10+ Year Old Account
    Picked RVP/Fellani and Kagawa to score in this week.

That's me sitting comfortably on the top of the prediction league
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Toon match now, I bet Chelsea will have a couple of players marking Cisse very closely.

10+ Year Old Account
    So i have Terry on my def but atleast I have Kagawa/Cleverly/Baines and Jagielka who scored 5+

10+ Year Old Account
    Al-Habsi,Bains, Kagawa, Jelavic and Williams all brining in solid points. Got Pogrebnyak but that match was postponed, now i just need my Arsenal to win, to bring me some more points. I forgot to mention Pilkington he got an assist today.
    Last edited by mirodin; 2012-08-25 at 05:44 PM.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

Deleted
    Only just got back from the game so does anyone know how bad Rooney's injury is? All I saw was hopping around and a stretcher :x
    The match was decent, 2 awful errors but Van Persie and Kagawa scored though! Kagawa's looked incredible in his first 2 games so far, but Anderson is very average.
    Also, no Nani at all, Fergie's had enough it seems!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uggz View Post
    Only just got back from the game so does anyone know how bad Rooney's injury is? All I saw was hopping around and a stretcher :x
    The match was decent, 2 awful errors but Van Persie and Kagawa scored though! Kagawa's looked incredible in his first 2 games so far, but Anderson is very average.
    Also, no Nani at all, Fergie's had enough it seems!
    He's out for 4 weeks, so he misses England's first World Cup qualifier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelk View Post
    He's out for 4 weeks, so he misses England's first World Cup qualifier.

I don't normally comment on football, because I hate it. But am I right in believing wayne rooney simply has a gash in his leg? It isn't fractured or broken? If so, that's pathetic! These so called heroes of sport should be able to compete even through light injury like that.

Last weekend, Casey Stoner crashed during qualifying for the MotoGP race at Indianapolis and broke his ankle..... and he still raced. Ben Spies injured his shoulder and still raced in the same event (until his engine blew). I think I can safely say I know who the real heroes of sport are... and it's not these footballers.
    Last edited by Ligier; 2012-08-25 at 07:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ligier View Post
    I don't normally comment on football, because I hate it. But am I right in believing wayne rooney simply has a gash in his leg? It isn't fractured or broken? If so, that's pathetic! These so called heroes of sport should be able to compete even through light injury like that.

Last weekend, Casey Stoner crashed during qualifying for the MotoGP race at Indianapolis and broke his ankle..... and he still raced. Ben Spies injured his shoulder and still raced in the same event (until his engine blew). I think I can safely say I know who the real heroes of sport are... and it's not these footballers.
    Cause driving a bike requires a lot of stress on the legs/ankles. I won't say any more on this subject, because its utterly stupid to compare injuries in different sports.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mirodin View Post
    Cause driving a bike requires a lot of stress on the legs/ankles. I won't say any more on this subject, because its utterly stupid to compare injuries in different sports.
    So you believe a motorcycle racer's legs are just floating in mid air? The foot is on the foot rest and he has to move his leg out for balance around corners and sometimes the feet will touch the ground. Meantime, you didn't mention shoulder injuries. How does that go down with your "opinion"?

Deleted
    I can't say how much pain he felt but if he couldn't walk I doubt he could play football!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ligier View Post

You're comparing apples and oranges.

Firstly you need to consider where it was, how deep it was and the sport he plays. When they got a camera angle at it, you could see it's right where the muscle is, and you could visably see bone. That's a deep cut and when the muscle pops out like that it's a risk at serious long term injury.

Secondly that isn't a small cut you can stick a plaster over, it's going to require a lot of stitches, they need time to heal otherwise all you're going to do is re-open the wound and risk further injury. Some sports you can play while injured, look at Cech and how he plays now with a depressed skull fracture by wearing a helmet for example.

Some sports allow you to play on with certain injuries. But considering how Football not only requires use of legs but you will get tackled and have clashes on a regular basis, you take the full length of time needed. There's no logical reason on earth to do otherwise.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fredrik Ljungberg has decided to give up his proffessional football career, he was one of the reasons I decided to follow arsenal (mostly henry though) so my hat is off to him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

10+ Year Old Account
    Freddie was an absolute nightmare for other teams in the late 90's early 00's. Big part of the invincibles campaign and Arsenal's rise to the big four.

Really disappointed with the Spurs result, so typical of us to concede a goal in the 90th minute and draw a game we should have won.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another goalless draw, sigh. Unless Theo is injured i can't think of a reason why Gervinho would start, he is absolutly horrible.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

Deleted
    What was that about Arsenal being able to cope without RVP? 2 goalless draws so far! I'm predicting a big win for Man City today, Liverpool were all over the place last week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stoke were being Stoke. It's hard to get a result from there RVP in your squad or no.

Deleted
    I put Gael Clichy in my fantasy team and he isn't playing because his wife's had a baby. I have such bad luck with my picks!
    Also: Lucas is injured 4 minutes in, thigh injury

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mirodin View Post
    Another goalless draw, sigh. Unless Theo is injured i can't think of a reason why Gervinho would start, he is absolutly horrible.
    you mean undefeated still after 2 games!? not even united has that :P

I did kinda predict a win for arsenal, not really sure why since we have won like 1 game out of 5 away to stoke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

Deleted
    YES. Get in Liverpool. They aren't a threat to the league so I would prefer them to win!