10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I actually would hate that. I've seen enough "classicos" in madrid's mourinho era to last me a lifetime.

Anyway, the appeal of european competitions for me is to see teams from different countries compete against each other. To see teams from the same country is just like watching a league game.
    I could think of nothing better than a manchester derby (that united win ofc) for the european cup would be amazing, and I've seen dozens of them in hte PL and cups. Guess its personal tastes. I also think there are fewer matches in europe that would create quite a buzz like a classico or Manchester derby right now.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2013-05-01 at 05:18 PM.

I disagree with the notion that derbies in cup competitions are just like league games - the added spice of win or go home makes it different, if you add the European factor to that it's pretty special I'd guess (closest any Scottish team will come to that is the odd "battle of Britain" tie given the statistically unlikely nature of both halves of the Old Firm reaching the knockout rounds of the same competition). Although I do have a soft spot in my heart not for the BEST teams in Europe meeting, more the plucky underdogs going up against the big names, that's what makes the difference to me & makes a match feel a little more special, after all, I kinda get a little tired seeing the same teams in CL quarters/semi's all the time.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow, the mosaic in camp nou, pretty amazing :O

Anyway, go Bayern!

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, I've only seen Barca this powerless once at the Camp Nou, during the CDR semi finals. This is in the bag for Bayern.
    Ohio State Buckeye

Quote Originally Posted by Norganon View Post
    Wow, I've only seen Barca this powerless once at the Camp Nou, during the CDR semi finals. This is in the bag for Bayern.
    What does CDR stand for ?

I'm btw quite disappointed by Bayern - yes, they defend well, but their counters lack precision and they don't even try to make some moves themselves.

Sure, they don't have to, but why not try a bit harder to score that one goal that would definitely seal the deal ?

Barca has some nice pressing, though, at least they're really giving it their all.

CDR = Copa del Rey

Game Over. Sooo bad defending.

10+ Year Old Account
    FC Bayern, Stern des südens, du wirst niemals untergehn ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get why Victor Valdes always has to take an extra touch in the box. He gives it back to the opposition or blasts it over the sideline anyway. Also, Messi has played almost everytime during his injury. How do they expect him to recover? Then again, I'm not a coach at Barcelona.
    Ohio State Buckeye

Hahaha atleast Barca scored once this semi final.

EDIT: And a third... Great defense you got there.
    Last edited by Lillpapps; 2013-05-01 at 08:17 PM.

Man this is embarassing for Barca right now, at least Real put up a fight last night, Barca just havent even turned up, this is a real demolition job. Bayern are probably favourites for the final now, have to say they deserve it though this year.

barca gave up before the game started, don't kid yourselves

So to sum it up, first goal was poor defending, second goal was an own goal, third goal was Valdes not leaving the goal line. And rumors say that Barca are looking for forwards... Maybe they should reinforce their defensive line first.

10+ Year Old Account
    This game, gives me so much joy watching Barca suffer. I think this sarcastic tweet sums it up well:

Ryan Murphy: "And Barca have scored!"

After Pique's OG
    Last edited by Sinnermighty; 2013-05-01 at 08:26 PM.

Classic Herod: Sinnermighty - Blood Legion (Unretired)

Deleted
    FC Bayern! Stern des Südens!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a public humiliation... how embarrassing Barca..

I keep my tip up...
    Dortmund wins the Cup.

Normally one would say Bayern, but this is Bundesliga vs Bundesliga, and Dortmund can pull it off to beat the Bayern.
    Besides, only success babies, event fans, and southern Bavarians support the Bayern in Germany. Everyone else is always rooting for the other team.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Well at least I know that I can do something else when the final is played.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, at least we showed up in Madrid. Barca played without passion. This was total humiliation. As a Madrid fan, it felt good, but Barca didn't deserve it. To all the Barca fans, let's cry together. We'll be back next year.
    Ohio State Buckeye

yeah, embarrassing

last time they were beaten this bad in europe was by Dynamo Kiev in the 90's