction of a team composition from the non-capturable pets that I own, and finding ones that have good synergy or strategies in a battle.