Deleted

MOP - Do you need to visit a trainer to re-spec in MOP?

Any beta testers out there,

In MOP do you have to visit a trainer to pay the fee to re-spec or have they introduced a new system, maybe like the glyph system?\

Thanks...

Currently, you can go to the Trainer to relearn glyphs(Change glyphs), Talents and Respec.

Deleted
    Thats strange, I was sure I'd seen a youtube vid were someone was respecing without using a trainer…

Thanks for the feedback...

You can swap out your TALENTS and Glyphs on the go with a "Dust of Disappearance" type of item (The new one is called 'Tome of Clear Mind').

But you still have to go to a trainer to change specs completely.

Keep in mind that when a new expansion hits, with major talent changes, blizzard will wipe the talents for everyone. So when you log in on beta/ptr, you can just start setting up your talents without going to the trainer, as they've been wiped already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by americandavey View Post
    Currently, you can go to the Trainer to relearn glyphs(Change glyphs)
    NOES!

You change glyphs like always: Use dust (up to 85) or tome (86-90) to remove a glyph and then place a new..

Deleted
    Thats a shame, I was hoping that you'd be able to switch talents on the fly, for example as a warrior if I wanted to swap 2 of my lvl 90 talents between bosses from Avatar to Storm Bolt for whatever reason or if I was in a DPS role and needed to switch to tank (which was in a PVP spec) I could respec without having to return to a trainer...... shame they didn't continue with the great idea of the glyphs with "tome of the clear mind!...

Deleted
    Eh? You can switch individual talents on the fly using a Tome of Clear Mind, or if you want to, you can go to the trainer and pay a fee to reset all of them.
    You only have to visit the trainer if you want to change your specialization(outside what you have set up in your Dualspec).

Quote Originally Posted by Darthius View Post
    Thats a shame, I was hoping that you'd be able to switch talents on the fly, for example as a warrior if I wanted to swap 2 of my lvl 90 talents between bosses from Avatar to Storm Bolt for whatever reason or if I was in a DPS role and needed to switch to tank (which was in a PVP spec) I could respec without having to return to a trainer...... shame they didn't continue with the great idea of the glyphs with "tome of the clear mind!...
    I like how you didn't actually read the response that said you can switch your talents with Tome of Clear Mind...

as of now you can swap your talents for glyphs...

Swapping individual talents was one of the things brought up as a cool pvp thing - you can adjust then right before an arena match when you know who you're facing. You have to visit the trainer to change spec/tree though. Looking forward to this for tweaking specs in raiding and such.
    Last edited by niuserre; 2012-08-16 at 09:57 PM.