Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AFK-Champion View Post
    Again, some turretspawning yordle turd will ever be seen only in case he's heavily overpowered, as it's not the kind of character that's really enjoyable unless the person is some kind of hipster that needs to be different.
    With the lack of any support releases recently ( I believe the only commonly used support released "lately" was Lulu and before that Leona and then Sona (2010!). I would really like to see Karma made something that can work efficiently. That's for game mechanics.

Graphic-wise it's already slap in the face that relatively OK char was done before triangle-hoof monster :<.
    Yes because clearly, actual turret gameplay couldn't be enjoyable for aaaaaaaaanyone.

Probably my favorite champion and my most played, going to be so happy if they actually make her competitive in higher elo games and competitive play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Both Scarra and Tiensi are disappointed by the rework. Her already shaky early game is a lot weaker now, but her Mid-Late are stronger thanks to getting another skill. Still, laning with her was already risky enough. Also fuck the Shunpo nerf, so wrong.

How is her early game weaker? Her Q can now bounce the max amount of times right away so harassing should be easier. And what was the nerf to Shunpo? Did they nerf the damage?
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Yes because clearly, actual turret gameplay couldn't be enjoyable for aaaaaaaaanyone.
    If that's so, there'd be ton of em running around at least in normals, not happening. Only minority likes it (and minority is always vocal majority), that makes him very niche character popularity wise.
    Her Q can now bounce the max amount of times right away so harassing should be easier
    You now have to activate it to deal some respectable damage. But since it costs 0 mana/energy/life I fail to see how that's problem. Suck to be melee and have to melee, but what the hell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AFK-Champion View Post
    If that's so, there'd be ton of em running around at least in normals, not happening. Only minority likes it (and minority is always vocal majority), that makes him very niche character popularity wise.
    Being a part of a minority =/= being a hipster though.
    Also, you can call normals as un-serious as you want but champion weakness is exactly why Evelynn has been underplayed even there for so long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post
    How is her early game weaker? Her Q can now bounce the max amount of times right away so harassing should be easier. And what was the nerf to Shunpo? Did they nerf the damage?
    It does a lot less damage. Shunpo is on a much higher CD and does a lot less damage. Basically you can only use Shunpo if you want to all in. That's it. The CD is too long for you to recklessly use. Unless you think 100% you can kill this person and get the reset, it's too risky. Your laning is much more passive and it's easier to bully you out of lane now.

New Shunpo: 40/70/100/130/160 (+0.4) - Cooldown: 14 Seconds.
    Old Shunpo: 80 / 120 / 160 / 200 / 240 (+0.75 per ability power) - Cooldown: 10 / 9 / 8 / 7 / 6 seconds

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    It does a lot less damage. Shunpo is on a much higher CD and does a lot less damage. Basically you can only use Shunpo if you want to all in. That's it. The CD is too long for you to recklessly use. Unless you think 100% you can kill this person and get the reset, it's too risky. Your laning is much more passive and it's easier to bully you out of lane now.

New Shunpo: 40/70/100/130/160 (+0.4) - Cooldown: 14 Seconds.
    Old Shunpo: 80 / 120 / 160 / 200 / 240 (+0.75 per ability power) - Cooldown: 10 / 9 / 8 / 7 / 6 seconds
    Full patch notes have just been released and the new Shunpo is actually -
    Shunpo

14/12/10/8/6 second cooldown
    Moves to a target's location. Deals 40/70/100/130/160 (+0.5 Ability Power) magic damage if the target is an enemy
    After using Shunpo, Katarina gains 20% damage reduction for 3 seconds

So full rank, Shunpo is the same cooldown and the nerf to damage is obviously justifiable because of the 20% damage reduction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strifus View Post
    Full patch notes have just been released and the new Shunpo is actually -
    Shunpo

14/12/10/8/6 second cooldown
    Moves to a target's location. Deals 40/70/100/130/160 (+0.5 Ability Power) magic damage if the target is an enemy
    After using Shunpo, Katarina gains 20% damage reduction for 3 seconds

So full rank, Shunpo is the same cooldown and the nerf to damage is obviously justifiable because of the 20% damage reduction.
    Full rank. 4 second difference is still big in laning, where her problems are. Are you saying that losing literally 40-50 base damage and .25 scaling obviously justifiable? I don't really think so. The problem still remains. Her laning phase which was already iffy against most champions before is now even iffier.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    Full rank. 4 second difference is still big in laning, where her problems are. Are you saying that losing literally 40-50 base damage and .25 scaling obviously justifiable? I don't really think so. The problem still remains. Her laning phase which was already iffy against most champions before is now even iffier.
    Out of curiosity, how much damage does her QWE do compared to her old QWE? Both base damage and scaling, I mean.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    Out of curiosity, how much damage does her QWE do compared to her old QWE? Both base damage and scaling, I mean.
    Late game she does more, simply because she has an additional spell to use. Early game not as much. There was some math on the Forums where it compared previous numbers to now.

I really like the new Kata. She still has problems and needs to be buffed a little for early game - she has quite possibly the lowest early game damage in the game atm, but if you're able to snowball and as you progress into late game she becomes rather more fun.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

15+ Year Old Account
    If you value your life, be somewhere else
    I tried her on PBE (since I don't have her on live), and honestly I've never felt so useless in my entire LoL career. Having a champion with no CC that is susceptible to CC on top of that is just... Not for me.
    In Soviet Russia banks rob you! Oh, wait a second...

She's more fluid to play, but her immediate burst is a little lower. You sort of need to wait until you've got both Q and W ranked up a bit to really start doing damage. The risks of 'harassing' so early is that you push the lane, if they can poke you off minions then you end up losing more than you would farming under your turret. If she can get an assist or kill in a team fight she is very strong, but getting past the bruisers to the squishies will still be a small issue.

Have to admit I love her new clearing potential though.

Could she potentially be viable as a jungler with W - Q - W - E - W - R and then R > W > Q > E?

Deleted
    She probably could jungle, there's just no real point. She's definitely not going to be fast enough to be a farm jungler, she won't contribute enough to ganks to be a ganker and if she invades she'll just get stomped by OPbruisers.

Well she could have potentially great sustain once she gets a gunblade and I imagine her ganks are fine if set up right. There are probably better junglers but then why play Kata at all because theres probably slightly superior mids.

Deleted
    I'm not saying you shouldn't play her as a jungle. I can make all kinds of statements about the viability of a certain tactic but I can't estimate player desire. Go ahead and do whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post
    Well she could have potentially great sustain once she gets a gunblade and I imagine her ganks are fine if set up right. There are probably better junglers but then why play Kata at all because theres probably slightly superior mids.
    'Great sustain once she gets a gunblade'. Look that sentence over once again and then try to say that with a straight face. If it takes 3.6k gold to get your sustain sorted out, then what the hell are you doing in the jungle?

Fair enough. Adequate sustain once she gets a revolver then, which is significantly less difficult.

Okay, yeah, I get that she probably isn't a viable jungler but it would be pretty fun...