Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    we'll never know the full story about that besides where would ronaldo go tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like a horrific media overhype.

He'll be upset with the club's treatment, but he's a professional, and he'll play on regardless.

If he ever leaves, there's only one club for him, least I'd hope as much.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've heard some stories about it now and the one that I personally believe is that its the day his father passed away 8 years ago so he wasn't happy and celebrating cause of that which imo seems kinda likely.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    Sounds like a horrific media overhype.

He'll be upset with the club's treatment, but he's a professional, and he'll play on regardless.

If he ever leaves, there's only one club for him, least I'd hope as much.
    Ha, you think he'd return to United? :P That's a very big dream you have there ;P Can't say I blame you though.

He's not returning to Old Trafford for 2 years atleast, Fergie will not have him back at Old Trafford & even when he's gone you get the feeling his influence will extend beyond him being there every day as manager - so you can forget about that! HOWEVER if I was Real Madrid I would be carpeting the crap out of Ronaldo, while we all know that players have various problems with their clubs, there's a little matter of professionalism which means he should not have slated the club in this manner, but then again it's the most arrogant, self absorbed cunts in the game we're talking about here. Someone did mention the issue surrounding his father, which I can sympathise with (mine was 18 years ago last Friday and honestly I was unbearable all day - one word out of turn and that unfortunate person was getting the crap beat out of them), but as we've just seen, he's reacting badly to a managers decision not to play a player.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Deleted
    Did anybody see Ben Arfa's goal yesterday? it went in like a rocket. Iv said a few times on this forum how much I like him, he's so underrated in England.

Not sure if posting gif's are allowed I will delete if it's breaking the rules.
    Last edited by mmoceeceb76e25; 2012-09-03 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    Did anybody see Ben Arfa's goal yesterday? it went in like a rocket. Iv said a few times on this forum how much I like him, he's so underrated in England.
    Its not that he is underrated, its just that he isnt consisteent enough, he has too many games where he has no impact. He needs to fix that to be considered on the next level of footballer.

bosh what a goal, very fine strike indeed!

15+ Year Old Account
    Damn that's a good strike. Beautiful goal!

Deleted
    Can't tell, but isn't that gif a little sped up. Not by huge amounts, maybe just 10-20%. Was a good goal, but I don't remember the ball travelling that fast, and the seconds seem just a fraction out.

Also, with the Ronaldo thing, I'd heard it was just the media twisting his words (shock horror). All he'd said was that he was upset with how the club handled Kaka over the summer, not that he was upset with the club in general.
    Last edited by mmoc7c5925fb1b; 2012-09-03 at 03:00 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    As we all knew already, but now officially from his mouth, Rodgers regrets loaning Carroll to West Ham... surprise surprise. Seems like Liverpool are how can you put it... a tad buggered?

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19458601

Seems another site reports Rodgers is considering trying to sign Drogba or Owen... how he'd get Drogba I don't know, think he's rather happy with the money he's getting paid to play in China, no? Owen is a free agent however, apparently Stoke City have offered Owen a £30,000 a week contract, but Rodgers might try grab him. If he can't strengten the squad come January then apparently he said he'd recall Carroll from his loan.

Source: http://www.caughtoffside.com/2012/09...didier-drogba/

and check this cheeky goal, probably goal of the weekend for me lol

(If video embedding isn't allowed let me know and I'll remove it and just paste the link to it, Fengore)

Deleted
    Adriano's goal for Barça against Valencia this weekend was better than Ben Arfa's IMO, similar place, top corner, incredible goal.
    But Craig Mackail-Smith's bicycle kick was goal of the weekend for me, on my phone so I can't post links, you could find them on YouTube though.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    As we all knew already, but now officially from his mouth, Rodgers regrets loaning Carroll to West Ham... surprise surprise. Seems like Liverpool are how can you put it... a tad buggered?

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19458601

Seems another site reports Rodgers is considering trying to sign Drogba or Owen... how he'd get Drogba I don't know, think he's rather happy with the money he's getting paid to play in China, no? Owen is a free agent however, apparently Stoke City have offered Owen a £30,000 a week contract, but Rodgers might try grab him. If he can't strengten the squad come January then apparently he said he'd recall Carroll from his loan.

Source: http://www.caughtoffside.com/2012/09...didier-drogba/

and check this cheeky goal, probably goal of the weekend for me lol

(If video embedding isn't allowed let me know and I'll remove it and just paste the link to it, Fengore)
    Didn't drogba get his contract terminated due to payment issues?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larath View Post
    Didn't drogba get his contract terminated due to payment issues?
    Ah I wasn't aware of that... well if that's the case than maybe he can be grabbed by Liverpool, I don't know. I got the feeling however he felt his PL career was over (not in a bad way, he had just been there and done it, and now wanted to go where the big money is).

10+ Year Old Account
    Drogba is a free agent, Anelka may be following suit for the same reasons.

With Fowler offering to come out of retirement, Liverpool have the option of an Owen/Anelka/Fowler strikeforce.

Edit: As to video/gif images. As long as they're relevant and don't break the rules for content I'm fine with them staying up.

Just avoid posting meme imagery and offensive content.
    Last edited by Northern Goblin; 2012-09-03 at 05:45 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wonder if Rodgers will manage to get at least one of the above mentioned... time will tell I guess, but the longer they stay the way they are for the minute, the worse it's going to get... This PL start is their worst start in what, 50 years?

damn, i was hoping to post a lets all laugh at Celtic meme after every CL game!

I think there's a 50-50 chance of him getting Owen and he's the best shot he's got, Fowler hasn't played high level football for too long, Anelka & Drogba wouldn't be interested in playing for Liverpool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by koodledrum View Post
    damn, i was hoping to post a lets all laugh at Celtic meme after every CL game!
    Surely such trivial little things like European competition are of no concern to a team in the mighty third division =p

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    personally being a swede, celtic is my team in scotland :P

Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    Surely such trivial little things like European competition are of no concern to a team in the mighty third division =p
    See, that's what you'd think right, but when we're in the SPL in season 15/16 it means we have to be concerned as to what the diddy teams have done to Scotland's co-efficient, 5 Scottish teams in Europe, 2 of them absolutely destroyed, 1 of them punted out of two competitions, 1 of them beaten & Celtic still in. Fortunately for the co-efficient there will only be four teams in Europe next season, however I'd predict that the line won't really change much except for the fact Celtic have to face an extra qualifying round next season. Rangers can qualify for Europe in season 15/16 (if we win the Scottish Cup in 14/15 or finish runner up to Celtic) so we're not giving a toss about it for now, but further damage to that co-efficient by teams who have no business in Europe is bad news making it harder to play in Europe proper.

Mind you, my only goal at this precise moment in time is the prevention of those unwashed cretins in the San Giro getting 9 in a row again, it's a given they'll take 4 in a row without competition, can't let them get 9 in a row again!