Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

I was in a good mood today until...

I started playing WoW.

Yep. Qued for a random dungeon on my level 87 alt, did a bunch of quests while I waited for the pop.
    Those quests got me like 1 bar of XP? lol.
    Dungeon pops, everything goes ok, no one speaks to anyone else, i'm doing my frost mage thing, topping the dps and killing teh bad stuff..
    During second boss fight the priest healer who apparently is a real tool is telling me to sheep one of the adds which I had already sheeped and now has the enrage on it which means it cannot be cc'd for a certain amount of time, so I ignored him and sheeped it again when it was possible.
    While it can't be sheeped hes crying at me and telling me to sheep it and counterspell it.
    I get a pst from him after the boss is killed that reads "learn to play mage", so it voted to kick him with the message "Healer is a jerk, psting me learn to play".
    I figured the group would either not care or they would actually see I was doing my bit and would vote to kick him.
    It didn't pass. No biggie, kept moving on and as the group jumped on to that ridiculous excuse for an elevator that goes up and down real fast without stopping, I missed it and 10 seconds later as I was heading up on the next rise, I was removed from the group.

These situations happen all too often and although in the grand scheme of things it's not a big deal, the principle is that i refuse to play with people who treat others like crap and insult random people in groups and raids and instead of them being punished for it, I am the one removed the group...

I make a solid attempt to be a good addition to any group or raid I join in terms of doing my job, doing good dps and having a good attitude, but so many other whiny kids or jerks with bad attitudes ruin it for me, and being a casual these days because i don't have hours to throw away to this game every day, I will not pay money that I have earned to be put in groups and raids with these sorts of people.

Hopefully Titan is released sooner than later and we can all have an epic gaming experience once again.

Peace.

sidenote: i am eager to see what sorts of replies i get to this post, i'm sure some might be a good example of what i'm referring to.
    Last edited by Chareoss; 2013-01-25 at 06:47 AM.

complainer

Infracted. Please post constructively.
    Last edited by Rivellana; 2013-01-25 at 12:47 PM.
    Think for yourself.

Deleted
    I was in good mood until a family member of mine died couple weeks ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kazih View Post
    Jesus. That escalated quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

I understand your frustration and those types of people can be really annoying, but what is there to discuss? It just looks like you're fishing for aggressive responses.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Deleted
    Yeah I know how you feel, this sort of stuff happens to me all too often as well, but unfortunately it is just the nature of dungeon finder, going into a dungeon with 4 people you don't know is always going to be a roll of the dice.

Best I can offer you is to simply go with friends or not talk to anyone at all, idiots will always be idiots, you just have to find the people worth playing with, or find the strength to ignore them, but yeah, I know it's hard to sometimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Shouldn't have jokingly voted to have the healer kicked thats why I sit there and do my job ignoring everything else.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, I don't really want to sound rude, but I don't care and I imagine others won't either.

Sharing your sob story with us isn't going to change anything, so if you're unhappy with the game, just stop playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kazih View Post
    Great response.

Seriously noone here really has anything to add here because youve offered nothing to reply too.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Shouldn't have jokingly voted to have the healer kicked thats why I sit there and do my job ignoring everything else.
    The vote to kick him was not a joke. He was being a tool, and i thought he deserved to be kicked.

---------- Post added 2013-01-25 at 06:52 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Barlie830 View Post
    I mean, I don't really want to sound rude, but I don't care and I imagine others won't either.

Sharing your sob story with us isn't going to change anything, so if you're unhappy with the game, just stop playing.
    You don't care but the reason you read and replied to this post was? And i made it quite clear in my post that I am done with the game, so why are you telling me to stop playing when..... I am? lol

---------- Post added 2013-01-25 at 06:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Great response.

Seriously noone here really has anything to add here because youve offered nothing to reply too.
    If no one has anything to add, why reply to the post instead of letting it fade away?
    Last edited by Chareoss; 2013-01-25 at 06:54 AM.

He cared enough to post about why he didn't care.

It all makes sense if you don't think about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chareoss View Post
    You don't care but the reason you read and replied to this post was?
    I just hope that someday, you and others who make threads like this one will realize how simple it is to relieve your frustrations and stress: stop playing the game.

This thread is only going to add to your anger when everyone else who is pissed off at the game joins in on the whiny circlejerk.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Yeah I know how you feel, this sort of stuff happens to me all too often as well, but unfortunately it is just the nature of dungeon finder, going into a dungeon with 4 people you don't know is always going to be a roll of the dice.

Best I can offer you is to simply go with friends or not talk to anyone at all, idiots will always be idiots, you just have to find the people worth playing with, or find the strength to ignore them, but yeah, I know it's hard to sometimes.
    Good insight, but the problem i have is that people don't seem to want to group together anymore for things like random heroics.. So many guilds just log on to raid and then do their own thing, unless a dps wants a tank or healer for a quicker que.

Most of my friends have quit and yesterday I spent 30 minutes advertising for a tank or healer to que up for raid finder or random heroic with my geared hunter. I got 0 replies in trade at a busy time.

The vote to kick him was not a joke. He was being a tool, and i thought he deserved to be kicked.
    Assuming you are telling the whole truth (the mechanics are right at least), the trick to getting rid of a jerk healer is to put the vote on them and insult yourself INCLUDING the word "mage", something like "terribad mage can't CC".

I'm probably going to catch crap for this post, but it works and gets rid of problem people, espicially when it's 3 matched up with 2 so that no one can kick anything. I'll admit, I get an evil glee out of watching/making a dps kick their guild healer.

Quote Originally Posted by Barlie830 View Post
    I just hope that someday, you and others who make threads like this one will realize how simple it is to relieve your frustrations and stress: stop playing the game.

This thread is only going to add to your anger when everyone else who is pissed off at the game joins in on the whiny circlejerk.
    Your replies are not making me angry... it's just reassuring me i'm making the right decision to stop playing.

Like i said, you can just as easily read the post, not care, and decide not to bother with an insulting reply. Just sayin.
    Last edited by Chareoss; 2013-01-25 at 07:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you maybe tell him that CC doesn't work when they enrage?

I haven't felt much of anything since my guinea pig died.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your replies are not making me angry... it's just reassuring me i'm making the right decision to stop playing.

Like i said, you can just as easily read the post, not care, and decide not to bother with an insulting reply. Just sayin. Welcome to a forum.
    I'm not trying to make you angry. I'm not trying to be your enemy.

I get the fact that you're upset with how the game is and you don't want to play anymore, but honestly, there are many of these threads everyday and all they do is attract negativity.

I'm sorry that you think I'm trying to insult you, but I'm really just trying to explain that nothing good will come of this, so just take a break and don't even think about your unfortunate experience.

Hopefully Titan is released sooner than later and we can all have an epic gaming experience once again.
    Titan wont be any different if it involves random grouping. This is a fact. It would be naive to think otherwise. In the beginning everything will be fine but as the game evolves we will eventually end up in the same situation as WoW instancing.

As I see it, the problem is rather that you let pixels and megabytes get to you.

Basicly:

This picture pretty much sums it up

Z.
    Last edited by Zhira; 2013-01-25 at 07:05 AM. Reason: Typos

10+ Year Old Account
    I started playing WoW.

Yep. Qued for a random dungeon on my level 87 alt, did a bunch of quests while I waited for the pop.
    Those quests got me like 1 bar of XP? lol.
    Dungeon pops, everything goes ok, no one speaks to anyone else, i'm doing my frost mage thing, topping the dps and killing teh bad stuff..
    During second boss fight the priest healer who apparently is a real tool is telling me to sheep one of the adds which I had already sheeped and now has the enrage on it which means it cannot be cc'd for a certain amount of time, so I ignored him and sheeped it again when it was possible.
    While it can't be sheeped hes crying at me and telling me to sheep it and counterspell it.
    I get a pst from him after the boss is killed that reads "learn to play mage", so it voted to kick him with the message "Healer is a jerk, psting me learn to play".
    I figured the group would either not care or they would actually see I was doing my bit and would vote to kick him.
    It didn't pass. No biggie, kept moving on and as the group jumped on to that ridiculous excuse for an elevator that goes up and down real fast without stopping, I missed it and 10 seconds later as I was heading up on the next rise, I was removed from the group.

These situations happen all too often and although in the grand scheme of things it's not a big deal, the principle is that i refuse to play with people who treat others like crap and insult random people in groups and raids and instead of them being punished for it, I am the one removed the group...

I make a solid attempt to be a good addition to any group or raid I join in terms of doing my job, doing good dps and having a good attitude, but so many other whiny kids or jerks with bad attitudes ruin it for me, and being a casual these days because i don't have hours to throw away to this game every day, I will not pay money that I have earned to be put in groups and raids with these sorts of people.

Peace.

sidenote: i am eager to see what sorts of replies i get to this post, i'm sure some might be a good example of what i'm referring to.
    2 thoughts:

One, sounds like you ended up with some douchebags, and for that I'm sorry.

Two, and no offense, but you're clueless if you think a new MMO will change anything about the way people act online. It isn't like Titan is going to come out and reset people. Assholes will always be assholes regardless of the polygons they're staring at.

10+ Year Old Account

Like i said, you can just as easily read the post, not care, and decide not to bother with an insulting reply. Just sayin.
    You made a thread expecting that everyone in it will agree with you? really? Welcome to the forums.

Also bringing negativity to other people doesnt help your situation, just cancel, leave this forum , and be happy

Also sorry this might sound a bit rude but, you are so 100% clueless if you think theres no douchbags on other mmorpgs or online game overall..
    Last edited by Shampro; 2013-01-25 at 07:17 AM.