Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Hmm, I was completely lag free this time. Anyway, is there any game combat that isn't bad in a poor performance environment?
    Nope, there isn't. BTW, anyone else experienced a full character wipe? I've had my warrior and ele since the first BWE and only missed the last, now everything was gone. Not that it matters too much since they'll be wiped anyway the 25th, but just wondering, was I the only one?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus View Post
    I didn't say you wouldn't. I said you couldn't.
    Which makes me even more curious: what are your specs?

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Hmm, I was completely lag free this time. Anyway, is there any game combat that isn't bad in a poor performance environment?
    At some point everything sucks. But some games have a high tolerance to latency and Gw2 does not. Partly the way skills queue, and partly the very nature of the game. Twitch gameplay suffers hard from lag, its why no competitive FPS game will ever be played on a server with a ping over 30.
    Gw2 isnt as twitchy as an FPS game. But you need to dodge, need to use abilities when you need them, make the switch at the right point. And when you have some lag, this stops working and the game devolves from a fluent gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    At some point everything sucks. But some games have a high tolerance to latency and Gw2 does not. Partly the way skills queue, and partly the very nature of the game. Twitch gameplay suffers hard from lag, its why no competitive FPS game will ever be played on a server with a ping over 30.
    Gw2 isnt as twitchy as an FPS game. But you need to dodge, need to use abilities when you need them, make the switch at the right point. And when you have some lag, this stops working and the game devolves from a fluent gameplay.
    Ok, I can agree with that. Some games are a bit more tolerant to lag than others. But as you said there is a point where every game will be unplayable.

Got a high performance boost too. The game was running like a train, waterfall or whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    I played during it and everything felt flawless, no lag or anything. And the game seemed to run smoother even though i had no problems before but somehow now it feels better, idk.

I had some slight lagg in the start (played PVP with a mate) and my friend also had the same lagg/delay as me... but it solved itself after a couple of min.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Nope, there isn't. BTW, anyone else experienced a full character wipe? I've had my warrior and ele since the first BWE and only missed the last, now everything was gone. Not that it matters too much since they'll be wiped anyway the 25th, but just wondering, was I the only one?
    That's why - all characters were wiped for the 3rd BWE
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    That's why - all characters were wiped for the 3rd BWE
    Ah I see. Thanks for the info buddy!

I'm proud to be a Norn. Keg Brawl is so much fun. One hour of lag-free head-bashing was the best time I've had so far in Tyria.

My game on the highest settings in this stress test were like above 80 even in the PvP lobby loaded and with alot of AoE spammer there.

The only way to get lower than that was if I turned the Supersampling On. (Which even if you put "Best Appearance" they set supersampling on default) Then the fps got to like 40~, and I didn't really see any difference. Anyone knows what difference does it make?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    My game on the highest settings in this stress test were like above 80 even in the PvP lobby loaded and with alot of AoE spammer there.

The only way to get lower than that was if I turned the Supersampling On. (Which even if you put "Best Appearance" they set supersampling on default) Then the fps got to like 40~, and I didn't really see any difference. Anyone knows what difference does it make?

What card/cpu you running? Those FPS sound promising

As for supersample when i was stuffing around with it, last test (not today) i think it made the 'blurry/soft' look more prominent? Aside from that no idea lol

Yup. Supersampling is the only thing that dips my fps below 50. Otherwise I'm running around at 80-100fps. It's a stark contrast to the BWE events for me, where it would drop in the 20s. I can't wait until SLI is supported.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherrysoul View Post
    What card/cpu you running? Those FPS sound promising

As for supersample when i was stuffing around with it, last test (not today) i think it made the 'blurry/soft' look more prominent? Aside from that no idea lol
    I have a i7-3820 @3.6Ghz and a 560 TI.

Deleted
    does anyone know if CF/SLI is properly supported yet? Yes, next GPU drivers will probably make the configuration better. I have great fps, but I feel that I need more with my rig. I know, 2 weeks left, but im just asking now. lowest fps ive had was in WvW in front of a gate when like 20 people and a ram was nuking (i was meleeing with my warrior) i had 40 fps. Im hoping for 60 fps in those situations
    but still i doubt that this is the max fps ill get. they will make it better

obs: i cant play with full clocked card since it just crashes. (guess it's because it isnt done yet) clocking gives me like 10-20 more fps in other games
    Last edited by mmocebc8ec9eed; 2012-08-12 at 11:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    does anyone know if CF/SLI is properly supported yet? Yes, next GPU drivers will probably make the configuration better. I have great fps, but I feel that I need more with my rig. I know, 2 weeks left, but im just asking now. lowest fps ive had was in WvW in front of a gate when like 20 people and a ram was nuking (i was meleeing with my warrior) i had 40 fps. Im hoping for 60 fps in those situations
    but still i doubt that this is the max fps ill get. they will make it better

obs: i cant play with full clocked card since it just crashes. (guess it's because it isnt done yet) clocking gives me like 10-20 more fps in other games
    It's not supported yet. My fps was the same whether SLI was enabled or not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    It's not supported yet. My fps was the same whether SLI was enabled or not.
    is it true? then jesus. I hit 60+ fps most of the time (40fps in WvW in front of a gate), some times 80-100 in small areas while questing on only 1 GPU 840/1325 (cant clock because it crash) ( I still have CF enabled) while having max graphics except supersample, i have that on, like default, and playing on 1080p

hope you're right! looking forward to see fps when it's fully supported

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a i7-3820 @3.6Ghz and a 560 TI.
    Noice, your CPU kicks my ass,(I'm still on i7-930) but same GPU

Quote Originally Posted by Cherrysoul View Post
    Noice, your CPU kicks my ass,(I'm still on i7-930) but same GPU
    I actually had the I7-2600k but that thing wouldn't work. So I got a replacement.

But I'm really intrigued about supersamplling XD. I would like to play the game in the max settings max max max

It's amazing how much fun you can have in 1 hour

Deleted
    But I'm really intrigued about supersamplling XD.
    What do you want to know?

Supersampling is when the game is internally rendered to a larger frame-buffer (image), for example 1.4x the width and 1.4x the height, and then downsampled just before it is presented to the display.

It is a pretty nice form of anti-aliasing, giving good results and if done right shouldn't look too blurry. The downside is that the GPU has to render a lot more pixels - in my example above you are rendering twice as many pixels. So it's gonna put a bit of extra strain on your GPU.