Thread: Field of view

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Or maybe it's because the game is launching in two days and they're more interested in using their time fixing problems than adding features.

But hey, feel free to paint them as villains as usual.
    I see reading more then one sentence at a time is really hard for some. Perhaps you should try it anyway before pressing "reply" next time though? Would make you look a hole lot less silly.
    Last edited by Lucky_; 2012-08-22 at 03:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_ View Post
    I see reading more then one sentence at a time is really hard for some. Perhaps you should try it anyway before pressing "reply" next time though? Would make you look a hole lot less silly.
    Apparently you did not read the 10 posts after you agreeing and calling Anet out on being terrible people. Your first line was overly hostile, I doubt they read more than the first line either before agreeing with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Yeah.. I don't see how "We're currently working on bugs, not adding features" is satanic.
    Newsflash: I don't think of the game as religion and never have and made it VERY clear that I do not. I think I also got at least one or two infractions for calling people like you out for practising religious zealotry in their treatment of the game and those who disagree. In that light it's funny to see this Freudian slip of yours vindicating me, yet again.
    Last edited by Lucky_; 2012-08-22 at 04:06 AM.

Newsflash: I don't think of the game as religion and never have and made it VERY clear that I do not. I think I also got at least one or two infractions for calling people like you out for practising religious zealotry in their treatment of the game and those who disagree. In that light it's funny to see this Freudian slip of yours vindicating me, yet again.
    Newsflash: by satanic I was inferring that you were making that reply out to be significantly worse than it was, not that you 'worshiped the game'. Nice excuse to call me out and decide that I worship the ground underneath GW2, though.
    I don't currently follow any religion, I'm sure as hell not going to start with a video game.
    Last edited by Delias; 2012-08-22 at 04:10 AM.

Nothing quite as hilarious as someone trying hard to cover their freudian slip and cheerleading willful ignorance in two consecutive posts all while trying to appear objective.

Nothing quite as hilarious as someone trying hard to cover their freudian slip and cheerleading willful ignorance in two consecutive posts all while trying to appear objective.
    There was no Freudian slip, I would make the same comment a second time. I did not mean it in a religious way, you're being quite silly for arguing otherwise. Just because someone disagrees with you does not mean they blindly worship whatever it is you are against, saying otherwise is just a roundabout way of calling them a fanboy to avoid an infraction.
    (Although, turning it into a religious thing doesn't seem like the best way to avoid one. Whatever, Lucky: king of negativity while avoiding infractions)
    Last edited by Delias; 2012-08-22 at 04:21 AM.

Stop it with this nonsense.

Unhappy

Delias and lucky, don't make this into a flame war. Either one of you be mature enough to stay on topic please.

Now, I don't want to paint anyone as villains but getting that brushed away answer on the official forums seems a little rude to me. However it could simply mean that they are in fact aware of it, and working on it.
    Odd thing is that that official looking reply disappeared with no trace quite fast..
    Guess all I can do is cross my fingers and hope they fix it.
    Last edited by Nexrex; 2012-08-22 at 07:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexrex View Post
    Delias and lucky, don't make this into a flame war. Either one of you be mature enough to stay on top of please.
    Posting directly after a mod-reply is bad for your case, and I'd recommend you refrain from such in the future.

As for the actual thread that was on the forums, what was really said, because I missed it (not being home for the majority of the stress test)? I was under the impression that the response hinted at here was that bug reports were taking up the primary amount of time/effort during the stress test and stuff like this would be better left until launch (or shortly after)? Did I actually miss something?
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2012-08-22 at 07:12 AM.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Posting directly after a mod-reply is bad for your case, and I'd recommend you refrain from such in the future.

As for the actual thread that was on the forums, what was really said, because I missed it (not being home for the majority of the stress test)? I was under the impression that the response hinted at here was that bug reports were taking up the primary amount of time/effort during the stress test and stuff like this would be better left until launch (or shortly after)? Did I actually miss something?
    That would be one way to understand it. I would appreciate it if ArenaNet could be a little direct in communicating about this issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually fine with it now I've found a solution. Relieved actually.

1) Sit a nice distance back
    2) Play with a stretched window
    3) Set desktop background to black/dark theme

Problem solved until ANet decide to finally address it!

Atleast it's not a game-breaker anymore and I can PLAY the game I've been wanting to play from nearly 2 fucking years :P
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-08-22 at 07:34 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Deleted
    Again, people need to calm down.

"Thanks for taking the time to give us your thoughts on the subject – we truly do appreciate it. The stress tests forums however, are only active so you can receive help with account issues, request technical support, and provide bug reports for the team.
    Thanks for your understanding and cooperation!
    See you in game!" - community manager Dalmarus
    This pretty much means what it says - the stress test forums are only used to solve immediate technical issues and bugs. There's no need to try to find a hidden, deeper meaning of it. It's black on white. Try conveying your message through a means that isn't dedicated to something else, and I'm sure you'll have more success.

I understand ppl complain on FoV, as they want to see more on the screen then others etc. But how would the game look if you would be able to slide fov? :s In my head it would be stretched out :S
    As the pic in beginning of thread with 1 moniter vs 3 moniter, So ppl really want the wide of 3 moniters into 1 just to see more? :s I Dont thin that would give you any advantage etc..
    And if you feeling sick of playing to much, TAKE A BREAK!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Christoffer1989 View Post
    I understand ppl complain on FoV, as they want to see more on the screen then others etc. But how would the game look if you would be able to slide fov? :s In my head it would be stretched out :S
    I think like 10 different examples of "what it would look like" have already been shown in this thread.

As the pic in beginning of thread with 1 moniter vs 3 moniter, So ppl really want the wide of 3 moniters into 1 just to see more? :s I Dont thin that would give you any advantage etc..
    We didn't ask for the FoV of 3 monitors into 1 because that would be stupid. 3 monitors was just to prove the point that FoV adjustment was already a working feature in the game, in response to all those people saying "but they would need to spend a lot of time adding this to the game". We want a decent PC FoV of atleast 90 degrees (like WoW), or an FoV slider which allows adjustment between 60 and 90 degrees.

And if you feeling sick of playing to much, TAKE A BREAK!
    People aren't getting sick of playing too much. People are getting sick from simulation sickness. Know the difference. It can affect people as early as 15-30 minutes into games, it's asinine to ask people to take breaks that frequently because you're not going to make friends wait for you, and once you're immersed you're not going to get up and simply put up with the headaches/nausea until it becomes too much.

Till ANet gets their shit sorted, I have suggested the solutions that have worked for me (and should work for others) for now. Assuming people are playing on 21"-23" monitors, the stretched window idea should do fine and you can move closer to the monitor to see animations/etc. It's basically the equivalent of fooling the game into thinking you're running multiple monitors (by stretching the aspect ratio) and the game compensates by adding FoV.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-08-22 at 08:15 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

The windowed mode workaround is currently the only way I can actually play, which is kind of infuriating. But as mentioned, with no official response or comment on this issue there isn't much else to do that avoid full screen. Kinda sucks cause it's a beautiful game and I would love to have the very simple option of enjoying it in full screen on a 27"...
    Last edited by Nexrex; 2012-08-22 at 01:41 PM.

The windowed mode workaround is currently the only way I can actually play, which is kind of infuriating. But as mentioned, with no official response or comment on this issue there isn't much else to do that avoid full screen. Kinda sucks cause it's a beautiful game and I would love to have the very simple option of enjoying it in full screen on a 27"...
    yeah, it worked quite well to be honest. could play for the full duration of the stress test this time. to bad FoV topics got blocked left right and centre in the official forums.

im still planning in buying 2 other monitors sometime after release with ANet refuses to hear/discuss/acknowledge our concerns when the official forums are up 24/7

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitan View Post
    yeah, it worked quite well to be honest. could play for the full duration of the stress test this time. to bad FoV topics got blocked left right and centre in the official forums.

im still planning in buying 2 other monitors sometime after release with ANet refuses to hear/discuss/acknowledge our concerns when the official forums are up 24/7
    That's quite an (idiotic) assumption. The only reason it was "ignored" (in quotes because, frankly, it wasn't, but that's how you're all seeing it) is because it was unrelated to the nature of the stress test. I'm certain they've taken note of it, but with release date in 3 days, it's low priority. Priorities will change after release. But until then, calm down.
    Last edited by rhandric; 2012-08-22 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    That's quite an (idiotic) assumption. The only reason it was "ignored" (in quotes because, frankly, it wasn't, but that's how you're all seeing it) is because it was unrelated to the nature of the stress test. I'm certain they've taken note of it, but with release date in 3 days, it's low priority. Priorities will change after release. But until then, calm down.
    I'm calm but annoyed. I mean it's like what 6 years of development and nobody once thought "hey hang on a second... We are developing for PC right? Where's the FoV slider?!"
    I know someone's gonna come out now and say that an unrealistic way of looking at it, but it's all ready part of the game so why not.

I'm calm but annoyed. I mean it's like what 6 years of development and nobody once thought "hey hang on a second... We are developing for PC right? Where's the FoV slider?!"
    I know someone's gonna come out now and say that an unrealistic way of looking at it, but it's all ready part of the game so why not.
    "Hey, wait a second, we're developing a PC game with no FoV slider?"
    "Oh, it's fine. I can't actually think of a third person game with a FoV slider."
    "Touche." *gets back to work*

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    "Hey, wait a second, we're developing a PC game with no FoV slider?"
    "Oh, it's fine. I can't actually think of a third person game with a FoV slider."
    "Touche." *gets back to work*
    Not sure why you have to bring other games into it. This is Guild Wars 2, not an FPS. Guild Wars 2 has the problem. Guild Wars 2 has had the problems for months and in my opinion, it's pretty inexcusable that they haven't fixed it yet. If just 1 person gets sick from playing Guild Wars 2 but is fine when playing a different game, it should be prioritized. What is the point of making a great game with people can't even play it due to 1 small issue that makes the game completely unplayable.

"But wait, the customers have been concerned about this since BWE 1, maybe we should do something?"
    "Yea, people have been getting head aches and nausea from just a couple hours of playing!"
    "Seems like something that should totally be fixed, we don't want people throwing up from playing our game"