As an Ac Milan fan the result is still surprising.

The difference in terms of technique and ball possession is quite huge, without mentioning that they usually run much more then any other living creature known in this planet.

The performance tho was spectacular. We closed every space between our lines, we let them suffocate in their tiki-taka without giving them any 1vs1 near the box.
    I think its the only way to actually stop them, as they are so aggressive if u just "survive" some assaults they eventually commit suicide. Muntari's goal is quite the example. They lost the ball rather naively and their defenisve line is way too soft. Niang and the Pharaoh had all the time in this world to do wheetever they wanted.

Next time gonna be utterly hard; i stille see Barça ahead; i think we have now 30% chances to get thru this. If we do, Bayern Munich will get the trophy easy. If they fail this time aswell, they should call for an exorcist.

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    As an Ac Milan fan the result is still surprising.

The difference in terms of technique and ball possession is quite huge, without mentioning that they usually run much more then any other living creature known in this planet.

The performance tho was spectacular. We closed every space between our lines, we let them suffocate in their tiki-taka without giving them any 1vs1 near the box.
    I think its the only way to actually stop them, as they are so aggressive if u just "survive" some assaults they eventually commit suicide. Muntari's goal is quite the example. They lost the ball rather naively and their defenisve line is way too soft. Niang and the Pharaoh had all the time in this world to do wheetever they wanted.

Next time gonna be utterly hard; i stille see Barça ahead; i think we have now 30% chances to get thru this. If we do, Bayern Munich will get the trophy easy. If they fail this time aswell, they should call for an exorcist.
    yeah the only way that has been successful to stop barca is the buss strategy, like chelsea last year, milan did it better I guess..
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't hate Barca, I just like to see them lose every now and then :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Milan had 1 less shot on goal and more on target, even though it was 33% to 67% in possession in favour to Barca they never really looked likely to score after that first goal.

15+ Year Old Account
    I didn't watch the match but it sounds like typical Barca tactics... they used to work, but I guess teams have adapted to counter their tactics now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any of you think barca would ever go with a plan b (playing a striker)?

Don't blink during the Liverpool game, might miss something!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still have to score 1 more if they wanna go through.

Edit: Classy Suarez stamping on a Zenit players back and Liverpool lose on away goals. Chelsea get a Fergie time winner.
    Last edited by laffling; 2013-02-21 at 09:58 PM.

There's a difference tho, AC Milan team this year is not very talented (at least midfield and defense aren't top tier in europe) but we got some very quick strikers that can really hurt an opponent who attacks recklessly. Last year's Chelsea was more static, so i think they couldn't collect the same chances to score as we did.

but if barca couldn't score who can? just still play gay as they do, and win every match by penalties or waiting for enemy mistakes like they did vs barca
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

Deleted
    the Belgians won it for the British teams !
    Brazil 2014 is ours !

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    the Belgians won it for the British teams !
    Brazil 2014 is ours !
    I bloody hope so, I'll just be happy if we qualify for Brazil 2014 :P

Quote Originally Posted by laffling View Post
    Still have to score 1 more if they wanna go through.

Edit: Classy Suarez stamping on a Zenit players back and Liverpool lose on away goals. Chelsea get a Fergie time winner.
    How is into 2nd minute of 4th minute added time Fergie Time?

---------- Post added 2013-02-22 at 05:46 PM ----------

With the right manager, I believe Belgium could go all the way in the World Cup.

They have an incredibly talented spine.

Cortouis, Kompany, Vertonghen, Fellaini, Dembele, Hazard, Lukaku.

Not bad at all.

Belgium look good, I'd put them in among the tier 2 teams. They would do well to qualify and make the knockout rounds of the world cup.

15+ Year Old Account
    Aye we have talent, but for some reason when they play together it mostly doesn't click, or it didn't in the past at least. Hoping this will change and we'll see Belgium at Brazil 2014, would be a shame otherwise.

Deleted
    we should qualify and make the quarters

It all depends on what group you get and who your opponents are in the knockout rounds.

if you face someone like the US, Nigeria, or Russia then yeah, you'd expect them to move on

but if you face a Spain, Germany, or Argentina, you'll have your work cut out for you

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, good chance the Premier League goal of the year will be won by a defender, what a gorgeous volley from Rafael.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't wanna say this but RvP needs to be taken off already he looks to be in pain out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Followed by a goal line clearance and shortly after an awesome cross pass onto Van Persie's foot that you'd expect from Scholes, Rafael's been unplayable this first half.

---------- Post added 2013-02-23 at 03:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by laffling View Post
    I don't wanna say this but RvP needs to be taken off already he looks to be in pain out there.
    Did you see what happened? Guy went smack into the stands in the lead up to the goal, looked painful.

Gonna hurt like hell on my FF team this week (why did I back Stoke away..) but better safe than sorry.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.