Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    our lovely (but smelly) friendly charr
    i guess beeing smelly is the drawback of beeing fuzzily-cuddly, eh?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    i guess beeing smelly is the drawback of beeing fuzzily-cuddly, eh?
    Not at all

10+ Year Old Account
    Not at all
    you sure? i always thought it was that way..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    you sure? i always thought it was that way..
    I´m sure. woho stress test soon, MORE wvw!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spinalc0rd View Post
    Its good you enjoy GW2, i love it. But stop with all that it will put a dent in wow crap. Cause it will not and further more MoP is lookin like blizz best expansion content wise. Many players will return for that. Im happy cause i will be playin both. See my signature
    I will be playing both as well. Its not a crime, I am just saying that it will make Blizz rethink its subscription policy.

And thanks for the welcomes all.

Quote Originally Posted by Awake709 View Post
    I will be playing both as well. Its not a crime, I am just saying that it will make Blizz rethink its subscription policy.

And thanks for the welcomes all.
    Once someone is addicted to drugs, they'll do anything and pay anything for it. WoW is said drug. People are used to subscription fees, so the only way they'd even consider dropping it is if GW2 really puts a large enough dent in their player-base. Obviously they can AFFORD to drop the subscription, but that's not justification enough to do it yet, hehe.

What's going to make WoW and the other major MMOs that charge subs rethink their model is the land of F2P games more than GW2, itself. Turbine saw MASSIVE PROFITS from their in-game store when they turned LOTRO into a F2P game and I believe Aion became profitable, once again, after it went F2P with a store.

Microtransactions look more and more like the wave of the future for MMOs in general. It's really easy for people to justify "just one dollar" or "just five bucks" here and there.

Deleted
    GW2 sure is a lot of fun! i made a nice screenshot with a stranger

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    LOL thats the best screenie ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallanna View Post
    My GW2 client has 17.2GB if that helps at all. I think a fresh download would have slightly less coz they're a bit 'cleaner'.

They are, I deleted mine last night and installed fresh just to make sure there are no errors from updates.

Mines fully installed and patched now and the folder is only 14.0gb.

---------- Post added 2012-08-10 at 02:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    The reason GW2 will succeed where all other supposed "wow killers" have failed is because of it's name. It is a pretty well established game, people KNOW the name. Not to mention it has beautiful graphics and a world that is both realistic and magical. The gameplay is dynamic and it puts a spin on things that makes them new yet retaining the feel that all gamers love. Heres to hoping it gives WoW a serious run for its money .
    The reason it will most likely see success where the others have failed is because unlike those other games, this isn't a WoW clone. Most WoW clones died because people leaving WoW for it wanted something different, not more of the same. The common reasoning is this, why would I pay a subscription fee to play a game that is the same as WoW, costs the same as WoW, but is less polished, when I could simply play WoW instead. That's why they failed. Just crappier versions of a bigger game.

The fact that this is different sets it apart from that doomed approach, but it being different makes it uncertain. It still could fail, but it will certainly not fail for the reasons the others have. This game has a lot of promise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waifu View Post
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/QjNMZ.jpg[IMG]
    awww^^
    needs closed eyes, though!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Waifu View Post
    Lol, is that a hug emote or something or just a lucky idle emotion

Deleted
    I go away for 2 second and everything have been answered by our lovely (but smelly) friendly charr
    I've said this before, my fur is carefully kept and conditioned and everything. Can't go around smelling like humans or Asura in the black citadel, everyone would look at me funny. I'm a respectable charr.
    (Also, Diamond, I dislike you a bit now! I shall remember this!)

And that screenshot is brilliant! =D I think I have a couple of characters staring at each other's chests (particularly when the females stretch) but nothing that amazing.

Also, I hope more and more people enjoy the game - despite the obvious connection/server issues of a stress test - and I will right now welcome you all to GW2 =D

Deleted
    I've said this before, my fur is carefully kept and conditioned and everything. Can't go around smelling like humans or Asura in the black citadel, everyone would look at me funny. I'm a respectable charr.
    (Also, Diamond, I dislike you a bit now! I shall remember this!)
    Hang on a second! i said smelly, not that you smell BAD, no need for dislike

And umm (something have to be said on the subject) YAY new stress test soon!

Deleted
    Hang on a second! i said smelly, not that you smell BAD, no need for dislike

And umm (something have to be said on the subject) YAY new stress test soon!
    Here's to another stress test that I'm not going to participate in! Even if I wanted to, my wrists are being a pain today, and I'd rather save them for release.

I'm going to say nice save on the whole smell thing by the way.

Deleted
    Here's to another stress test that I'm not going to participate in! Even if I wanted to, my wrists are being a pain today, and I'd rather save them for release.

I'm going to say nice save on the whole smell thing by the way.
    Hehe what can i say..im quite smooth :] and i know about pain rather well, it sucks /hug ill do some testing for yo as well ^_^

Deleted
    Hehe what can i say..im quite smooth :] and i know about pain rather well, it sucks /hug ill do some testing for yo as well ^_^
    I'll try to log in if I'm still awake - which is likely - but that'll be it. Do some testing for me Diamond, STRESS THOSE SERVERS PEOPLE.

Deleted
    I'll try to log in if I'm still awake - which is likely - but that'll be it. Do some testing for me Diamond, STRESS THOSE SERVERS PEOPLE.
    Spam ALL the things! \o/ (which we did in LA last night )

Deleted
    At gamebreaker.tv they said that we keep our characters? Or do they mean character names? Guildcast episode 35 at 2:37 (can't post link because I didn't post enough in the forums yet)

10+ Year Old Account
    Valar morghulis