Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I leveled all classes to 20 to see what kind of play style suited me the best. Druid won :P

10+ Year Old Account
    On my hunter, I ran a dungeon (Wailing Caverns maybe?) and I left aspect of the pack on through most of the instance.

The people in my party were SO PISSED lol. I felt horrible after I realized it but I look back on it and laugh.
    Armories: Death Knight / Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Stop dating strippers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Kleinlax21 who is on your 'side' had no problem doing so.He also doesn't need to attack me in literally every sentence he types.

10+ Year Old Account
    I once explored Silvermoon for about an hour trying to find the massive amount of players speaking on the city's trade chat, unaware that most were all in Orgrimmar...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velma View Post
    Leveled a Pally back in vanilla as Holy spec... thought it was so OP because I could heal myself while getting beat on, didn't realize there was more to life than auto-attack
    The oldest character I still have is a pally, started in Vanilla. I started off putting points just wherever. Someone told me I was doing it wrong, and I had to be Holy, that was the only way anyone would group with me. So I put all my points in Holy. I did run a number of dungeons as a healer, but I hated (and still do) healing, and I hated that charcter. I ran ZF (level 40-something) with a shaman tank (??), and we failed miserably and I was told how bad a healer I was. After, I swtiched to Prot spec, I liked it more, but that was some slow leveling.

On my hunter (made early in BC), I put all of my talent points in BM. All of them. I didn't understand maximizing from the top rows of others. I had a bear pet. I would run dungeons and constantly be at the bottom of the DPS list, and I couldn't figure out why. Finally someone told me to look up guides online, and that helped a lot.

The worst thing I did, on my first toon (who got deleted), I was a warrior with Blacksmithing. I would make my own armor, spending all the time farming copper and crafting. Then I would go quest/grind. When my gear was completely red, I'd sell it and make more armor. I didn't know it could be fixed.

Thank you zomgname for the signature and avatar!

When I got on a wind rider at an fp for the first time and realized that flying ddnt have a loading screen, i like went insane from amazement

Used Mocking Blow on a World Dragon when some other guild was fighting it...

I was alone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    I can't think of a single action I did as it should during my 1-65 leveling, somehow at 65-70 I stopped becoming a retard and suddenly knew how the game worked.

Granted, WoW was the first online game I evel played next to Runescape...so I blame runescape.

I walked from Thunderbluff to Stormwind at level 7 so I could meet with my human friend irl to group up and quest together...didn't work out so well as I was shocked when the guards attacked me. I thought I had broke the game.

You can imagen how sad I was as it took me a lot of hours, as the distance wasn't far enough I didn't even know their was a map in game...it took me about 5 days to travel to him. (couple of hours a day of traveling)
    I just made an account to MMO-Champion to say, you sir deserve free subscription.
    Btw I don't remember any newbie things I did but the fact that it took me 50 days to go from 1-85 kinda speaks for itself.
    Last edited by mmocc68020e81d; 2012-09-04 at 11:14 PM.

2 nights stayeded up! It's not fun. but unforgettable!

Deleted
    I didn't put points in the critt cap talent as a bear feral druid...

I tried to level tailoring through the AH at level 20. I also thought you could only have one character, so I deleted my first toon to play on my friends' server.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gunrik View Post
    I leveled all classes to 20 to see what kind of play style suited me the best. Druid won :P
    That seems like a smart thing to do O.o

10+ Year Old Account
    I sold things to players at the sell price.

Deleted
    Humm, I started with Blacksmithing/Mining on my Warr, but then decided Enchanting was more leet (OMG red glow-enchant! ), so I made alot of bracers with my small blacksmithing skill, enchanted all of them, to vendor them (Didn't know you could enchants stuff more than once :/), and then proceed to run out of mats, and thinking by myself: Hmm, tailoring doesn't require a gathering profession, and gets me green stuff to DE... So yeah, that's how My warrior got Tailoring as his second profession back in Vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Brutalion View Post
    Hm, things like buying a complete armorset without stats from a vendor, and being proud of it. Furthermore.. Falling off the Undercity elevator, twice in a row.
    haha same, buying grey items from the vendor because they had more actual "armor" than the pieces i currently had.

15+ Year Old Account
    I started wow a couple of months after release, my uni house mate had a lvl 50 something undead warrior running round mining on his bony pony . . . he convinced one of my other house mates to start playing, so i thought why not give it a try?!

at which point they'd rerolled alliance, so i made an alliance toon as well!

not knowing anything about anything other than that lots of the races were like the ones in warhammer, i made a dwarf hunter! I wanted an axe and a mace, but i couldnt understand why my hunter knew how to swing an axe but a mace was beyond him . . .

i took up tailoring and made: http://www.wowhead.com/spell=7624 beause i like purple, i didn't understand stats . . .

i got to level 11, and while in loch modan i had been out hitting things with my axes when my pet had a sad face, i asked my friend about it, he said it was because i hadn't fed it, fed it?! so i open my bag, and i've only got fruit, but my bear wants meat! even though he's so hungry he's sad, he refuses my meat, of which i had non, so i start running to the small village i'd seen as fast as i could, i wouldnt let my bear die! but no, just as we hit the entrance to the village my bear ran away =(

i logged off in a huff and deleted my hunter . . .

my mate laughed and said i might be better off with a warlock. . . . so my undead warlock began, which hit max level for the first time about a month ago xD

Drop my hearthstone after not being able to sell it to vendor

Deleted
    Ok here is my story...
    When I was around 11-12 I started playing in vanilla times (if I remember right). Made a mage and I thought I could kill mobs using melee attacks... the bad thing is that I didn't know how to melee! XD I was pressing left click instead of right o.o... After 2-3 lvls I realized what mage is about and started playing a bit better with the help of a friend that was already 60. BUT! When I reached like 7 I used frost armor for the first time and I was like "WOW THIS THING IS UP FOR 30 MINS? AWESOME!" and lawl, then I started questing near forest bears and prowlers... xD they were so hard back then with the slow mana and health regen! Even killing one felt like a huge accomplishment!

After a bit I was around 8-9 and I was wondering what's beyond the woods of Elwynn so I travelled to westfall and AMG, it was full of lvl 12-14 mob groups back then XD
    It was hard as hell and I was really afraid to engage anything. At one point I accidentally aggroed a group and then started running and went inside a tower thinking that I was safe only to find a "skull" lvl mob (an orc warlock or something) and it killed me XD! I quitted wow after that for like 6-7 years till I picked it again on 4.2 launch because my brother started playing around that time too. Fun times!

Deleted
    Gemmed spirit on my arcane mage and killed The Lich King when it was current.

Probably more of a feat but still a funny, newby thing!

Deleted
    I clicked for a week.

swam cross river in elwynn to duskwood lvl3, didnt know about talent points till lvl 40