Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I rolled need on an "of the Tiger" mace for my newly made priest, my first character, from a really low level dungeon. I assumed that since I could equip it and the required level was higher, it was an upgrade. Of course, this was about 6 years ago, when gear made no sense anyway (lots of agi cloth!)

I split my talent points evenly among all talent trees.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noob1232 View Post
    I kept right clicking to attack, the faster I clicked, the faster I attacked.
    Then I realized Auto Attack.
    I am not ashamed to admit I did the very same thing!

My very first toon was a Nelf Hunter in BC. I remember getting the quest to go to Dolanaar and just
    as I got outside the town I saw the huge purple leaf giants and wouldn't go any further because I thought
    they'd kill me. Until I saw another player run past with no problem. that's when I started learning about red/yellow/green tags.
    And eight, eight, I forget what eight was for

2 weeks into the game i fought a party of 5 horde with my human warlock and killed them all, i was so embarrassed

I leveled a paladin as a prot, with a 2h weapon. I felt smart because I could both be dps and tank at the same time!

Deleted
    Back in Vanilla I started level a warrior called "Firstelf" because it was my first character. xD Then I got into a group with 2 other people in Darkshore and everytime a green item dropped I pressed need because in my head it was "need for gold". Not need by using it. And my first level 60 was a rogue in stratholme many casters wanted the offhand which gave fire resistance and something more, when It dropped I needed it and I said I dont need an offhand dagger because my damage came from backstab pretty much. I was obsessed of fire resistance so I could enter MC back then. ^^

I asked NPC's questions in /say like "where did you get that pet" i guess i did not quite understand what an mmo was.

I deleted my level 17 hunter after repeatedly being killed by a murloc.

Deleted
    My first Character was a Hunter, and I played upto 35~ without pet, and only SPAMMING serpent sting
    Then my mate told me "WTF dude!?... Get a pet, new skills from trainer and DONT SPAM sting, its a dot".

I laughed so hard, no shizzle it was so damn slow 'n hard to level with autoattacking + stingspamming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Samakuro View Post
    This one is a classic: thinking gems only go into the same coloured gem slot.
    Same! I outfitted my first tank in the most varied set of gems, some for stats I didn't even use because I thought you had to match colors. Even the gems specifically say "matches xx color slot"

I believe my very first character ever was a human mage. I played the class OK, but I remember I had no idea how to craft anything, I just kept selling the mats I acquired thinking it was a stellar way to make gold.

I saw a person fly over me on a griffon and I thought that he must be one of the richest and most powerful players in the game!

I also remember being chased by a ?? level spider and I remember fearing the foreboding and grim looking Duskwood.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

selected a human warrior becuase it was the only race and only class I had ever heard of and thought I'd know what to do, got ganked by npc enemies and asked them not to kill me, deleted that character not even getting to level 2, rolled a nelf warrior, using cloth, leather staves. I had no idea what the stats meant, I selected a weapon based on the damage (not dps) so a 200-330 staff would get slected over a 1h 250dps (example only). picked hebalist as my first profession and sold the herbs.

selected skills from each talent tree. Would re-armour at the white vendors who provide crappy white armour and weapons.

Levelled throwing knife's against casters becuase that was a great idea, spent all my gold on 2 off hand weapons when I got dual weild from ah!

got retaliation which had a 30 min cd and used it on a fawn to test it.

I had so much money as I done loads of quests and killed millions of mobs when all I needed to do was kill 10 I bought kang the decapitor and black skull shield from ah, thats right a 2h weapon and a shield!

Also thought gem colours had to match up to the slot, used my mouse to tank and prssed buttons like rend, demo shout, mocking blow, taunt to tank.

I died more levelling than in raids.

And the only way I found out how to tank and gem properly was by standing outside Kara and getting ridiculed and then a decent tank giving me pointers, which doesn't happen anymore as you get teleported straight in.

I asked like 10 people how to get my riding skill up so i can get a mount

Deleted
    -I stacked armor with my Mage, so I could die less.
    -I started as an Human, so I could quest together with my friends (I never knew there was the deeptram between IF and SW).
    -I picked all the talent points possible in the Frost tree.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    I leveled a warrior as prot.
    In vanilla
    Mostly solo
    While sinking obscene amounts of money into blacksmithing.
    i feel you bro /fist
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

When I discovered skinning and leatherworking in Barrens I thought that selling light leather made from scraps to an NPC was the way to make money in this game. Many leather stacks were sold before I stumbled upon wowwiki and facepalmed alot.

- I found RFC while exploring and tried to to solo it, not realizing you are supposed to group up to do instances
    - Did loads of grey quests for no XP not knowing anything about the quest/mob color system

A little stray from the topic, but the most nooby thing I did when I returned to WoW at the start of Cata (from TBC days):
    - Spent hours pick pocketing lock boxes to level up my lock picking on my rogue! oops!

Deleted
    Mountain climbing in the Barrens as a lvl ~15 undead mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggity View Post
    2 weeks into the game i fought a party of 5 horde with my human warlock and killed them all, i was so embarrassed
    Look out everyone. We got a badass over here!

My first character was an Orc Warrior, and at level 10 when I found out what talents were I decided to split them through the 3 trees. I thought it would make the best tank and dps. Hah.