Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I like the Human areas, but there are a bit to many Centaur there for my taste. And i dont find them a very interesting enemy to begin with. Just my opinion ofcourse, i found the Skritt to be much more fun (quite a funny enemy to fight).
    Bandits where "okay", wasnt fighting them all the time. I guess if there were as many as Centaurs id get sick of them aswell, altough overall a more interesting enemy then the Centaur. Altough i got sick of them in the storymode very, very quickly. Partly because they are dumber then spit. And i dont mean combat AI, just... oblivious to the obvious.

I found the enemies that the Sylvari face to be more interesting. Or the Charr.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Psst. The champion and veteran ghosts are characters from Guild Wars 1. AC uses the original GW1 classes and abilities.

Queensdale and Plains of Ashford are love letters to GW1 players. /guild wars hipster
    I visibly swooned when I found the Temple of Ages for the first time. No videos, no reading led me there, just exploring. Saddening to see what happened to it, coming across that, and then later ending up in Ascalon, it's hard to find the words...

But it felt like home.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

I personally think there's enough variety in the zones, centaurs are the main threat to humans, but they ain't the only thing around. It is a war, so the centaurs do have a lot of operations going at the same time. But I guess they ended World War I and II because of the variety. What, only humans? Boooring!

@Arrowstorm you made me chuckle, but indeed it is a war and I am happy there are many centaurs to be killed and a lot of the dynamic events through the first 2 human areas involve them so much. If it did not it would feel like most every other MMO that pretends a war is happening.
    Last edited by zeelic; 2012-08-11 at 08:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like you didn't get very far out of the starting area, if you level and travel further you will run into the most extraordinary creatures!
    Valar morghulis

the lack of crapdaren to slaughter in the name of righteous vengeance is appalling, but I imagine it would only start a lawsuit ArenaNet can't afford - yet. Here's to hoping for the expansion and any reckoning it might bring.

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Sounds like you didn't get very far out of the starting area, if you level and travel further you will run into the most extraordinary creatures!
    I got up to level 26, like I said in the OP. I never said the centaur are the only enemies, just that the vast majority of the enemies are centaur.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adversarius View Post
    I got up to level 26, like I said in the OP. I never said the centaur are the only enemies, just that the vast majority of the enemies are centaur.
    Level 26 isn't very far.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

There are centaurs and centaur events all the way up to level 35. Mostly in the QD, KH and GF zones. So even if the OP did level to like level 50+ [as I did], he'd still be seeing quite a lot of centaurs.

Simple solution; spread yourself out. Explore the other regions.

Eric Flannum and Colin Johanson touched on this topic in a video about endgame. they said that the first area's of all races the events are more about local problems like: worms destroying fields, centaurs taking over villages etc.
    after all the races start to meet in the zones the events show the influence of the dragons on the world more and more the further you go.

Deleted
    mushroom mushroom

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    There are centaurs and centaur events all the way up to level 35. Mostly in the QD, KH and GF zones. So even if the OP did level to like level 50+ [as I did], he'd still be seeing quite a lot of centaurs.

Simple solution; spread yourself out. Explore the other regions.
    Thats really the best advice. Its more fun and more rewarding as you pick up skill challenges along the way, early skillpoints are more important to get the things you like more sooner.

Here we see downscaling doing its job very, very well.

I for one enjoy arcing storylines that connect zones, as opposed to WoW having like 10 different stories within each of their zones.

Different strokes, y'all.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffkeeks
    mushroom mushroom
    Tehehehe.

I wish that the centaurs were a little less one-dimensional. If you don't know it already there isn't much in the game that tells you why we're getting attacked by centaurs. There are no attempts to negotiate or reason with them, it's just war. Hopefully that stuff comes in the human stories around level 20-40, but so far it's just "they're attacking - fight them off" and "now they're attacking over here - fight them off".

Not all the centaurs are at war with humanity. Some of the tribes are spread out and each tribe may be fighting for a different reason locally. Basically, they are like the Charr in GW1- humans displaced and took centaur pride lands.

Quote Originally Posted by Exedore View Post
    The real question is: Could you outrun a centaur?

I did get the same feeling playing through the human areas in BWE2. I read somewhere that ArenaNet is increasing the variety of mobs in some areas to address the monotony. In BWE3, I noticed less centaur dynamic events and more of other kinds. One of the reasons for the beta test is to figure out the right balance for scaling and frequency of dynamic events.
    It's not a matter of if you can out run a centaur, but if you can simply out run the other khajiit.

The centaurs are pretty prominent to be honest. I'd personally like to see some of their camps replaced with something more original.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adversarius View Post
    Looks like I am just gonna have to switch zones often to keep myself from getting burnt out.
    That must be quite hard as an elementalist.... good luck !

Deleted
    Nah OP, it's more of first few zones from each race, after that I belive they change a bit. Though centaurs are the major enemies for humans in their lands, so dealing with them is important before dealing with dragons. It's more of "securing your home before you actually go in the war".

Quote Originally Posted by rezoacken View Post
    Sylvari: Black sylvaris
    And what have we found out of this people? That sylvari are racists.