Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by riseoftheuk View Post
    How do Rooney get sponsors then because he's a douche and swears and smokes and stuff? Surely be the same for these athletes.
    I have no idea who this Rooney person is but I bet they have good reason to sponsor him anyhow. But I bet the douche attitude does not increase his chance of obtaining more sponsors.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Because being at the olympics means they're the best athletes in the world. They're part of great thing and they have no need to be bad losers, everyone respects one another in the olympics.
    Ye.. not really!

10+ Year Old Account
    i think not only is it because of cameras...

but also, they MADE it there in the first place, they are already among the elites in the world.

maybe they just don't see it as "i lost"

they see it as "i won against the whole world except for these few others i competed against"
    they have a reason to be happy.

there will... of course always be exceptions.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelk View Post
    You should watch the BBC interview with Tyson Gay just after the 100m final. Dude was pissed.
    But thats coz the guy who beat him used drugs before.

Im on about accusing innocent olympians of foul play coz you lost. Just a horrible remark to try and stir up.

Olympians are too forgiving to their rivals. They show them too much respect. The best dont respect the others. Bolt tell Blake he crap all the time.

Olympians always say ' I was on my best just wasn't good enough'. Why not just say ' I wasn't at my best, if I was this person would have no chance because when I bring the game im the best and this guy is rubbish'.

Never say stuff like that for the media. FMJ is the best ever for the trash talk.

For one thing its a pretty big honor to be there in the first place. Just being there means your one of the best candidates your country can put forward. As a second point you are representing your country. If you make a bad showing of your self not only does it reflect poorly on you but also your country in the eyes of the whole world. You are unlikely to be invited back no mater how good you are if you embarrass your country on international TV like that. Finally making baseless accusations like drug use with no evidence when drug testing is already compulsory just because your a sore looser would probably get you banned from future competition and not change the medal outcome.

Who is John Galt?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because even just being nominated is a grand honor. And this time, that's not bullshit, that's the truth.
    Putin khuliyo

because the whole world will watch them behave as crybabies if they decide to be bad losers lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Being a sore loser would embarrass your entire country.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
    Well, losing for one. Knowing that you're worse than someone sucks.

My guess is that they know that half the world is watching them, so they do their bickering and raging when the cameras are off them.
    Olympians are already at the peak of their sport. Even if you win 4th or 5th, you're still considered the 4th or 5th best in the world at that time. Most people who are sore losers wouldn't even be all that competitive in their local college's intramural sports. Even being selected to participate in the Olympics comes with its own perks beyond the medals and glory of being 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by riseoftheuk View Post

Why aren't olympians like this? They are always so nice on the tv to everyone and like ' i didnt get a medal but congratulations'.
    Not sure if I am taking the bait here but seriously there is someone who believes that ? Most are just smart enough to know how to keep it together in the public.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by wakarimas View Post
    Ye.. not really!

Hah! "We are not amused :S"

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Also the person who won did not win every single event from the moment he started playing/running etc.. You can only try your best.. And someone will always be better than you no matter what. Look at world records..if you go back 10+ years the people coming 2nd-3rd are beating times that were world records then etc

Because if you are disrespectful towards other athletes you can easily be kicked home.

Well I'm sure for some what they show on the outside does not reflect on the inside. But when you have most of the worlds eyes upon you, you try to put on a smile.

Unless you're the Queen.

There you go, Scrapbot. Is my Signature small enough now? Will you finally shut up, you automated pretentious &##(@)!?

It's probably because they are the singular embodiment of every athlete in their country for his or her particular event. I mean, no big deal or anything. If you lose and act like a dick, you embarrass EVERYONE.

Also, this guy didn't go on to win any individual medals...but he deserves more respect than anyone else in these games, as far as I'm concerned.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...leg/index.html

Rathalir Emberlight of the Crystal Desert realm

Quote Originally Posted by Uko View Post
    Because even if you dont win a medal just being in the olympics means you must be pretty darn amazing at whatever your sport is.
    Pretty much this. The fact that you even got to compete in the Olympics is a momentous achievement. Plus, you're on a world stage representing your country and particular sport. Why would you want to make yourself look like a piss poor loser by trying to accuse someone of cheating? It's just bad form and makes you look like an ass.
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.
    Melodi, Resto Druid

Because being fourth in an Olympiad is still a great achievement.

Just being able to go to the olympics would be considered a great honor for any athlete, so they are just fortunate for that. In all sports it is good to demonstrate good sportsmanship and especially since your representing your country on national tv, you certainly want to behave.

Deep down you know it is really killing some of them on the inside though. We are talking about the top athletes in the world and athletes are known to be competitive. The fact that you have worked so hard yet you missed your chance at the gold medal probably doesn't sit well with many. Also you won't get another chance for a few years, that is if you do get the chance, to claim the gold. Getting to hear the opponents national anthem at the podium would really stick it to me as well if I came up short.

Deleted
    Shame you've got a childish mindset in sports.

They are professional sportsmen and whilst competing they are also exercising a sport they love. Being able to perform it at the olympics, winner or not is an absolute privilege. Heck I'd be stoked just finishing a race.

But it does happen... many times.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.