Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    That encourages laziness, better to teach them how to get their own gold.

Give a man a fish etc.......
    Meh if they need like a quick few (1 to 10) for something in the AH or Reagents(Remember those =p lol) I always helped out.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Landin55 View Post
    Meh if they need like a quick few (1 to 10) for something in the AH or Reagents(Remember those =p lol) I always helped out.
    And did that benefit them in the long term? 10 gold is an hour farming low level herbs or ore, at the most.

Yes I have, I recruited my friend to play wow with me so we leveled up together I played a paladin and he played a druid. We were running SFK and a mail item drops which i need and hes like I need that and i tell him he doesnt because he cannot use it due to the item being mail. He tells me he just checked and it was leather so we both roll he wins and trys to equip it, What do you know he cannot use the item and i tell him hes an idiot

Well... I did meet this lvl 19(?) shaman once. Tons of guestions and "Can I ride that mammoth" requests. I ended up becoming his and his friend's personal booster as I don't realy have the heart to be so rude and say "No" to a newb's cry for help.

If you're looking for ultra noobs just join a BG and if you see someone from quel'thalas, tol'barad, or fagnaros follow them around and see what they do lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miralynn View Post
    To be fair, that Marks talent that converted Int to Attack Power didn't exactly discourage hunters from equipping shaman gear if it was otherwise better than what we had on. There were times when, say, a blue dungeon drop piece of caster mail would be an actual measurable upgrade over green quest reward agility mail.

Doing away with that talent was one of the best things ever done for hunters and shamans both.
    Meh, everyone knows everything is Hunter gear! :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to confess to my own worst huntard moment here... I barely started playing a couple months before TBC. When my hunter first hit 58 and I headed to Outland (I was the world's slowest leveler back then...), I equipped a full set of Netherstalker mail with ALL kinds of mismatched stats, from agility to strength to arcane damage... Because it matched and it looked cool.

I figured it'd be like PSO and I could just take things a little slower. Yeah... No. XD
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

I got a friend to play and I didn't exactly hold her hand while she leveled. I came to check up on her and she had been leveling her hunter all that time (was level 34) with just auto attack and her pet. She didn't know about putting skills on her bar. I was speechless.

10+ Year Old Account
    We were doing old runs with a group of 4 guildies we just said anyone want to join for ony for some achieves, this hunter join and basically ruined every achievement for us except speed kill

We noticed at 85 she was doing around 7k dps it was already a /facepalm moment but we're like meh we'll carry her *someone also later noticed she had stats for literally anything its like she just bought the cheapest gear on the AH that she could wear gems and enchants as well had some intellect some strength* It seemed she knew the fight since she was actually try to explain what to do she said don't spawn whelps yet, after we pull, what does she do? stands right next to the whelp caves and is typing in /say "Hey guys the whelps are spawning, and just stands there staring at the whelps hitting her" and essentially ruins the many whelps handle it achieve because she eventually has the whelps but is running towards the exit of the raid XD. She Feigns death or somehow loses aggro and runs back to us and she is standing under ony doing her shitty dps, we were low on ranged dps so that phase took a while, we were spamming in chat move move move for the deep breath and she just stood there and stood there. Funniest and most idiotic shit I have ever seen.

I will admit when I was 11 and first got the game *now am 17* I was a melee hunter just using raptor and mongoose strike and letting my pet tank for me, best stuff ever. only got to like level 23 before i took a year long break from wow

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I meet a new one every day. It gets quite painful sometimes.

Yeah several .... the guild i am in actualy welcomes ppl that are new to the game and has done so since ... well we all was now.

seen it all including a priest stacking STR. ( was before any expansion ), the player mainly did pvp and strenght makes you hit suff harder yes ? .. so that was what that player did stuff like neckies / rings was str. based. Melee priest with mucho str.

also played with players that refused to read up on there class and only gather info ingame ...could call that a newbe by choice ?

Yes and I love them. So cute Sometimes its hard to tell if its a troll though, as you said.

When I my friend started playing he was asking millions of questions. He knew pretty well though how to play and level and do quests and stuff. Only problem was that he always asked me what gear he needed in dungeons, even though I explain thoroughly to him that as an spriest you want spellpower/intellect. He died alot in the beginning, like 15 times on the same quest once, hilarious

I think I've seen it all. I've met a rogue once that wanted to be ranged because that's how he preferred to play, so he stood miles back throwing knives :/

I've met a priest before that didn't know how to res, and a lvl 80 paladin (during wrath) that asked my hunter how he could have a pet too.... but then I think buying accounts and paying for full levelling services were a lot more common back then.

My favourite, I went so see my GF at uni and her friends were really excited that I played WoW too, cos they'd been playing for ages and wanted me to join their uni guild. I thought "Awesome, a UK guild, could be cool...". But they got really impressed that I'd been in to dungeons before because they were too scared and were asking if I'd ever killed players before :/

The furthest any of them had ever got to raiding was one had been invited to an ICC pug, and then as soon as he got in, he chickened out and turned off WoW for an hour so that it would look like he'd disconnected.

EDIT : I love it when people get angry in dungeons because they can't roll on Cloth / leather items and demand that you hand it to them anyway. Sure pally healers have some excuse with the healing gear but dps etc really don't.
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2012-08-11 at 10:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone was one once, especially with WoW, very hard game to grasp when you first start. So much knowledge to take in, awesome feeling though :>

Deleted
    Oh i have another

While i was levelling my priest in wrath i was healing SM cathedral and remember thinking the tank was taking a lot of damage. I was in full heirlooms though so it wasn't impossible to heal him and i didn't look into why he was so squishy

Then at the courtyard a dps asked him why he was tanking in battle stance and he said he never did the quest for defensive stance lol

---------- Post added 2012-08-11 at 10:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Everyone was one once, especially with WoW, very hard game to grasp when you first start. So much knowledge to take in, awesome feeling though :>
    This is very true

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    True. We need a "RIDICULOUSLY Newby things that you remember doing when you first started the game" thread. Oh the shame...

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Newb, by definition, a player who knows little about the game or how to play it in some aspects, and often requires help to figure it out.

We've all meet newbs before, players who ask things that have become so massively obvious to us that it surprises us they have to ask it, but sometimes, once in a while, we meet a player who is such a massive newb, that it leaves it marks on your subconscious how.

I meet such a player recently well on an archaeology dig run (yeah I was that bored), when flying down to the un'goro cretor, I flew down and saw a lv50 undead warrior running around well I dug, to which he came over to me, said Hi, and I gave him a friendly wave.

What proceeded was the newbfest 2012. He asked me where i got my mount from, where can he get one, can i help him do quests because I'm much higher level, can I give him money because I'm higher level so must have lots, where can he get nice gear like I was wearing, how can he level faster, can I show him where to level next, can he add me to friends or real id because I was friendly, what spec should warrior be and whats more fun..

This went on for 5 minutes until I was banging my head on the desk realizing either this guy was one massive newb or one massive troll, but I guessed the latter since he didn't have any heirloom hear on. I tried to answer some of his questions but he just kept popping more. Eventually, since I don't have the heart to ignore someone like this, I fake dced, and played on an alt until the moment passed.

So, what has been your encounter with serious newbs in wow, ever meet any that made to ask 'how the hell did this person figure out how to play this game in the first place?'
    ever thought it might just be a kid ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    True. We need a "RIDICULOUSLY Newby things that you remember doing when you first started the game" thread. Oh the shame...
    Fortunately i've forgotten most of them but i do remember getting to STV and running out of quests i could manage at around level 32. I didn't know there were other areas for my level so i grinded the goblins there for 6 levels

Oh and i remember making my first white mail armor in goldshire and thinking how awesome it was i could make cool armor for myself

10+ Year Old Account
    Whenever I meet a new player, most of the time I point them in the direction of skilled people who know their class, but if it's a death knight (and let's face it, how many amazing death knights do you know?) I take it as my personal responsibility to make them the best they can be, because i'm one of the more skilled DK tanks out there imo, and I want to share my skill with ALL the other dks I meet.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.