Deleted
    United were awful tonight.Gratz to everton it was well deserved. ( united fan btw)
    Guna complain a little now. Valencia at right back? Nani right midfield there was no communication nani seemed to not want to give him the ball at times, and at others was holding a higher defensive line than Valencia and had to play it up to him and try to over lap. Even worse they didnt make 1 decent cross between them. Kawaga looked good but the midfield was so poor he was bound to look good. Very poor display tonight.

epl prediction 1st-4th soz 4 spelling mistake 4 beers in and still annoyed at united lol 37 games to go wooo
    city
    chelsea
    united
    newcastle

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    This game is great. BTW, the new ManU jerseys are pretty much incredible. Hadn't seen them until today and they are just awesome.
    You're joking right? They're goddamn teatowels.

Anyway, I'm glad to get that fixture done with, I hate playing away to Goodison.

The back four was patchwork with injuries but when Felini was playing out of his skin, who decided that anyone other than Vidic should be marking him?

Anyway Felini, Jagielka and Pienaar all had fantastic games for Everton and won them the deserved points, United aside from injuries have a couple of issues to iron out, the biggest though is Nani. He hasn't been performing at his best for nearly if not over a season now. His crossing was poor, his pass awareness awful and he didn't contribute to the pace as much as he slowed it down.

It's an early wake up call for United, and something I hope gets addressed now while it can, and not left to cripple the season. There is promise in the side, I think Kagawa had a cracking game, and as things settle down his tempo will be more and more valuable.

Scholes still can't tackle for shit but hey, that isn't going to change now.

Cleverley needs to remember how he played before Davies took half his knee out, and by looks of things his testicles too. He use to run at defenders with pace, now he's almost too afraid.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    You're joking right? They're goddamn teatowels.
    I think its one of their best looking kits ever, very unique, not just you're typical red shirt.

As for United's performance, all I can say is... I just aint what it used to be :/ Still a whole season to go, and the last 25 mins Man Utd pretty much pressured constantly, but the passing wasnt accurate enough and it just wasn't good enough. Everton's goal was fantastic, they deserved the win. I can definitely see Everton doing well again this season.

Also, really, Nani half of last season and now begin this season... playing so poorly imo :/

And darn it was weird to see Van Persie in United colours lol.
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2012-08-21 at 03:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post

United aside from injuries have a couple of issues to iron out, the biggest though is Nani. He hasn't been performing at his best for nearly if not over a season now. His crossing was poor, his pass awareness awful and he didn't contribute to the pace as much as he slowed it down..
    Probably just me, but I noticed that, for almost all of last season, Nani played horribly. He was always hogging the ball and taking shots from outside the box where he could have crossed/passed to players in much better positions. Yea, he scored a few goals but when you take 100 shots a game, some are bound to go in.

He seems to have picked up where he left off last season. Was actually hoping Fergie would trade him for Modric or something like that. Oh well, that's just me. I am sure there are many United fans who swear by him.

10+ Year Old Account
    As i'm waiting to see who Arsenal will bring in these last 10 days of the transfer window, i still can't wrap my mind around why Man U wanted RVP. The best answer i could give myself was that SAF wanted to show the football world that he still has to financial power to buy star players. For Van Perise's sake (i still appreciate what he did for Arsenal last season) i hope it works out.

Good start for me in the fantasy league, currently tied for 3d, not so good in prediscore. Good luck to ya all in gameweek 2.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demoncrash View Post
    Probably just me, but I noticed that, for almost all of last season, Nani played horribly. He was always hogging the ball and taking shots from outside the box where he could have crossed/passed to players in much better positions. Yea, he scored a few goals but when you take 100 shots a game, some are bound to go in.

He seems to have picked up where he left off last season. Was actually hoping Fergie would trade him for Modric or something like that. Oh well, that's just me. I am sure there are many United fans who swear by him.
    Exactly how I feel about Nani. He's really underperforming and I was also secretly hoping we'd get Modric to "replace" him. Really not impressed at how he played yesterday, or generally last season. Interested to see if he will be starting in the next games, surely Ferguson must see he's underperforming too.

---------- Post added 2012-08-21 at 01:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mirodin View Post
    As i'm waiting to see who Arsenal will bring in these last 10 days of the transfer window, i still can't wrap my mind around why Man U wanted RVP. The best answer i could give myself was that SAF wanted to show the football world that he still has to financial power to buy star players. For Van Perise's sake (i still appreciate what he did for Arsenal last season) i hope it works out.

Good start for me in the fantasy league, currently tied for 3d, not so good in prediscore. Good luck to ya all in gameweek 2.
    Aye I'm still a little unsure about why Ferguson bought him. I'm not going to go ahead and say he has anything really to prove, he had a good season last season, but he's injury prone and I'm still skeptical. Also his performance in Euro 2012 was rather... shocking, but I don't know if you can compare a European National Team Tournament to the Premier League. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

One thing I do know, Everton looked strong. I can see them being real contenders for the top 6 this year.
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2012-08-21 at 11:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mirodin View Post
    Idk how but I went from 15th to 5th

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I'm so bad at Fantasy Leagues wish I didn't keep Fellaini and Ba on the bench.

15+ Year Old Account
    I wanna see Reading kick some Chelsea butt tonight! ;D

Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    I wanna see Reading kick some Chelsea butt tonight! ;D
    I hope not, Ashley Cole and Torres in my fantasy team :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Man Hazard has lightening feet... Penalty magnet... Watching him play makes me wanna be a Chelsea fan ;D I need therapy!! (joke United for life! + semi Reading for life!)

---------- Post added 2012-08-22 at 09:10 PM ----------

Haha yes!!! Reading!! Superb header!
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2012-08-22 at 07:16 PM.

And now 2-1 to Reading, this is getting silly.

Also is this Harte on the pitch that played for Leeds 10 years ago? Apparently it is, I always thought he was older, apparently 35 now.
    Last edited by Xanjori; 2012-08-22 at 07:16 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Haha no way!! Reading ahead 2-1! It probably won't last long but boy this is making my evening!

Also apparently Steve McManaman is my commentator tonight, ages since Ive heard about or from him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bah i have Cahil on the bench . The goalkeepers have been terible this evening,
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

Two goalkeeping errors tonight. Real soft goals to concede.

15+ Year Old Account
    That was a goal waiting to happen, Reading couldn't keep defending like that the whole 2nd half. But yeah, 2 keeper errors in 1 match. Still 17 mins to go, let's see if Reading can hold a draw.
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2012-08-22 at 08:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice off-side call there refs.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

Well thats some sweet points for my team, great play leading upto it as well, I think Chelsea will produce a lot of that kinda football this season.

Really really close on the offside call, are we still going on "Daylight" rules? Because if so thats not offside, his upper body is leaning offside, but his feet seem to be level. Depends how you wanna call it I guess.

15+ Year Old Account
    Damn... Well no surprise, Chelsea have dominated the 2nd half, surprised they hadn't scored 2 goals sooner. Props to Reading for holding their lead for that long but Chelsea were obviously the better team.

edit: as for if it was offside, too close for me to say tbh.

edit 2: after seeing still images, it was offside. Pity linesman didn't see.

---------- Post added 2012-08-22 at 10:37 PM ----------

Haha that was just plain stupid.
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2012-08-22 at 08:31 PM.