Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    My first dungeon as a newbie druid, decided to tank Deadmines in cat form. Needless to say, it didn't go too well. I needed on every item that dropped, to disenchant it to level up my enchanting skill. The group called me a ninja, to which I adamantly replied that I wasn't a ninja, I was a druid.

I also used to think that mage tables only had a limited amount of food/drink on them, and would only take one stack so there was enough for other people.

10+ Year Old Account
    There was a lot of things i did but one that sticks out the most was when I made my first guy back in vanilla, it was a warrior, I kept clicking the right mouse button to attack and my friend pointed out that I didn't have to do that since it was auto-attack.

Also instead of doing dungeons to get green gear I just bought the armor and weapons from vendors and used those. Lol those were the days.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    remembered 2 more things that got my attention as weird very early in my game-time -

1) gnome warriors were taken seriously, when clearly they lacked mass and should have a huge Str. penalty, like -50% or something.
    2) same with female characters, clearly they were smaller and for humans at least we know there are differences in muscle development/density. I figured this was marketing and pc stuff, though.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

10+ Year Old Account
    i spent at least two hours trying to /mount a bunch of random animals because i wanted a damn mount and i had no idea how to get one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry_David
    "from injustise comes justise"

-huangzhong9

I kept rerolling toons (class/race combos) and playing to level 6ish.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huangzhong9 View Post
    i spent at least two hours trying to /mount a bunch of random animals because i wanted a damn mount and i had no idea how to get one.
    I did the same thing, lol. I remember spending an hour near the stables in Goldshire. The moment I saw horses and a stable master - I assumed this is where I can get my mount. Oh how disappointed I was when I learned how much gold I needed for the real mount and levels 40-60 were a requirement.

30 more seconds on the battle shout duration was obviously a much more beneficial talent than a measly 5% increased crit chance.

Back in vanilla, when you could spend talents anywhere, I didn't realize I had to spec in one tree. So I would go from Left to Right across all three talent trees putting 1 point in for each talent until the next line was accessible and then would move down the line doing the same thing XD

I think by level 40 or so someone in Org caught my newby mistake and was kind enough to point me in the right direction. Too much Hybrid ftl!

10+ Year Old Account
    I was useing my wand a lot more than my actual spells with my warlock , which caused my death so many times /shrug

Deleted
    You remember how it used to say "Increases spell power/healing by up to xx", yeah? I figured it meant that the +spell power/healing was random up to a maximum of xx every time you cast a spell, so I went for the safe route and stacked mp5 instead

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    In vanilla at release in 2004, I rolled a Troll Mage. It was my first ever character. I found a button that made you walk. But, because the Troll walk kind of look like it was crouching around I thought it was a "crouch" key so I could hide from Alliance.

Of course, being a real noob, I brought up the "crouch" key on official WoW forums!

i didn't realize there was more than 1 talent tree. also i had like 5 rogues because whenever a friend started playing the game i'd start a new character with them and i'd just roll rogue cuz i hated everything else at the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I must've deleted about 10 rogues before I finally got beyond level 10.. All of them either undead or trolls.

Got to level 12 or so just using heroic strike. Best one I didn't know how to talk in channels till level 55. So I use to stand there saying stuff like " LFG for Mara/ZF" Oh the good days of vanilla where have you gone!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    I meleed for 12 levels on a lock I made out of boredom one night. I had been playing a mage but for whatever reason I thought locks were melee. I was even in the beta which makes the fact that I did that even worse.
    lmfao, i did too! first off, my first toon i rolled was a lock back in TBC, and at some point i picked up a 1H sword just because i could equip it and i thought it looked badass...and it being a sword after all, i proceeded to alternate melee and casting a spell here and there. it wasnt till after i ran ragefire chasm the first time, i was gettin whispers from the group asking me why i wasnt casting more since i had more than enough mana! it finally dawned on me when i got my first dagger with intel / sp on it that the melee weapons were in fact just there for decoration as the stats on them were what really mattered.

i also remembered back when i was leveling a warrior and joined a dungeon group for ZF. they eventually asked me to tank, didnt have a clue so i proceeded to 'attempt' to tank in fury spec, dual wielding 1 handers and basically just attacking everything but not really understanding the concept of holding aggro. i think we made it to the top of the stairs of the temple before we finally got a proper tank. 'sigh', believe it or not no one, no one asked me what the hell i was doing trying to tank that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoticehunter View Post
    I rolled a Night Elf Hunter.
    /shudder
    /shudder as well

Deleted
    I had a feral druid and used to stealth everywhere. I hated being in Orgrimmar outside the AH because I thought only level 70's were allowed there. I just stayed in stealth all the time and stealthed to and from most places haha.

Deleted
    first of all, I misspelled my chars name. (yeah I was still young and dumb)
    and as a newb I naturally had to distribute my talent points in all 3 talent trees, that is after I found out about talents about 30 levels too late
    Also funny was when I thought "np" meant noob. Dunno why I ever though that but as I said is was young. I never understood why all the helpful people called me a noob after they had helped me out . Luckily I found out after a while that np didn't mean noob at all, when my friend said np after helping me with something and I got mad at him for calling me a noob. He then kindly explained to me that it meant "no problem". God did I feel like a legitimate noob afterwards.

Deleted
    Wow I joined as a complete noob. But I sort of miss that. I miss the learning and exploring that came from being so new to the game.

It wasn't my first MMO so I didn't have that many, but I did have a few.

I stacked Agility on my Fury Warrior, which surprisingly didn't work all that bad because it meant I crit alot lol. I'm not sure where I got it from, I'm guessing it was because gear wasn't as clean then as it is today ( most Plate gear had Strength and Agility on it anyways it seemed.).

The only other one was drinking and eating seperately for a long time. Other games I had played you could only do one or the other so I just assumed...

I must say though I've seen some good ones over the years. The Warlocks stacking defense were my personal favs though.