Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I constantly upgraded my "white quality" gear at any vendor I could because I thought armour on my hunter was the best.

hahaha oh god...

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh gods, I don't know if I want to admit this.

But in Vanilla, my very first toon was a dwarf paladin. When I saw the cinematic, with the dwarf and the bear, I wanted a bear pet. So I ran around Dun Morogh, trying to figure out how to train a bear as a pet. I went to the pet trainer but she wouldn't help me.

It wasn't until I asked in Trade (and even that . . . oh boy, took me a while to figure out how to talk in trade) where I found out Dwarf Paladins, even though they are awesome (seriously, dwarves are the only Alliance race I have respect for) cannot train pets.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    I meleed for 12 levels on a lock I made out of boredom one night. I had been playing a mage but for whatever reason I thought locks were melee. I was even in the beta which makes the fact that I did that even worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got stuck in silvermoon city for 2 hours because I didn't know there was a full map, and the exits are those strange little paths that look like they are blocked by pictures of Kael.
    After the 2 hours I finally ended up working out how to use trade and general chat, and a nice guy brought me out of the city.

Also rolled a Draenei Warrior, that didn't go down well. Couldn't beat the last boss of the bloodmyst isles. He was just unkillable without some form of heal/pet.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Tried to walk from Stormwind to Ironforge at level 35.
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I started out by rolling a Gnome Mage, (i thought gnomes was awesome at that time). As i leveled up and got new spells i thought the more spells i used the better mage i would be, so i litererally lined up all spells i learned and pressed them in order fighting each enemy and adding more spells to my line for each one i learned ^^
    Thanks to Sioni for my signature picture

Back in March 2005, Spec'ed Holy as a DPS Paladin because I thought consecration looked like an awesome move and since i was in Duskwood thought the holy damage would do more to undead.. It used a lot of mana though so I went and bought a whole heap of Stam/Spirit "of the whale" gear for more mana. Little did I know Intellect gave Mana, spirit just gave Mana Regen.

Once I hit 30 though I went Prot for Blessing of Kings and Reckoning. Ended up as Ret around 45. Never looked back, and from then on always did research on my Class.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    I meleed for 12 levels on a lock I made out of boredom one night. I had been playing a mage but for whatever reason I thought locks were melee. I was even in the beta which makes the fact that I did that even worse.
    At least you had the old off-hand firestones to buff your melee damage

10+ Year Old Account
    I did all the typical huntard things. Equipping gear with the wrong stats (Because more armor is ALWAYS good, right? And caster stats will help my arcane shot and self-healing... though to be fair I came from Phantasy Star Online where both these things were TRUE.), running out of arrows halfway through my first dungeon and melee'ing the rest of it (because at level 25-ish, from BFD to the nearest place I could buy arrows - Auberdine or Astranaar - was a long goddamn run.), not training for several levels because I had NO clue how to make money and I had to choose between training or saving up for a mount, and walking everywhere was soooooo sloooow... XD

I eventually met a nice mage who set me straight, pointed me at a few good websites, and gave me enough money for my mount AND my training out of the kindness of her heart.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Deleted
    I can't think of a single action I did as it should during my 1-65 leveling, somehow at 65-70 I stopped becoming a retard and suddenly knew how the game worked.

Granted, WoW was the first online game I evel played next to Runescape...so I blame runescape.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    Tried to walk from Stormwind to Ironforge at level 35.
    I walked from Thunderbluff to Stormwind at level 7 so I could meet with my human friend irl to group up and quest together...didn't work out so well as I was shocked when the guards attacked me. I thought I had broke the game.

You can imagen how sad I was as it took me a lot of hours, as the distance wasn't far enough I didn't even know their was a map in game...it took me about 5 days to travel to him. (couple of hours a day of traveling)
    Last edited by mmoc6f961e454e; 2012-08-12 at 01:57 AM.

I remember back in the day i was in a group for a WC run, the group kept asking me for food and water and i had no idea what they really wanted from me, i've been looting the mobs and when they opened a trade window i gave them what i looted.

Made a Gnome rogue couple months after launch then died in dusk wood and got pissed. Then I just rolled a human warrior and now I'm here...

10+ Year Old Account
    I rolled a Night Elf Hunter & didn't know about professions until TBC beta came out.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    After coming from SWG and using a tank spec to lvl as a Jedi, I thought it would be a good idea to level as a protection warrior...

Being new in vanilla was great though, WoW has kinda ruined the new factor to any new MMO now as I do my research first.

Just to add, I also made alts in vanilla and bought 'white' gear thinking I was OP for a lvl 5...
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2012-08-12 at 02:01 AM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    first char was a mage, spec'd it fire, and used majority frost spells... epic fail lol

I would fade on my priest and wonder why people could see me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    I rolled a Night Elf Hunter & didn't know about professions until TBC beta came out.
    I didn't found out about AH till 54 either, I bought white gear from blacksmiths wich costed 20x times more than anything on AH

I wore a mix of Intellect, Agilty and Strength gear as a Warlock, wore a grey trash robe that I found at Northshire Abbey until lv50 and raised all weapon skills including unarmed every time I levelled up.

I didn't know what an instance was until lv40 ish.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2012-08-12 at 02:01 AM.

Tried having a conversation in /1 chat
    but I was doing it in /s
    Another players going through the first mine in elwynn forest was nice enough to fix it for me =)

Also made the mistake of leveling a warrior as my first character in this genre in vanilla. Holy shit was leveling one ridiculous. Not 100% hp can't event pull 1 mob.

as a feral starting the game mid-wrath, i kept claw on my bar until long after turning 80... and never looked at the stats window. hit rating? what's that, guys?

teslah// recruitment officer for SWARM of thrall
    part of the immortal gaming network