porto 1-0 malaga

deserved win for porto but their goal was offside

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    porto 1-0 malaga

deserved win for porto but their goal was offside
    Yeah, it was offside but not for much. Hard one for the referee. Anyway, it was a deserved win like you said, they played much better than Malaga.

Deleted
    Big night tonight, for one man more than most.
    Coral put on a promo saying that if anyone could guess the correct scores for every game in the last 16 of the CL, they would win £1,000,000 He's 2 games away from winning it, last man standing with correct results! I can imagine he would be bricking it throughout tonight. Picture (https://twitter.com/SimonTorresPike/...035713/photo/1)

Anywho, I imagine a draw at Galatasary(Not going to bother attempting to spell that properly) against Schalke, and a narrow Barca win at the San Siro, should be some good games though.
    Last edited by mmocd9628b4295; 2013-02-20 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Picturez

Milan beats Barca today, just have a feeling (plus Italian teams tend to do well versus Spanish clubs)

Well, Barca are still losing to the same tactics. Defend with 11 and then counter attack, Milan doing it perfectly. Real question will be if they can do it at the Nou Camp.

(also inb4 my curse of predicting games to be over before they really are.)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm quietly amused that both the goal scorers came from Portsmouth of all clubs.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

I dont spose they were at Portsmouth when Harry was manager by any chance?

a great day for football as a sport. just hoping they dont lose there with 3:0 or some other silly result

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    I dont spose they were at Portsmouth when Harry was manager by any chance?
    Yea I think they were.

Barca really needs to learn that you either have to shoot from outside the box sometimes, or you need a big man in the box to cross too. Its frustrating to watch as well, theres very little football going on when you know the easiest way to win the game is sit with 11 on the edge of your own box.

10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed Barca needs to get a plan b and fast when the passing football doesn't work, thought they would have learnt from last year when Chelsea parked the bus and won.

Well the one player they have who isn't afraid to shoot wasn't even on the bench today, David Villa. I find it a bit criminal how he has been left out this season. He's definitely moving on after this.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Well, Barca are still losing to the same tactics. Defend with 11 and then counter attack, Milan doing it perfectly. Real question will be if they can do it at the Nou Camp.

(also inb4 my curse of predicting games to be over before they really are.)
    good post, but yeah 2-0 they will be defend with 11 all the damn time, they don't need to counter attack so yeah they will do the same at Nou camp (even worse for barca).. but hopefully barca start with alexis messi pedro on the offensive, so it would be easier for messi

---------- Post added 2013-02-20 at 07:39 PM ----------

Well the one player they have who isn't afraid to shoot wasn't even on the bench today, David Villa. I find it a bit criminal how he has been left out this season. He's definitely moving on after this.
    he was injured man.. don't talk shit, most of their wingers are playing like shit lately, pedro alexis villa, they should put tello and villa on as wingers but not gonna happen
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

Quote Originally Posted by EqualWin View Post

he was injured man.. don't talk shit, most of their wingers are playing like shit lately, pedro alexis villa, they should put tello and villa on as wingers but not gonna happen
    I'm not talking shit but yeah I probably should have added the context that Villa was injured. I still maintained that he has been poorly utilized this season. I mean the team functions a lot better with him in there instead of Alexis but Alexis has gotten way more playing time.

I'm not talking shit but yeah I probably should have added the context that Villa was injured. I still maintained that he has been poorly utilized this season. I mean the team functions a lot better with him in there instead of Alexis but Alexis has gotten way more playing time.
    yeah I agree with that but remember he was injured before also, then he played a match and played really good if I'm not wrong I think it was vs cordoba? and then got injured again... so he hasn't been at his 100%...
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    any barca loss is a good loss!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

so many barca haters here I see
    - Ronald Koeman.

Well it's only halftime in these ties, still lots to come. And if Barca score an early goal in the return leg, I can very well see them getting more to progress.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    hey, arsenal fan here, can't enjoy barcelona since ronaldinho and henry left them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone loves to see the top dog fall.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.