Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by High General Turalyon View Post
    Thanks for your support, son.

The Light watch over you.
    If Turalyon returned to the warcraft lore...

I'd probably have to reroll alliance. :X

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda a poor rendition of Turalyon...he was the only one of the original Paladins that wasn't a Zealot. Also he is a WoW character, not a 14th century knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Arator the redeemer
    I was only an infant when my father was deployed to this wasteland. All that I have ever known of him is what others have told me.

Do your dreams change, Dreaderick? Mine do not. I have one dream: A crimson skyline envelops me as Legion, numbering beyond comprehension, battle in the distance. I kneel before the body of a man, presumably my father, and weep. As he is gasping for air, his body wholly crushed, he whispers something. Despite every effort, I am unable to hear what he is trying to tell me.
    No Turalyon, you stay the hell away, you come back you die! You're son sees it in his dreams every night! As long as you're not here you're not dead!
    Last edited by Dreaderick; 2012-08-10 at 09:38 PM. Reason: i still can't spell

I don't get it. He's important? Shouldn't we be talking about pandas?

Deleted
    It interests me greatly how you located an internet port on those harsh planets General Turalyon, did you take your Iphone with you?

---------- Post added 2012-08-10 at 10:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rickmagnus View Post
    Kinda a poor rendition of Turalyon...he was the only one of the original Paladins that wasn't a Zealot. Also he is a WoW character, not a 14th century knight.
    Add magic, dragons, orcs/trolls/tauren/undead/goblins/elves/dwarves and squid people to the 14th century and you have world of warcraft .... just on a different planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyxxi View Post
    It interests me greatly how you located an internet port on those harsh planets General Turalyon, did you take your Iphone with you?
    I dunno I think he's more of a droid or blackberry kinda guy, iCult seems more like something Arch Bishop Benedictus would use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    The thought of Anduin being the Alliance's new hero makes me throw up in my mouth a bit.

---------- Post added 2012-08-10 at 09:27 PM ----------

Also I heard there's a back door entrance for the Quel'dorei to come to Darnassus through. The archway is really low and requires crawling on your hands and knees. It is also full of muck. But they are welcome to return (through this entry way only)
    He's not so bad. And you can take your false sense of night elf superiority and throw it down an ogre latrine where it belongs. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    No there isn't, they are nothing but scattered remainder of a broken people, they are relics clinging desperately to ages of glory, long since past, leaving them with no future. All they have left is regret, soon the remaining High elves will vanish for their already scarce numbers are dwindling constantly.
    Lands of Conflict lists Stormwind as a Population of 200,000 with 1/10th of that being High Elf.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    Lands of Conflict lists Stormwind as a Population of 200,000 with 1/10th of that being High Elf.
    Lands of conflict is non canon though, yet every other source states that high elves barely are a race, since so few of them are left.

I quote

In consequence, there are so few high elves left on Azeroth today that they cannot be considered a race in anything other than the biological sense. High elves do not gather in any significant numbers, nor do they act as a coordinated whole. They are a very small group of individuals scattered all over the world. As such, they do not have common opinions or goals. Indeed, modern high elves cannot even truly be said to have a culture--only a past filled with glory and regret.[9]

As a people, the high elves are all but extinct: the remnants of the remnants of a fallen race.[10]

Quote Originally Posted by Ximinez View Post
    He's not so bad. And you can take your false sense of night elf superiority and throw it down an ogre latrine where it belongs. :P
    He's terrible, absolutely and utterly terrible. And it's not a false sense, besides I don't think Night Elves should share the same space as Horde supremacists, they can occupy the ogre latrine all day long. They literally live in them anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lands of conflict is non canon though, yet every other source states that high elves barely are a race, since so few of them are left.
    The numbers have never been retconned, also where did you get the above quote from?

10+ Year Old Account
    Who's Gifi?

10+ Year Old Account
    He's terrible, absolutely and utterly terrible. And it's not a false sense, besides I don't think Night Elves should share the same space as Horde supremacists, they can occupy the ogre latrine all day long. They literally live in them anyways.
    Blind night elf fanaticism. Watch out people. They're dangerous.

The numbers have never been retconned, also where did you get the above quote from?
    The rpg books are all non canon and lands of conflict is a rpg book, which means the numbers are non canon otherwise the blood elves would make up two thirds of the horde.

http://www.wowpedia.org/High_elf#cite_note-9

Wowpedia has it from the warcraft encyclopedia, which used to be on the wow website.

10+ Year Old Account
    They've been retconned twice to my count; one of the authors made an errata to the number (he said the extra 0 on the end of all Stormwind's denizens was a typo), and then "Ask Creative Development" denounced all RPG content as non-canon unless explicitly stated elsewhere.

Pretty sure the quote is from the Warcraft Encyclopedia, the little info bible for TBC they had on their website before the switch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    If Turalyon returned to the warcraft lore...

I'd probably have to reroll alliance. :X
    The Alliance will rise to its former glory my friend. Stay faithful and serve your king as your fathers have done before you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickmagnus View Post
    You presume to tell me what manner of man I am?!
    The annals of the kingdom would suggest otherwise.
    Azeroth is in danger, and you haven't seen what I've seen. You haven't glimpsed into the demon's eyes and watched the world burn. You haven't seen what lies resting beneath Orgrimmar.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaderick View Post
    No Turalyon, you stay the hell away, you come back you die! You're son sees it in his dreams every night! As long as you're not here you're not dead!
    I see...
    I will have to consider this. But the Light is strong, and I trust that it holds a greater purpose for me than to die at the threshold of my own home.
    Thank you for your concern, my friend. I will remember your name.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyxxi View Post
    It interests me greatly how you located an internet port on those harsh planets General Turalyon, did you take your Iphone with you?[COLOR="red"]
    What, pray tell, is this 'internet' of which you speak? The seal of the letter which you hold in your hand is an enchanted seal. It is of utmost importance that you bring it to your king.

As a people, the high elves are all but extinct: the remnants of the remnants of a fallen race.[10]
    And yet the Silver Covenant is a rep giving faction dedicated entirely to their race and a strong counter against the Blood Elf influence in Dalaran. There are also plenty of High Elf pilgrims returning to the purified Sunwell, as well serving in Alliance military operations in Outland, Theramore, the Hinterlands, and even working with Ironforge and Darnassus. You can't say with certainty what their numbers are because there's a lot of conflicting information. Dwindling yes, extinct? no. I doubt there would be a major faction dedicated to less than 100 individuals. Thousands seems plenty for a race; how many Darkspears are there?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by High General Turalyon View Post
    The Alliance will rise to its former glory my friend. Stay faithful and serve your king as your fathers have done before you.
    Yeah about this, and your previous Lordaeron comments, I'm guessing no one told you?

Also Bulter I stand corrected, and Zael the RPG one was then backed up again when they released the WoWRPG book and listed SW as still having a 200k pop.

Pretty sure the post about the RPG books later was "We take bits from it, and we retcon the bits we don't like" I never read the book where the "remnants of the remnants" line comes from.

And yet the Silver Covenant is a rep giving faction dedicated entirely to their race and a strong counter against the Blood Elf influence in Dalaran. There are also plenty of High Elf pilgrims returning to the purified Sunwell, as well serving in Alliance military operations in Outland, Theramore, the Hinterlands, and even working with Ironforge and Darnassus. You can't say with certainty what their numbers are because there's a lot of conflicting information. Dwindling yes, extinct? no. I doubt there would be a major faction dedicated to 100 less than 100 individuals. Thousands seems plenty for a race; how many Darkspears are there?
    This was an actual quote. There simply aren't many high elves left lorewise 1% of the entire elven population pre scourge invasion remained high elves and that number has been decreasing ever since, the greatest loss was the fall of Quel'Lithien Lodge and the fall of theramore will cost them again.

Pretty sure the post about the RPG books later was "We take bits from it, and we retcon the bits we don't like" I never read the book where the "remnants of the remnants" line comes from.
    It's from Night of the Dragon

10+ Year Old Account
    It's from Night of the Dragon
    Yeah I skipped that one, I knew I missed one between the Sunwell trilogy and Rise.