Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Awake709 View Post
    All I have to say is WOW! This was my first time playing GW2 and I have to say:

The game play is fluid, music is very good, the landscape is aesthetically beautiful and the features so far are awesome. Dynamic Events are probably the coolest thing I done in a video game within the past 5 years, I believe the hype. This game WILL take a dent out of the Blizzard community and ANet really got their stuff together with this game, videos and Screenshots don't do this game justice. If you haven't bought it yet then I suggest you go and purchase it right now!

Time to go do some Hall of Monuments on the old Guild Wars 1 account.

14 days. 14 days. 14 days.
    Its good you enjoy GW2, i love it. But stop with all that it will put a dent in wow crap. Cause it will not and further more MoP is lookin like blizz best expansion content wise. Many players will return for that. Im happy cause i will be playin both. See my signature

Deleted
    For those that have never played gw2 yet and are thinking about jumping into the test tonight, just dont.. it wount give you a fair picture of the game and how it runs. Stress test runs a lot worse then the beta weekends and a lot worse then how the game will run on release day becouse they are doing lots of work in the background, testing diffrent settings and such. So yea dont go in to the game and get an unfair picture of everything.. just wait until the game goes live in a couple of weeks

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't even notice that another stress test is happening today :O Nice!
    Arukas

10+ Year Old Account
    This may sound corny but GW2 makes me feel like a hero and I haven't felt that way in a long, long time.
    Valar morghulis

Deleted
    If you are used to playing WoW, character movement feels a bit weird in the beginning but I got used to it very quick. Keyboard turning is even slower than in WoW tho and it doesn't feel natural but that's just my opinion (I use mouse tho) It's realy a lovely game and finnaly a big change in comparison with other MMO's. Worth a try for the people who didn't get the chance to play it yet!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arukas View Post
    Didn't even notice that another stress test is happening today :O Nice!
    same here xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Good to hear OP, welcome to the club

The reason GW2 will succeed where all other supposed "wow killers" have failed is because of it's name. It is a pretty well established game, people KNOW the name. Not to mention it has beautiful graphics and a world that is both realistic and magical. The gameplay is dynamic and it puts a spin on things that makes them new yet retaining the feel that all gamers love. Heres to hoping it gives WoW a serious run for its money .

Quote Originally Posted by Miah View Post
    I thought it was very nice in the graphics department. The questing reminded me of Warhammer PQs strung together which is a good thing since I liked Warhammer. The things I didn't like were: I never felt used to my characters movements, seems a lil clunky. I negotiated a tight stairwell up a windmill and the camera was disastrous to the point of me banging into walls and handrails. Hopefully this is Stress test related or something but my characters movement was far from fluid for my likes.
    I think this is just a question of habit. This discussion came out multiple times and the opinion is really split — some people say the animation is clunky, other say that its fine. Personally, I think that GW2 characters are novel in the sense that their movement actually has inertia — this is quite different from other MMOs and might be the reason they appear clunky. The only character I don't enjoy looking at is norn because they appear so slow because of their massive size...

---------- Post added 2012-08-10 at 05:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    For those that have never played gw2 yet and are thinking about jumping into the test tonight, just dont.. it wount give you a fair picture of the game and how it runs. Stress test runs a lot worse then the beta weekends and a lot worse then how the game will run on release day becouse they are doing lots of work in the background, testing diffrent settings and such. So yea dont go in to the game and get an unfair picture of everything.. just wait until the game goes live in a couple of weeks
    Well, aside from some connection issues, the yesterday's stress test was the most polished GW2 experience ever (and I was there for each single event). My fps increased 100% compared to the last event and many annoying bugs were eliminated. If the release is as smooth as the yesterday stess test, then I don't have any worries at all

Quote Originally Posted by spinalc0rd View Post
    Its good you enjoy GW2, i love it. But stop with all that it will put a dent in wow crap. Cause it will not and further more MoP is lookin like blizz best expansion content wise. Many players will return for that. Im happy cause i will be playin both. See my signature
    Oh gosh, a Ret Pally...
    I feel like Ret Pallies are high schoolers about to go to college. The dad is all "Healing college, or tanking college, those are your choices!" and the Pally goes "I dont want YOUR life, dad!"

But anyway...hahaha. GW2 is going to be a lot of fun. I'm sure MoP will be good fun too. And if D3 1.0.4 comes out, I'm hoping that'd make the game more fun to play (since it really isn't that fun right now =/). But out of them all, I'm going to chill with GW2 for a long while!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mafao View Post
    Well, aside from some connection issues, the yesterday's stress test was the most polished GW2 experience ever (and I was there for each single event). My fps increased 100% compared to the last event and many annoying bugs were eliminated. If the release is as smooth as the yesterday stess test, then I don't have any worries at all
    I agree it runs pretty good, but theres still a long way to go, and i really wouldent want people to go in there and maybe be one of those that runs on a system that havent been looked over yet by the devs and get a horrible experience but yes if you actually know what a stress test is for, go ahead and log on (im butthurt by the amount of people in the ingame chat complaining about how bad the game runs(doh))

When does the stress test start for GMT?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rzy View Post
    When does the stress test start for GMT?
    5 hours from now

5 hours from now
    Starts @ 11 tonight?

Deleted
    Starts @ 11 tonight?
    where? i know its at 1 here

where? i know its at 1 here
    GMT so uk/portugal

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree it runs pretty good, but theres still a long way to go, and i really wouldent want people to go in there and maybe be one of those that runs on a system that havent been looked over yet by the devs and get a horrible experience but yes if you actually know what a stress test is for, go ahead and log on (im butthurt by the amount of people in the ingame chat complaining about how bad the game runs(doh))
    gotta agree. besides, even while it ran perfectly for some, the opposite was true for others (like me yesterday, sadly).
    so yeah, just "try" the game in stresstests if you know what stresstests are for and how they can affect the playing experience, pretty much^^

Deleted
    Starts @ 11 tonight?
    Should be Mightnight BST, which is GMT+1.

---------- Post added 2012-08-10 at 07:05 PM ----------

GMT so uk/portugal
    Starts at might-night in the UK and in Portugal too =D

10+ Year Old Account
    starts @ 11 tonight?
    gmt so uk/portugal
    7 + 5 = 11?

Quote Originally Posted by kallanna View Post
    starts at might-night in the uk and in portugal too =d
    ^

Deleted
    I go away for 2 second and everything have been answered by our lovely (but smelly) friendly charr