View Poll Results: Should Boubouille cover GW2 on the front page of MMO-Champion in addition to WoW?

Voters
56. This poll is closed
  • Yes

41 73.21%
  • No

15 26.79%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

ArenaJunkies now covering GW2 in addition to WoW!

It's probably about time for Boubouille to follow suite and feature GW2 on the front page of MMO-Champion too.....

"Today is the day. Arena Junkies is now featuring Guild Wars 2 in addition to World of Warcraft. We took a long time to consider and have seen many games get hyped and fail to deliver, but we strongly believe that this will not be the case with Guild Wars 2. The strong focus on competitive sPvP and tournaments, the growing scene with high caliber players from many different games now starting to play GW2 and the recent beta tests have given us high hopes.

We want to be the melting pot of the MMO PvP scene and we believe our track record with World of Warcraft shows that we can deliver the highest quality and draw in the best players. In other words: we are looking for your videos, builds, tournaments, podcasts, recruitment posts and theorycrafting skills. We are also looking for top notch contributors, be it for regular content or guest blogs, guides and videos.

We start slowly with the forums, but if some places, like the general section gets too crowded, we are ready to expand the structure.

At the moment we do not have the possibility to create something similar to the Junkie status for GW2 as no api data is available from Arena Net. If a chance emerges for us to create a GW2 Junkie status without manually editing posting rights we will do so. The same goes for linking your character and build, we have no data to access at the moment, but as soon as we do we will work on implementing that as well.

We are working on making a sPvP tailored build creator including weapon, utility skills, traits and item options as well as information on combo fields, boons and conditions with gw2db.com available. Working tooltips for traits, skills and items are already implemented.

We are open to suggestions, inputs and news from you. Contact Hildegard if you want us to feature your outstanding content.

And now, please have a look at our newly released Guild Wars 2 forums. If you are registered at any other Curse site your login will work here, too.

We will also feature an AMA session on Saturday, 11th of August here on AJ. More information here."

Source: http://www.arenajunkies.com/news/509...arena-junkies/

It will be interesting to see how well it goes over there. Gamers are pretty territorial.

Deleted
    Why is this a poll? I voted yes, because they are covering GW2 too.

I don't get it?

He already does so... yes?
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Agile Emily View Post

I don't get it?
    its a poorly written pool, i think he means, should they cover gw2 as much as wow?

10+ Year Old Account
    We need subforums to discuss professions, a place where we can stickie more stuff so it doesn't get swept away. Even a PVE & PVP subforum would be nice

---------- Post added 2012-08-10 at 11:01 AM ----------

I mean, it only makes sense if this site wants to keep our clicks. Most people will find more organized sites to go to otherwise and there's a ton of them popping up.
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    We need subforums to discuss professions, a place where we can stickie more stuff so it doesn't get swept away. Even a PVE & PVP subforum would be nice
    I think this would be awesome as well.
    Although Boub will probably see how the game fairs after launch and possibly make a larger subforum or possibly an option to veiw either games in his main posts if decides to. But as OP said, gamers are territorial with their forums and I can see a lot of negative feedback just from experiencing people complain about other MMO adds on here and even whining in other MMO threads.

I personally would love it just because I like the community on here and the layout of the site is far more organized than others IMO

Sylvari Necromancer

Quote Originally Posted by gruyaka View Post
    It's probably about time for Boubouille to follow suite and feature GW2 on the front page of MMO-Champion too.....
    I agree, GW2 News should be posted on the front page of MMO-Champion too, they did it only rarely... the reveal of the release-date e.g. It has been a WoW-Fansite so far, yes, but looking at the activity in the forums I think there would be a lot of people who would like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds fair. More stickies in the meantime would be awesome though - how many threads a day get closed because someone is asking a question about a class or certain aspect of the game.

Directing them to that book of everysinglethingthereistoknowaboutguildwars2 thread is daunting.
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    I agree, GW2 News should be posted on the front page of MMO-Champion too, they did it only rarely... the reveal of the release-date e.g. It has been a WoW-Fansite so far, yes, but looking at the activity in the forums I think there would be a lot of people who would like that.
    Make your own GW2 fansite or wait for the curse.com one...=p
    OT:....Maybe?
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Mmo-champ is a WoW fansite... wouldn't also posting GW2 news defeat that?

Quote Originally Posted by Agile Emily View Post

I don't get it?

OP like many people have a short sighted belief that they need to FORCE their games onto a site that is wow centric, rather then take the initave and ask Curse to attach a Gw2 site to the network, which Arena Junkies is part of.
    It's like bitching for Minecraft coverage and ignoring your dropdown at the top linking to a minecraft site in the network.

You don't really have to have everything in one spot. That is how people loose money.
    Last edited by Tastyfish; 2012-08-10 at 06:19 PM.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Deleted
    Keep GW2 off frontpage...I don't mind a subforum in more detail though. I just don't want the frontpage to become a spamm page of new stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    OP like many people have a short sighted belief that they need to FORCE their games onto a site that is wow centric, rather then take the initave and ask Curse to attach a Gw2 site to the network, which Arena Junkies is part of.
    It's like bitching for Minecraft coverage and ignoring your dropdown at the top linking to a minecraft site in the network.
    Aye. And there is already a GW2 site on the Curse network.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Aye. And there is already a GW2 site on the Curse network.
    Oh! Well there ya go!
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

I never actually knew what ArenaJunkie was until now. I thought it was TOJunkies and stuff. Huh.

Deleted
    Not long ago I would have said no. as this is a wow site really.

But with the coverage given to D3, I think that to be fair other popular games should be covered.

Quote Originally Posted by galaxiah View Post
    I think this would be awesome as well.
    Although Boub will probably see how the game fairs after launch and possibly make a larger subforum or possibly an option to veiw either games in his main posts if decides to. But as OP said, gamers are territorial with their forums and I can see a lot of negative feedback just from experiencing people complain about other MMO adds on here and even whining in other MMO threads.

I personally would love it just because I like the community on here and the layout of the site is far more organized than others IMO
    This isn't WoW-champion, its mmo-champion. Most gamers would probably see it as a mature thing to include other games, and give every chance to have a great release. All these wait and see attitudes hurt any up and coming MMO. If people saw sites giving equal space to SWTOR and WoW, the game probably would have had an amazing launch. If you constantly put other MMO's in a corner people have an immediate distrust for it.

people still play wow?

Please post constructively. -- Fencers
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-08-10 at 07:02 PM.

Deleted
    poll posted on GW2 subforum, I wonder what the score gonna be...
    truth is, most mmo-champion users dont care about GW2, they got even pissed about too much Diablo 3 news at front page.
    Last edited by mmoca01e16f76d; 2012-08-10 at 06:27 PM.