Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I love wooden potatoes, but sadly he only has 4 videos in the lore section, and hasnt updated them for a while.
    Frankly i see no point in his "countdown" videos, id much rather see him continue his lore and/or newbie training vids, as those were amazing.
    We dream, we dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    Thanks! Great video!

Well well, where to begin ...

The question you should ask yourself is : how much lore do I want to know ? If you just want to know the basics then I'd recommend starting with the Flameseeker Chronicles series (someone posted a link above) as they give a pretty nice global idea not only about what happened in GW1 but also what happened before GW1. They're very concise and to the point.

The second step would be to watch Wooden Potato's lore series. It goes just a little more in depth compared to TFC, has nice images and commentary but has the huge downside of being incomplete. WP said that he was going to release the 5th part this last weekend, but he didn't so we're still just waiting. One thing is sure, it should be up soon-ish.

Past this point you'll have a solid basic understanding of the GW1 universe and what major events took place during the couple past thousand years. A good read now would be the Movement of the World article on the GW2 Wiki as it'll serve as a bridge between GW1 and the setting of GW2. You can stop right here and play GW2 perfectly fine with a nice understanding of what's going around, and I might say you could even catch a couple easter eggs here and there. If you're comfortable with this, start reading the books and wait for launch day.

Now if you want to go even deeper, it is the time to fire up that GW1 wiki and read the Lore article. The GW1 wiki is very rich in that you can read detailed summaries on every single mission, every single zone and every single character that took part in the story. You'll have to read the lore documents (written from the point of view of Tyrian historians) though so it can be pretty time-consuming. While you're doing this, don't forget to read the game manuals as introductory material to the campaigns, they do a great job at laying out the major story arcs, characters and points of interest.

If after all this you still feel lore-hungry, I'm afraid you'll have to sit through Wooden Potato's Let's Play It's VERY long (especially the first campaign as it's the longest in-game) but it is EXTREMELY informative. Not only because you get to kinda play the actual events that you were reading about before, but Wooden Potato's commentary is second to none. If you pay enough attention to what he says, you'll know every single detail of the GW universe lore.

That's it I guess

PS : What I personally did after reading the obvious articles online is simply go to the WP channel, sort by date (from oldest) and just watch every single video WP posted. But at this point it might not be worth it unless you really want to get a deep understanding of ... everything.