Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Anything special?

Do you plan on doing anything special over the next two weeks to prepare for GW2?

If there is something in the way of you doing something special such as work or school, is there anything you would do differently if you didn't have to go to school/work?

I will continue to do my normal thing but im sure there are some people who will do something special.
    Last edited by Pacabra; 2012-08-12 at 08:45 AM.

Only do some extra shopping for drinks and foods for the launch (headstart) itself.
    Except that, no... too busy at/with work.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapti View Post
    Only do some extra shopping for drinks and foods for the launch (headstart) itself.
    Except that, no... too busy at/with work.
    If you hand't been busy what would you do differently?

Tbh except extra shopping...
    Id get up very early day before (EU). Do a lot of sports, made sure Id be tired as hell, so I would come back in the evening watch few vids and then went to bed to sleep all night long and wake up just for the headstart (9am on saturday in EU). Usually excitement doesnt let you fall asleep :P.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, just want it to be 25th already lol, everyday is dragging now that we have a date, and everyday i get more and more frustrated LOL.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherrysoul View Post
    Nope, just want it to be 25th already lol, everyday is dragging now that we have a date, and everyday i get more and more frustrated LOL.
    I feel the same exact way, I haven't played any beta events just watched videos so i feel so teased.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, life goes on, but the days do feel a bit longer. In the mean time before release I'm just playing video games, playing guitar, drawing stuff, ect; just what I normally would do to pass time.

I'm currently unemployed, so I have nothing getting in my way of playing the game when it launches, but that fact is probably making the days feel a bit longer than they should. At the very least I'm having company over this week, so at least there is that.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Nothing special tbh. Darksiders 2 is coming out this week so at least a few evenings will go into playing that. Hopefully it'll last till the 25th...if not, there's always TV shows that I haven't seen yet.

Deleted
    Yes!

I'm doing as much of the HoM as I can, trying to get to 30/50 before GW2 comes out and I never play GW1 ever again.

Nope, just gonna sit down and play when it comes out with some water at hand.

Deleted
    I'm kinda extra excited because I have the week off work...*really* need to get away from the place for a while.

No though, no special preparations for me this far in advance...other than to think about how I'll spend my first day or two in game.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapti View Post
    Tbh except extra shopping...
    Id get up very early day before (EU). Do a lot of sports, made sure Id be tired as hell, so I would come back in the evening watch few vids and then went to bed to sleep all night long and wake up just for the headstart (9am on saturday in EU). Usually excitement doesnt let you fall asleep :P.
    Lol yeah couldn't agree more i'm debating if i sleep during the day or not since i'm in the pacific time zone it releases at 12am here

Deleted
    I'll be taking a 2 weeks vacation a week or two after it's release.

Quote Originally Posted by mofo View Post
    Nothing special tbh. Darksiders 2 is coming out this week so at least a few evenings will go into playing that. Hopefully it'll last till the 25th...if not, there's always TV shows that I haven't seen yet.
    Oh, and I forgot to add, I'm going through Wooden Potatoes' Let's Play series of Guild Wars 1. I had only played the original Prophecies back in 2005, and even then I'd played it only for a month or so, so I'm going through all his Let's Play videos of the campaigns and the expansion. Just finished Prophecies and am now going through Factions. It's been a blast so far, the videos have been entertaining and informative at the same time. I'm sure that even if Darksiders 2 doesn't last me till the 25th, seeing all these videos will.

Deleted
    Nothing.

I am also considering waiting through the headstart and like one week after release just to let everything cool down, main stability problems fixed and less congestion in the zones.

Deleted
    Maybe I'll socialize with my friends as much as possible for the weeks before release, because after I've gotten my hands of that game they won't be seeing me for a loooong time.. (Wow, super cool bro!)
    And something to drink. Many boxes of tea and soda will help me conquer every creature that may come across Meerkat, the mighty Engineer!

I just came back from the Seychelles and Sardinia. So I'm just going to unwind and relax. I have to admit I can't wait to start playing though.

Deleted
    Since it will open on 10 in morning on 25th here. I plan to sleep properly the night before and generally be well rested. Wake up an hour earlier.
    Bath, 20mins treadmill, breakfast, open pc and get ready to spam the login.
    Also planning on stockpiling energy drinks. But not consume them mindlessly! They arent exactly the best thing for yourself.

As for when the game is out, I'll do 10-15mins break every now and then. And it's going to be a day that will pass so fast, I wont even notice it's dark outside. Then I'll resume my conquest into the world of Tyria until the next evening, at that point I'll remain dormant for the next 12 hours then resume.

Deleted
    I'm watching GW1 let's play. Still like 20 videos left on Prophecies, and later another expansions, hope I will make it on time (doubt it though)

Deleted
    Struggling with my diet. Being bored makes me hungry D:.